Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Kyle » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:14 pm

I can't make out the angry eyes or lips. Even in the HD version of the video, I cant tell what I m looking at. Are the angry eyes the ones he's wearing? Or is it pictured on the box itself?
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Kyle wrote:I can't make out the angry eyes or lips. Even in the HD version of the video, I cant tell what I m looking at. Are the angry eyes the ones he's wearing? Or is it pictured on the box itself?

Basically, he's packaged with extra angry eyes and an extra frowning mouth, which he isn't wearing, but which are in the box.

Angry eyes:

Image Image

Extra frowning lips:

Image Image

Is that visible enough?
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:13 pm

Ahh, thanks. now I see it. that's cool. It was kinda bugging me actually, seeing him with that happy grin on his face. Its not in his character to be happy and wide eyed, so the frowning mouth and partially open eyes should capture his character a lot more.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby oreo-94 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:49 am

i really cant see myself buying this if its very expensive.. I mean he doesnt seem to offer much more then a regular mr potato head
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:55 am

So, why hasn't he been released yet? Liscensing issues with Playskool, perhaps? If so, why is the product in its finished and packaged stage?

Also, although Mr. Potato Head has been present in all the John Lasseter collection videos, it seems as though he will not have a video devoted to him as the other characters have, and apparently neither will the Bucket O Soldiers:

(From the Disney Store Toy Story Collection webpage)

As you can see, with the RC video already released, the next video is the Aliens, then Buzz, and then something called "Disney Magic"? What's that about?
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:16 am

oreo-94 wrote:i really cant see myself buying this if its very expensive.. I mean he doesnt seem to offer much more then a regular mr potato head

what do you mean? He's electronic/talks, shoots his parts out and does everything a normal potatohead does. If your talking about a lack a selection in parts I guess I can understand that, but he definetly has more than your typical potatohead.

As for why he's not out, your guess is as good as ours right now. But why do you assume there won't be other videoes? Why assume that there won't be more highlights? Obviously thier not all toy story related, which leads me to think the first ones will scroll over or something. I can't see them covering the aluens and not the armymen and Mr potatohead.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:06 pm

Kyle wrote:Why assume that there won't be more highlights? Obviously thier not all toy story related, which leads me to think the first ones will scroll over or something.

Well, they did say on numerous websites that there will be only 7 videos in the series, including the first one where Lasseter introduces all the toys. If this is true, then after the Aliens and Buzz, there's only room for either Mr. Potato Head or the Bucket O Soldiers.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Hi

Postby Toy Story FAN! » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi, do you guy have r.c.? Do you recemend Buzz?[/spoiler]
Toy Story 3 count, Total:7 Theater:7Bluray:0 Other:0

Toy Story FAN!
Shark Bait

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Bad news concerning Rex's jaw articulation, coming from the tenth post on this page:
http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=61141&sid=610ceb1859a399cbf1059b5b1121b3b3&start=45

"Rex and RC arrived today, and despite Rex's mouth not moving, I do like it. Photos to come in like a week. Too much work right now.

And I spoke in great lengths to the folks behind these toys. They mentioned that it was kind of safety issue as well as price issue. Not sure which one was the real culprit (i think price) but I explained that I would prefer the jaw articulation over electronics if it came down to it. They were really passionate about toys themselves so it was great talking to them about it, even if it's too late. They said if the toys do well, they can see what they can do down in conjunction with the new movie to get that jaw articulation back in there."

Too bad, but there is hope for a corrected version in the future.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:26 am

What? that sucks. what happened to the guy who claimed it had a rubber head with articulation? Who would lie about something like that...

Maybe I'll hold off on him in hopes of them releasing a better one before TS3 releases, and buy everyone but him.
Saftey concerns. Image

and I cant wrap my brain around them possibly choosing electronics over accurate articulation. these are meant to be for collectors, am I right? they need to pick one. if your targeting kids, you can sacrifice articulation and accuracy for electronic gimmicks, but dont market these as collector's replicas and turn around and pull this type of thing.

I'm hopeful but doubtful they'll fix it any time soon. I mean, how would they even do it? just quietly sneak it in and not advertise it as a new product? or start up a new line?
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:25 pm

Kyle wrote:What? that sucks. what happened to the guy who claimed it had a rubber head with articulation? Who would lie about something like that...

Yeah, apparently the guy was only going by the Rex video, where the one in the box had his mouth open wider than the one outside the box. But how did the difference in mouths happen in the video?

Maybe I'll hold off on him in hopes of them releasing a better one before TS3 releases, and buy everyone but him.
Saftey concerns. Image

Same here. I'll wait for a more accurate one. If it won't be released, you could always just get the Collection one later.

and I cant wrap my brain around them possibly choosing electronics over accurate articulation. these are meant to be for collectors, am I right? they need to pick one. if your targeting kids, you can sacrifice articulation and accuracy for electronic gimmicks, but dont market these as collector's replicas and turn around and pull this type of thing.

I completely agree.

I'm hopeful but doubtful they'll fix it any time soon. I mean, how would they even do it? just quietly sneak it in and not advertise it as a new product? or start up a new line?

Maybe they'll release a new version within the same line? Variants are not uncommon in the toy world. Besides, the Toy Story Collection seems to be the definitive collection, so I think it's unlikely they'll make another new line for full size, movie-accurate Toy Story toys.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:04 am

New Aliens video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDwZf28KTu8&feature=sub

Buzz will be in the next video. I wonder who'll be after him?
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:42 pm

Kyle wrote:also, does anyone know how to remove paint? as you may have noticed, the paint application is a bit sloppy. for me it was Woody's eyes, the one on the right has the whites too far down. anyone know of a safe way to remove a small slither of it that goes down past his lower eye lid? its really been bugging me. this is something I would have noticed in the store, but I wasn't the one who picked it up.

Kyle, have you attempted removing the paint? My Woody has just a sliver of excess paint around his eye as well, and I'd like some advice on how to remove it...
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:42 pm

Not yet, Im afraid of screwing it up, lol.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Hydrova » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:37 am

I sure hope Mr Potato Head will come out soon! I'm so worried about his availability!
Hydrova
Shark Bait

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story