Pixar Planet

The Definitive Pixar In-Jokes List

Are you a talented fan of Pixar? Show off your skills here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby A113 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:29 pm

I didn't notice the birthdays and money signature. Awesome, Rachel!
I've seen Ratatouille eighteen times, and WALL•E two times. • Jesus is LORD!
A113
Master Scarer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed May 21, 2008 4:06 am

I saw this video on youtube that gave us "Wall-E Locations" in previous Pixar movies. I don't think it is true and they just photoshop it. I'll see if I can find a link.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby azzstar » Mon May 26, 2008 11:03 pm

Nice References, didn't notice them before.
azzstar
Garbage Boy

Postby Sky » Tue May 27, 2008 5:07 am

No update this time, but I thought I'd share a few other interesting things I found in Toy Story 2...

Does anyone recognise this pink bear that makes an appearance in Toy Story 2? I can't remember if/when I've seen it before...

Here are a couple of funny toys that are sold in Al's Toy Barn: "Hostile Takeover" game, "Don't eat the jalepenos or drink the water" game. (!!!)

Image Image

And lastly, on the money that is shown during during the Al's Toy Barn commercial, on the right hand side there is a chicken character named... Rachel! Heheh. I think her full name may be "Rachel Raffael", but still, you don't know how excited I was when I spotted my own name hidden in a Pixar film. ;)

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Sky on Wed May 28, 2008 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby A113 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:24 pm

E PLURIBUS CHICKEN! 8D 8D 8D

That pink bear? Go to Toy Story at the beginning of the staff meeting before Woody brings up the moving buddy issue. He checks on the toys on the shelf to make sure they can hear him. Among these toys is your pink bear. :wink:
A113
Master Scarer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed May 28, 2008 5:01 am

Wow rachel, i never actually catch these. I find the detail in E PLURIBUS CHICKEN to be really funny. Never thought they would put it there.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Sky » Wed May 28, 2008 9:34 am

The "E PLURIBUS CHICKEN" joke totally flew over my head, for obvious reasons - I don't regularly handle American money - so I didn't get the reference, but as for the level of detail Pixar puts into their films, well my sig says it all, doesn't it? ;)

Thanks, A113. I knew I had seen that bear somewhere before, but just couldn't remember... I'll add that in next time.

TSS - Are you any closer to submitting any The Incredibles in-jokes? 'Cause I have a few that I wanted to add myself, but wanted to wait and give you the chance to do so beforehand - hey, I have to leave some jokes for you guys to submit, right? I can't keep 'em all to myself. Heheh.

If you could just submit the ones you have found already, if you don't think you will have the time to find any more soon, you can do so. It takes a long time to update the list each time (finding and capping each reference, plus uploading to the 'net as well as adding the info to the list and linking), that if you had a lot of references, it would be better if you gave them to me in separate parts anyway.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:27 pm

Go on ahead and post a few rachel. I didn't really find much, but I'll show you what I got via PM.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Mitch » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:37 pm

rachel - Puh-ha! Your name is in the movie.... That's awesome! :lol:

By the way, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but the Pizza Planet truck actually appears twice in Ratatouille, not just once. If you would like me to provide you with a screenshot displaying the famous vehicle's second appearance in the film then just let me know. ;)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Sky » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:10 am

Well, at the moment I'm putting together some jokes for the next update, mainly with Toy Story and Toy Story 2 - the former really needing some in-jokes added since there are hardly any.

TSS - Thanks again for the The Incredibles in-jokes - I'll add them next time!

Mitch - Yeah, I'm still geekin' out about it. He he.

I don't believe anyone has ever mentioned that before...If you could post a picture here (or link) of the second Pizza Planet truck in Ratatouille, that would be great! Try to get the highest resolution possible. I don't think the list would be complete without it! ;) Thanks in advance.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Mitch » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:37 am

rachel - I just sent you a message along with a screenshot of the said truck in Ratatouille. I decided to send the picture to you via a message because I didn't want to clutter up this thread too much, as the image itself is a rather large file. (The resolution is as crisp as I could get it, though.)

I hope that it helps! ;)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:17 am

I can't wait to see them, along the stuff you might have found.
The Star Swordsman

Postby A113 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:50 pm

The list is looking very well done, Rachel, although it probably will never be done. 8)
A113
Master Scarer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:25 am

You are right A113, as long as Pixar films are made, it will never end!
The Star Swordsman

Postby Sky » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:15 am

A113 wrote:The list is looking very well done, Rachel, although it probably will never be done.

Doesn't mean I won't try! But yeah, the list can only be complete for a year or so until the next Pixar movie comes out. But even then I bet there are Pixar in-jokes so obscure and hard to find, that the list wouldn't be fully complete even if we tried our best. But even if we only ended up with the a good 80% of references, as well as the most detailed list anywhere, then I'd be happy with that.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom