Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Postby todayigrewup » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:09 pm

Posted up a review of Bo Peep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz1YOROd3nM
I have a youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/todayigrewup
todayigrewup

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Thu May 02, 2019 2:13 am

Thinkway finally updated their website to show of their new products for TS4. Oddly enough, they removed the TSSC Rex, Lotso, Potato Head, RC, and Utility Belt Buzz from their website which further confirms they're no longer going to be producing more figures for them. The fact Dolly, Buttercup, and Pricklepants where never on their hurts their chances of a re-release even more so than the others.
http://www.thinkwaytoys.com/MccOurToysV50.asp?SelectMainCat=1&SelectSubCat=48#sthash.3Sa9vexy.dpbs
Instead, they've only added Bunny, Ducky, and Bo to show off their new lineup. No sign of the rumored Duke Caboom from the Australian website listing. Hopefully these aren't the only toys they plan on making for the line.

Sucks I missed out on Dolly and Buttercup years back and now they're super expensive online. :(
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby booh88 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:35 am

Thinkway's Signature Collection Ducky and Bunny are now available for pre-order in the UK from Smyths Toys. Release date - between June 11th and 18th.

No sign of Signature Collection Bo Peep yet, though I suspect it'll be Smyths that can be relied upon to stock her based on them having the biggest range of Toy Story 4 merchandise in the UK so far.

And since when did these become so expensive?!
booh88
Shark Bait

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Fri May 10, 2019 12:29 am

Yeah, for whatever reason, the TSSC prices spiked here in the US ever since Target became the sole distributor of them.

Speaking of TSSC, recently bought these two:
tssc ducky & bunny.jpg
tssc ducky & bunny.jpg (201.87 KiB) Viewed 2317 times

The promo pictures didn't do them any justice and they scale really well. I like how both the TSSC/non TSSC Bunnies keep the little tag on his head.

Also the Deluxe Talking Bo is on amazon for $50. I'll end up getting her and the JCPenny version of Bo so I can give this one an accurate looking cape and cane. I'm planning on getting both TSSC Bo and this Bo.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby Kyle » Sun May 12, 2019 4:42 am

So I'm thinking I'll look into buying a new buzz sometime between now and when ts4 releases on blu ray. Not only does mine have chipped paint, the wings no longer stay retracted. I guess that's a common issue? How would I fix that if I wanted to? I didn't see a way.

Part of me thinks they'll release a better one right when I do.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby TheComedian » Mon May 13, 2019 1:38 am

Looks like Walmart is getting the TSC Aliens in individual packages. Lucky for me since only one Target near me got them and they’re long gone. Makes them even more expensive of course though.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Toy-Story-4- ... gI6R_D_BwE
TheComedian
Mutant Toy

Postby booh88 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:38 pm

Signature Collection Ducky and Bunny now available on Amazon UK! Mine arrived, they are ginormous! Bigger than I anticipated, which is great as they are expensive. Lovely high quality plush fur and excellent audio quality from the internal speakers. Just waiting for Bo now to appear in England...
booh88
Shark Bait

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Sat May 25, 2019 6:11 pm

I mentioned it on PixarPost but there seems to be somewhat official confirmation that a TSSC Duke Caboom is being made.
Signature Collection Duke Caboom is a fall release and will not be available until Sept 2019 at Target. Please accept our apology for unable to provide any further information.

Regards,

Jennifer Lee

Customer Service

Still no official word on Gabby Gabby but at least this doesn't count out the other new TS4 toys from receiving TSSC treatment.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby booh88 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:27 pm

Caboom!

Here is the first sighting of the Duke Caboom Stunt Set Signature Collection from Thinkway.

First impressions: hmmm... a mixed bag!

Scale-wise at least the bike appears bigger than the 7 inch version currently available, which looks more accurate to the on-screen version. The bike looks the most accurate available with the translucent red flares on the rear exhaust, but it's a shame that the flat silver isn't chrome as it should be. And there are way too many visible screws which detracts from the feel for me, particularly as they are in the wrong places in some instances. (There should be an indent in the upper front side panel for the screw placement for example). Also the kick stand at the front of the bike doesn't look like it can be retracted fully. Whole bike is also slightly wider than should be accurate?

Duke himself is a bit of a disappointment apart from his aforementioned size. The cape doesn't appear to be fabric, mouth isn't correctly sculpted open, he shouldn't have cut joints on his upper thighs, hands are incorrectly sculpted (fingers should not be touching), and (like the bike) screw holes! Screw holes everywhere! The insides of his legs shouldn't have any screw holes present at all, just holes on the insides of both feet. Honestly the only plus I see over the 7 inch version currently available is the size, the double jointed elbows and the presence of red trim around his boots (which, let's face it can be painted on the current version).

