Pixar Planet

Toy Story 4 teaser trailer + poster

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Toy Story 4 teaser trailer + poster

Postby Agent 86 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:36 am

I’m thinking it’s a new Bo (or similar toy) also. The design is way too different to be the original Bow.

It also looks like her arm was once broken and repaired with some kind of bandaid or bandage?
Agent 86
Garbage Boy

Postby SpongeTheSquid » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:21 pm

My guess it's the same old Bo, but whoever owns her now broke her arm and swapped her dress out.

After what Hanks and Allen said about this movie, I have a feeling something bad is gonna happen between Woody and Bo.
SpongeTheSquid
Shark Bait

Postby Agent 86 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:38 pm

I guess it's possible that it is the original Bo with a new dress and a bow on her hair instead of a bonnet.

For some reason, I always had the impression that her bonnet and most of her dress was also made from porcelain, like the figure itself. The dress never seemed to fold or move like fabric would in Toy Story 1 and 2 (although Bo didn't play a huge role in those films). And maybe the fabric dress just had some kind of ... fabric stiffener applied to it?
Agent 86
Garbage Boy

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:03 pm

Tbh, I actually do think it's Andy's Bo before she was sold. I assume they'll end up explaining why she has a bandage on her arm during her reunion with Woody and Buzz.

Anyway, there's a full body picture of Bo Peep running with Woody, Buzz, Forky, and some new toy leaked from a Russian calender.
The only new character we don't know about is the small toy sitting on Bo's shoulder. She reminds me of the keychain toy from Hawaiian Vacation that was on Bonnie's backpack based on her size. I can only assume she is one of the toys that Bo Peep's new owner has.

There's also leaked listings of Toy Story 4 lego sets which, for the most part, could just be merchandise based on the film but the Caboom Duke set is pretty intriguing. I bet he's another new toy from the carnival.
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby Agent 86 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:53 am

Interesting! I guess they've given Bow Peep just the pants (which she wore under her skirt originally) to allow her to me a more "active" player in the events of the film (although how that balances with the fact she's made of porcelain and extremely fragile remains to be seen).

Forky scares me. If humans breathe "life" into every quasi humanoid / anthropomorphic creation, then wouldn't the world be overrun with those beings?
Agent 86
Garbage Boy

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:25 am

Apparently, some people are speculating a Toy Story 4 trailer is going to be dropping within the next two weeks since the trailer has been officially rated in Canada and other regions. In addition, there's yet ANOTHER render of Bo Peep on a Toy Story 4 thermos that looks like a HQ version of the picture on the calendar.
On the bright side, this will give collectors a chance to pick up a Bo Peep doll but she'll most likely be in her new outfit.

I kinda hope Jessie is still a part of the main line up for the film. It would be a shame for her to get shafted in the active Toy Story gang line up in favor of putting the spotlight on Bo. I'm sure it's just the merchandising focusing on the new characters + Woody & Buzz Lightyear.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:56 pm

Oddly enough, some Toy Story mobile game has some HQ renders of Woody, Buzz, Bo, Jessie, and some of the other toys. Interestingly enough, the Bo renders all have her in the shepherdess dress we're familiar with.
https://www.bigfishgames.com/game/toy-story-drop/
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby Agent 86 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:24 am

So, the latest teaser confirms that it is the original Bo Peep: https://ew.com/movies/2019/01/28/bo-pee ... -4-teaser/

It's a pretty interesting take on the character. It seems that Bo Peep has metaphorically and literally had to pick up the pieces of her shattered life.
Agent 86
Garbage Boy

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:54 am

We recently got official confirmation that there will be a TS4 sneak peak directly following the Super Bowl on Sunday. It's likely that it will be a scene from the movie but a first official trailer being displayed during the game is still a possibility.

There's a toy fair going on in Germany that showed more images of Thinkway's Forky and revealed Thinkway was making their own plushies of Ducky and Bunny.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby LittleMsBoPeep » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:11 am

You guys have no clue how excited I am for this film. I've seen every single scrap, and found a few.

Btw, Toystoryfangirl.com is the place to go for updates.
LittleMsBoPeep

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:17 am

TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby Kyle » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:04 am

Eww, at least post the uncropped version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Z8wKv6oPk

Personally I find these key and peele characters cringey. I need to see a proper trailer though, one that isn't rushed for the superbowl.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:02 am

Ngl, the sneak peek was pretty disappointing on top of an already disappointing Super Bowl game I had running in the background. I wanted to see more of Bo than another Ducky and Bunny gag considering they already made a promo twitter account for them.

Hopefully, they'll drop a proper trailer sometime soon so we can at least get a glimpse of the other new characters.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby Fallingwithstyle1995 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 pm

I'm pretty sure this isn't cropped and is actually indicative of the aspect ratio of the final film. Josh Cooley said 4 isn't going to be 1:85 like the other 3, specifically since they're broadening the scope of the adventure- rom https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/201 ... er-753541-

One of the ideas that got me excited to work on Toy Story 4 was that we were going to be expanding the world of Toy Story, Cooley told Fandango. "This would be the first time the toys would venture outside of the Tri-county area into the unknown. We decided to literally expand the world by changing the aspect ratio of the picture from the previous Toy Story films (1:85) to widescreen (2:39). The wider image really pushes the sense of scale and puts you in the big world right alongside Woody. The best way to experience the scale and to see the amazing detail in the film will be to watch Toy Story 4 on the big screen."
Fallingwithstyle1995

Postby Kyle » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:16 am

I was referring to the link TheSpaceSheriff shared on the last page, its cropped to a square for instagram, twitter what not.

Edit: new poster.

PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story