Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Postby aperez2014 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:44 am

So I'm having doubts on getting the 1995 Thinkway Bo Peep, not that she doesn't look great cuz she does better than the '99 Barbie version but will Thinkway release a newer version by the time Toy Story 4 comes out?? I could focus on getting some of the mains I'm missing idk just feel like someone should tell me lol, either way take a look at what I have so far
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (123.04 KiB) Viewed 7815 times
aperez2014

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:58 am

^ After watching Thinway's track record in the last two years, I would play it safe and acquire the '95 Bo Peep. Even though 2017 isn't that far away, I think it would be in your best interest to snag a '95 Bo Peep for a reasonable price on eBay. She generally goes for $90+ on eBay and Amazon.

It's going to be much more difficult [and expensive] to acquire RC, Rex, Mr. Potato Head, and the Bonnie trio (Pricklepants, Dolly, and Buttercup) due to Thinkway's odd supply of TSC figures. I'm stilling missing the Utility Belt Buzz, Dolly, and Buttercup in my collection. The prices online aren't really helping my situation either.

Speaking of Thinkway, they recently redesigned their website in light of the Star Wars Episode VII merchandise. I don't expect anything new Toy Story wise from them.
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby JJM » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:17 pm

JJM

Postby BertMacklinFBI » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:26 am

Does anyone know where I can get some more thinkway twist ties so I can put my aliens and bullseye back in the box? I have no idea where I put mine
BertMacklinFBI

Postby Ayroxus94 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:00 pm

I just thought I'd put this out there for anyone still wanting to collect Toy Story figures.

I've been quite successful in finding Toy Story figures in various local Charity shops/Thrift Stores. I live in the UK, and managed to nab myself a TSC RC Car with remote (sadly without the certificate) for just £2.50!!!

And the week before I narrowly missed out on getting a Lenny figure which I believe was the small McDonalds version, but nonetheless it was still quite a rare find. I only wish I had got it when I first saw it. I turned my back for about 30 seconds and someone else grabbed it. :evil:
Ayroxus94

Postby Futurama.shopuk » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:49 pm

Hi Forum,

Don't know if this is the correct area? I'm in need of some help and advice. I currently look after what is believed to be the worlds largest collection of Futurama Memorabilia. In my search for Futurama prototypes I managed to stumble across this Buzz first shot prototype. He doesn't have any markings on him. He's 4" tall.

So i'm struggling to identify him. Which brand he is, what figure he went on to become etc.

If any of you guys could help it would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Futurama.shopuk

Postby Buzzlightyear3000 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:27 am

12961359_652780224861326_8184512589941667876_o.jpg
12961359_652780224861326_8184512589941667876_o.jpg (77.24 KiB) Viewed 6656 times
[img][/img
Buzzlightyear3000
Ant

Postby Dinoco » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:54 am

Futurama.shopuk wrote:Hi Forum,

Don't know if this is the correct area? I'm in need of some help and advice. I currently look after what is believed to be the worlds largest collection of Futurama Memorabilia. In my search for Futurama prototypes I managed to stumble across this Buzz first shot prototype. He doesn't have any markings on him. He's 4" tall.

So i'm struggling to identify him. Which brand he is, what figure he went on to become etc.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Huh, that's interesting. Seems like a Mattel figure, I'm guessing early 2000s. I'd have to look further into it. A discovery like that easily warrants its own thread.
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:11 am

Futurama.shopuk wrote:So i'm struggling to identify him. Which brand he is, what figure he went on to become etc.

Howdy, stranger. I've seen that Buzz Lightyear figure before. It looks like the Buzz Lightyear figure Mattel produced during 2009 and 2010 for Toy Story 3's release. Upon further searching, there was a SDCC version that came with a small replica of Buzz's box and an "adult collector" version that had other Toy Story characters in the line:
I think I gave him as a gift to a friend a few years back. I don't see him at all in stores so the prototype will definitely be worth something.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby Buzzlightyear3000 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Someday they will make replicas that are true to the film. I just know they will.
Attachments
Alien claw backdrop.jpg
Alien claw backdrop.jpg (122.4 KiB) Viewed 7380 times
Buzzlightyear3000
Ant

Postby American horizon » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:46 am

Hi guys. I bought on ebay an used Buzz that seems the same of signature collection. It's produced by thinkway and have lights on wings. But i'm unable to know the original packing. According to this described feature, i can be sure that it is the signature collection edition?
Does it exists other Buzz by Thinkway with lights on wings and same appearance that are not the "signature edition" ? If yes, how it differ from the signature edition?
American horizon

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:21 pm

American horizon wrote:Hi guys. I bought on ebay an used Buzz that seems the same of signature collection. It's produced by thinkway and have lights on wings. But i'm unable to know the original packing. According to this described feature, i can be sure that it is the signature collection edition?
Does it exists other Buzz by Thinkway with lights on wings and same appearance that are not the "signature edition" ? If yes, how it differ from the signature edition?

The regular Buzz Lightyear figures made by Thinkway do not have the flashing lights on the wings, have visible screws on Buzz's legs, and has a plastic torso. The Signature Collection Buzz comes with flashing lights on each wing, no visible screws, and has a rubber torso which gives him more poseabiility.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby Goblet97 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:15 am

Howdy gang, I'm not entirely sure if anyone even looks at this thread anymore but it's worth a shot! Would anybody at all be willing to give me their toy story collection Rex box? It's is the only one that I do not own and I absolutely love the boxes! PM me if so and are interested, I would be willing to pay. Thanks folks!
......CAN!
Goblet97
Garbage Boy

Postby telvannee » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Hey folks.

I assume this thread is a sort of valinor where all the wisdom and lore on 'toy story' toys is concentrated :)
Would you be able to advise me, good sirs? I reside in eastern europe and currently am looking for all 'toy story' toys to purchase. The toys are supposed to be played with, not being put on display. The kid is very careful with toys, though.
I've decided to start with Buzz. In our local stores the following models are available:

Spoiler: show

The first one seems to be a lot cheaper. The second one is described by the vendor as a Thinkway 'must have collection toy'. My question to you, gentlemen, is - what is actually the difference between these two fellas? Except for amount of phrases spoken and sound effects produced, is there any drastic difference that could be a game changer? Like different plastic/assembly quality? What would you buy for your kid?
Thank you, guys!
telvannee

Postby Kyle » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:07 am

How old is the kid?

There are number of things that make the second one the better one to go with, but the question is how much will the kid appreciate them? The biggest difference I think you'll notice is the rubberized articulated waist. The screws are also hidden which makes it look a lot nicer.

There are a lot more differences but again, below a certain age these differences are not going to be appreciated much.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story