Pixar Planet

Most excited about?

Talk about Pixar's upcoming features including any other confirmed, unnamed, or rumored projects here until enough discussion has been generated to warrant their own forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Most excited about?

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:43 am

^I am excited for those ones as well! I can't wait to see Stanton return to a Pixar movie, and also see Peterson at the directors chair.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby evspixarfan2012 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Sorry if I had to come earlier than I expected, but I do have a question:

Do you ever get the feeling that their upcoming film about Day of the Dead sounds like a crazy idea? Because I don't know what to expect about it!

What I mean to say is, sometimes they do tend to come up with really crazy ideas, or it may seem at first, but then they do tend to turn it into a really great source of storytelling in the end.

Okay, I'm going back out.

--evspixarfan2012

UPDATE: For some reason, the release dates have been moved. Why?
evspixarfan2012
Master Scarer

Postby Leirin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:41 pm

I think the exact same, which is largely why I'm so excited for it. I've come to find in the recent years that the more bizarre a Pixar film concept sounds the more I end up digging it. I remember, when the teaser for WALL-E showed before Ratatouille, I was so mystified and intrigued that I had to look it up once I got home. I didn't think there'd be any way they could possibly pull it off. But they did!! And then with Up, I didn't even know what to think of the information provided. It was so out there I didn't think it'd be successful. Boom, becomes my favorite movie ever. So I am very much rooting for Mr. Unkrich and the team with the Day of the Dead film :)
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby evspixarfan2012 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Oh my gosh! Toy Story of Terror premiers in less than an hour! I so want to see it!
evspixarfan2012
Master Scarer

Postby mintinthebox » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:13 am

i was real excited about toy story of terror. if it hadnt have come on, ida exploded.
Mcdonalds chicken nuggets have a funny taste. a funnily AWESOME taste. cause mcdonalds is delicious. i like that resteraunt.
mintinthebox
Garbage Boy

Postby Badger » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Part of me is most excited for The Inside Out because the characters we've seen so far look utterly adorable and the general premise sounds wonderful and quirky. It's another one of those really cool, unusual ideas only Pixar could come up with.

But the kid in me would rather see The Good Dinosaur, first. Dinosaaaurs.
Badger
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby evspixarfan2012 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:38 am

Having a year without any new theatrical releases is in no way going to stop me from running my own Pixar film marathons and collecting as much merchandise as I can throughout 2014! (Like I might as well try to make that entire calendar year my peak year for...well, catching up)

And while I'm excited for Inside Out and Finding Dory (Day of the Dead as well), I am still most excited about The Good Dinosaur because, as soon as it comes out, I am still going to write a letter and send it (if Michael Comet is still working there!)

Plus, I can't wait to see the other upcoming titles still unknown at this time (Who knows? Maybe there will be an Incredibles sequel coming out one day--if Brad Bird was interested...and before you know it, we will have Volume 3 coming out for Pixar shorts)
evspixarfan2012
Master Scarer

Postby Leirin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:10 pm

I'm glad you feel that way evspixarfan! :D You're right; 2014 will be a great excuse to rewatch all the Pixar films for me, because I haven't been lately, apart from seeing Brave a few nights ago. Maybe one every month? :)
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby K9Girl » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:37 pm

^ I've been thinking of doing that in 2014. :) Going back and watching all the Pixar movies again before the next one comes out.
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Location: Warning my friends about the free pistachio ice cream

Postby evspixarfan2012 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:30 am

You know, I am most excited about the upcoming Christmas special, Toy Story That Time Forgot. (Isn't that gonna be great?)
evspixarfan2012
Master Scarer

Postby buckmana » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:29 am

Inside Out.

Before that, it was Newt, but since that movie isn't on the release schedule for the forseeable future, I can't count that.

The Good Dinosaur, while I am looking forward to it, just doesn't mean as much to me as Inside Out.

To be honest, there's lots of dinosaur movies, so while Pixar can no doubt do a good job on this one, it'll still be something I've seen several times before.

Like the customer in Ratatouille, I'm the one asking "What do you have that is new?"

Inside Out seems like it'll fit the bill there, as I can't recall any movie that played out in someone's mental landscape with their psychological aspects as characters.
buckmana
Mutant Toy

Postby evspixarfan2012 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:24 am

You know, I'm not really sure whether Inside Out is gonna be rated G or rated PG...who would be the protagonist? The girl, or her emotions? Other than that, really excited about it.

Just like I'm also excited about the upcoming Christmas special--Toy Story related, that is. (Oh me gosh...)
evspixarfan2012
Master Scarer

Postby evspixarfan2012 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:30 pm

Definitely excited for Incredibles 2!
Last edited by evspixarfan2012 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evspixarfan2012
Master Scarer

Postby buckmana » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:37 pm

I'm also extremely interested in the Incredibles 2, as it is my #1 favorite Pixar franchise.

I am wondering though, if the story will pickup where the first movie left off or continue from the expanded chain of events which was featured by the second computer game and the comic series.

It would be so cool to see the Incredibles battling the Unforgivables on the big screen.

To explain who they are, a group of retired supervillians and two new supervillians (under the leadership of Xerek) formed an organization dedicated to bringing the Incredibles down through any means necessary.
They even used the Underminer as a lackey, until Xerek decided he'd outlived his usefulness and possibly killed him (we don't see the death, so it's unknown if he actually died).
buckmana
Mutant Toy

Postby Dillinger » Fri May 02, 2014 9:42 am

I'm really excited about Inside Out and The Incredibles 2. Every new story has something special and it is always nice to see old characters back again after so many years! Can't wait to see both of them, but for now the excitement of artwork and teasers is already enough!
Dillinger
Garbage Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Features