Hmm. I'll probably still pick him up but I kinda expected more for what will inevitably be an expensive toy. The box is lovely though, and I like the look of the pump-action launcher.

Thoughts..?
booh88
Shark Bait

Postby todayigrewup » Thu May 30, 2019 7:52 pm

I have a youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/todayigrewup
todayigrewup

Postby Kyle » Fri May 31, 2019 5:38 am

Darn, it looks pretty good, its just a shame its so small. The thinkway one looks better from the waste up, but the lamp version got the dress better, despite not being cloth.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Fri May 31, 2019 9:03 pm

I'm also pretty mixed on the upcoming Duke Caboom. The box and the bike are, imo, the best parts of the set. Even though the lack of the chrome pain on the bike detracts from its accuracy, I'm glad they at least made the thrusters red. The launcher is also cool I guess with the Duke Caboom decals all over it. And now onto the bad...
Duke himself really breaks this whole "deluxe film replica" selling point the toy has. In the US, he's currently slated to be $70 on release which is outrageous for a 7" figure in the same line where Ducky and Bunny, individually, cost less. In addition, his hexagonal hands to grip the stunt cycle is unnecessary considering both Mattel Dukes have hands that are able to hold onto the handlebars seamlessly. The lack of a fabric cape is another glaring omission.

I personally might pick up both the Duke Caboom Stunt cycle along with the Duke and Forky 2 pack from Mattel as a stand in to the closest accurate version of the character we may see atm. Both of those cost close to $30 in comparison to the $70 for the TSC Duke Caboom. If it ever goes on clearance, I'll get the TSC version.

As of right now, Thinkway doesn't have any plans to make a Gabby Gabby doll so it's really anyone's guess who the other two characters will be. There is a rumor that 2 other toys will be launching with Duke in the line around fall 2019.
todayigrewup wrote:https://youtu.be/Vbv3_5P25Bc

I wish the lamp was bigger to scale with the TSC Bo or at least for the sheep to also be removable but it actually looks well done. I might end up picking one up.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby booh88 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Does anyone here have the whiff of a hint of whether or not the Thinkway Signature Collection Bo Peep is going to be for sale in the UK? I don't want to pay hundreds of pounds over the RRP if she's eventually going to appear. We've had Ducky and Bunny, but after trawling the net I see no sign of Bo anywhere?
booh88
Shark Bait

Postby Masolo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:36 am

Hi All,

I am thinking of Selling my Toy Story Collection (excluding the Pop Vinyls along the top) and have no idea what its now worth???

IMG_0273 (1).png
IMG_0273 (1).png (176.21 KiB) Viewed 1334 times

All of them are sealed in box (except Toy Story Collection Woody - he popped out to say howdy when I first got him)

The picture might be a bit small, but I have:
All the Toy Story Collection series, not including the new ones from TS4
1995 Bo Peep
Disney Store Zurg
Thinkway Sparks, Chunk & Twitch
Hawaii Barbie and Ken
Tour Guide Barbie
Thinkway Babyface action figure
Revolutech Buzz, Woody, Jessie
and other small bits and pieces

Any help and advice would be appreciated
Masolo

Postby ToyStoryCollector » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:57 am

Masolo wrote:Hi All,

I am thinking of Selling my Toy Story Collection (excluding the Pop Vinyls along the top) and have no idea what its now worth???

IMG_0273 (1).png

All of them are sealed in box (except Toy Story Collection Woody - he popped out to say howdy when I first got him)

The picture might be a bit small, but I have:
All the Toy Story Collection series, not including the new ones from TS4
1995 Bo Peep
Disney Store Zurg
Thinkway Sparks, Chunk & Twitch
Hawaii Barbie and Ken
Tour Guide Barbie
Thinkway Babyface action figure
Revolutech Buzz, Woody, Jessie
and other small bits and pieces

Any help and advice would be appreciated

i think your best bet would be to piece it out! so jealous of the TSC Belt Buzz and the Epoch Woody, I'd make offers for both but do not have the kind of money you'd get selling elsewhere :) I'd say check eBay sold options for pieces you're not too in the know about, but I think most of these would still be around the range you initially payed for them minus things like Belt Buzz and the Hamm bank. Good luck!!
We toys can see EVERYTHING

ToyStoryCollector
Shark Bait

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story