Pixar Planet

Sequels

Talk about Pixar's upcoming features including any other confirmed, unnamed, or rumored projects here until enough discussion has been generated to warrant their own forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:28 pm

CAptain Pan: The way Brad Bird ended the movie, because the story and movie was so great, made the audience beg for another Incredibles movie. TI is the most sequel-worthy out of every Pixar movie.

Semi-sequels have been done. Rise of the Underminer game expands on how the Incredibles and Frozone defeated the Underminer. It is a great way to open a sequel, but not a great idea to center the story on.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Captain Pan » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:21 am

I agree with you TSS... The Incredibles is one of the more sequel worthy of the Pixar movies... But that could be for other reasons than the way in which Brad Bird left it...

It is a Superhero movie...
As Long as a Villain exists, the family remain as a unit and I dare say Spin off opportunities exist for the immediate Incredible Children Dash, Violet and Jack Jack, prequels for Mr I, Elastagirl and Frozone all independant of the family and "Incredibles" Unit with this the franchise can never cease to exist... and of course it would Depend of Iger and Lasseter' position on Sequels/Prequels

its the reason Superman featured on the front pages of Time as he turned 60, and why Sam Rami is taking Marvel's biggest hero for another spin... and Why that even after the Destruction of the franchise with Clooney in the Suit... Nolan picked a Welshman to breathe new life into the BatSuit and gave Heath ledger the role of a lifetime... the role in which he will be eternally remembered.

The Genre allows for Sequels... Its just up to those with Creative Control to Pick wether or not (I hope they do) to continue the Franchise... and then to Chose the perfect story.

Wow that was a bit of a mind explosion... and Should give my position on an Incredibles Sequel... and like many I want one... I've outlined the reasons why it can
Captain Pan
Garbage Boy

Postby nathan » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:52 am

I would love an Incredibles sequel, but just one thing...the kid who did the voice of Dash, don't you think his voice would have dropped? I mean, it'd be pretty weird if they kept the same actor and stayed with the same design...do you get my point?
Toy Story 3 count: 7
Cars 2 count: 1
Brave count: 2
nathan
Garbage Boy

Postby Phileas » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:15 am

nathan - there's plenty of kids that sounds exactly like Spencer Fox. They could make it that Dash is entering high school (Fox is around 14/15, so he'd be able to do the voice as one), and Sarah Vowell could do the voice of a senior-year Violet. Heh.
Follow me & give me a shout on Twitter! @mr_poohbear
Phileas
Chief Operating Officer

Postby LCZlove » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:42 am

I heard that once when Brad Bird finishes "1906", he's gonna work on a TI sequel.

And I agree with Phileas I don't see why they couldn't have Dash enter high school, I mean they are making Andy go to college in the third Toy Story :wink:
Making a signature...
LCZlove

Postby annarborjack » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:17 pm

heard that once when Brad Bird finishes "1906", he's gonna work on a TI sequel.
:shock: O my god:evil:

Editted by TSS: No shouting please.
annarborjack
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:06 pm

LCDlove: I doubt that is true. He might want to explore other ideas before returning to the world of the Incredibles. Sequels for Pixar must be done carefully and right.
The Star Swordsman

Postby WillZMarler » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:03 am

I hope they don't make Toy Story have countless sequels like Shrek us planned to have because I think more of a film can sometimes ruin it. The Incredibles made me think that there would definetely be a sequel, as it ended with a new baddie on the scene, so the last scene would have kinda' been wasted if there isn't a sequel. Monsters Inc. would make a nice sequel, maybe as a TV special showing the 'laugh floor' and how it has turned out. Again though, this may milk the story a bit.

Partly Cloudy will soon be added to the collection!
WillZMarler
Ant

Postby annarborjack » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:15 am

The reason I said o my god :shock: is cause 2012 is 3 years from now, it takes 4 years to make a Pixar movie. Thats a 12 year gap. Isn't that a bit, um, long? I mean, Monsters Inc 2 is a 15 years gap. Thats real long, but anyways, if its 4 years from 2012, that would make it come out in 2016, which is 7 years from now!!!!! Come on, they should do TI 2 and then MI 2. that would be better

*Edited. Please refrain from shouting. Thank you.* -- Mitch
annarborjack
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby pitbulllady » Fri May 01, 2009 12:14 am

annarborjack wrote:The reason I said o my god :shock: is cause 2012 is 3 years from now, it takes 4 years to make a Pixar movie. Thats a 12 year gap. Isn't that a bit, um, long? I mean, Monsters Inc 2 is a 15 years gap. Thats real long, but anyways, if its 4 years from 2012, that would make it come out in 2016, which is 7 years from now!!!!! Come on, they should do TI 2 and then MI 2. that would be better

*Edited. Please refrain from shouting. Thank you.* -- Mitch

Actually, IF(and that is a BIG "If", too)Pixar releases a sequel to Monsters, Inc. in 2013 as the rumors have had it, that will only be a 12-year gap, since the original came out in 2001. Still, though, I see your point; that IS an awfully long time in between the original and the sequel, and many fans of the original will have lost all interest, while younger movie fans will have no clue who those characters are. There have been movie RE-MAKES in which less time transpires between the original and newer version than that. I don't understand why Pixar would push for sequels to their more-recent movies first, while shoving the older ones aside for the time being, especially one that was one of their most financially successful.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady
Garbage Boy

Postby annarborjack » Fri May 01, 2009 9:22 pm

make an Incredbidles 2, now! um, no please?
annarborjack
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby The Star Swordsman » Sat May 02, 2009 10:20 pm

I'm confused annaborjack. do you want a TI sequel?
The Star Swordsman

Postby annarborjack » Sat May 02, 2009 11:32 pm

for some reason I put no instead of now, heh heh :lol:
annarborjack
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby JD » Mon May 04, 2009 10:29 am

No sequel from Pixar please.

Pixar sucks at sequel business. I mean, after TS2, (which was a reasonable 4-year gap) they've been doing their own business and never look at any possibility. Can you imagine how well a Finding Nemo sequel, released 3-4 years after the original would have done? Shrek 2 can't compare.

But DreamWorks is master at timing, they know how to invest in sequels. They choose the most lucrative titles to develop sequels on. Shrek and Madagascar (and now Kung Fu Panda) films have the pace of 3 years each, not too long to be forgotten and enough for them to crank out a story.

What is the gap between TS2 and TS3? 11 years. What is the gap between Cars and its much dreaded sequel? 5 years. If the rumor comes true, what is the gap between MI and MI2? Another 12 years! Business standpoint alone, it's not reasonable for any animated film.

No, no MI2. No sequel from Pixar, ever again, except Cars 3 :twisted: , please.

If John Carter of Mars is successful, they'd better speed up the process, like any series out there, HP, LotR, PotC... not 5 years for a sequel.
JD
Shark Bait

Postby annarborjack » Mon May 04, 2009 10:57 am

dude, Pixar movies take YEARS to make, and Dreamworks rushes with it, while Pixar takes there time. So don't complain about that, please.
annarborjack
AXIOM Crewmember

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Features