Pixar Planet

Up Merchandise

Talk about Pixar's Up here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby karly05 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:59 am

LOL, no, chef, that doesn't annoy me. :) I didn't think it was quite right, and I knew that you or ffdude would know the quote. Hey, I'm the mere "8-timer" here. But once I get that Blu-Ray, look out! :lol:
karly05
Toy Collector

Postby wannabechef91 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:09 am

Heheh...I'll wait for that! :D

Archibald: A really, really, big thank to you by posting this. It's been a long month for me without getting any Pixar merchs.
HARDCORE AWESOMENESS.
wannabechef91
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby pixarkid » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:24 am

Hey guys, I just wanted to share with you all photos of the Kevin plush from the Disney Store. Image

You can find more of those in high res here: http://www.lphinguyen.com/Other/Kevin/9 ... 0622_XVTaA You're welcome to download and share.
I took these photos to demonstrate the use of lighting photos to my photographer friends. If you want to see: http://utdphoto.blogspot.com/2009/09/my ... ostly.html
pixarkid

Postby Sky » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:36 am

Aw, that Kevin plush is so cute!

Have any members in Australia (yes, all two of you) seen any Up merchandise sold here? Usually Toys R Us is the go-to store for Pixar merchandise, like last year with WALL-E, but I went to a TRU and couldn't find anything. All I want is a Dug plush. Mind you, I haven't looked in Target yet for any books, and they usually sell a good range of Pixar books.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby thedriveintheatre » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:51 am

Woah, Charles looks freakin' scary! And cheeky, too! Cool figurines, Archibald!

Rachel: I think there's three if you include Phileas and nathan, but anyway I've seen zilch merchandising so far. I don't go to suburban shopping malls that often (I usually go to the city's more upscale but cramped shopping arcades), and I'm not entirely sure where to find a Toys R' Us branch in Sydney. I usually go the Singapore ones on secret jaunts but by the time I'm vacationing in Singapore, they've removed the Pixar merchandise (since the movie premiered a long time ago). Usually they're full of Cars loot, which although I'm a fan of the movie, I don't support their tie-ins for some reason. :lol:

But yeah, it seems a bit dry this year. My local GU doesn't have redecorated snack bar packaging either (and they've removed the Ice Age 3 one from their drink cups :-(). I think Up is not promoted as heavily as Wall-E and is more like Ratatouille.

pixarkid: I think the Kevin plush has been posted before, but I don't mind a repost! Welcome to the forums, did you get one? Finding Kevin as a toy is as difficult as in real-life, man!
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Sky » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks, thedriveintheatre. But even Ratatouille had a bit of merchandise in the way of figurines and plush toys, at Toys R Us, at least. I'll keep an eye out anyway and if I find any merch in stores, I'll report here. You should try Hoyts if you want Up-branded cups and popcorn boxes. I saw them at the candy bar when I went to see it on my second viewing, but they aren't so much the reusable plastic cups, just paper. It woulda been cool to have gotten an extra gift with the popcorn and drink combo. Something like a chef's hat like they did with Ratatouille, or a drink canister like with Star Trek, or maybe I didn't look at the candy bar close enough to see any special gift so don't take my word for it.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby pixarkid » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:34 pm

"pixarkid: I think the Kevin plush has been posted before, but I don't mind a repost! Welcome to the forums, did you get one? Finding Kevin as a toy is as difficult as in real-life, man!"

I wasn't aware if it was a repost but I don't think so, I should've checked out the other posts. I'm starting to make a frequent return to the forum again after 2 years of inactivity.
I do have one, I ordered it from the online disney store on the last week of August. It has been stated 'not available' ever since.
pixarkid

Postby wannabechef91 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Just got my Up 2010 calendar. Pictures coming. My college is blocking picture sharing sites (yes, including Flickr & Photobucket) with lame excuses. While TwitPic has always in error when uploading image(s). Hence, I'll be posting the pic ASAP. :)

EDIT: Calendar photo(s):

Front cover.

Back cover.

EDIT: Question: Is there any Up sticker book? Anyone?
HARDCORE AWESOMENESS.
wannabechef91
AXIOM Crewmember

My Adventure Book ''Up'' Scrapbook and Postcards Set

Postby guerrestellari » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone did purchase a set of My Adventure Book Scrapbook and postcard set and would like the part with it?

Cos its sold out @ disney store and I really hope to get one.

Anyone who can assist?

Thanks,
Jason
guerrestellari

Postby karly05 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:39 pm

I got my calendar! I really like it - especially since it has info on the various characters on their pages. One thing I noticed, on Kevin's page: [spoil]They say that Kevin is "set free from a trap by Russell," and that's why she is attached to him and follows him and Carl.[/spoil] That's not how it happens in the movie, and I wondered if this was an earlier plot point that was changed.
karly05
Toy Collector

Postby ffdude1906 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:19 pm

I think I recall that karly, and it struck me as odd as well. I guess you could say that [spoil]Russell and Carl kind of drive the pack away with his hearing aid, but I don't think that's what started it. It's all about the chocolate![/spoil]
Image Up Count: T:50 - D+BD:17
ffdude1906
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby karly05 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:45 am

ffdude, that would make a great sig: [spoil]A picture of Kevin with the caption It's all about the chocolate![/spoil]
karly05
Toy Collector

Postby ffdude1906 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:10 am

I made a similar one, thewisecookiesheet was wearing it for a while. One of the better ones I made I think. I do like the other line for it though, hehe

/offtopic

Still need that stinking snowglobe,... so expensive!
Image Up Count: T:50 - D+BD:17
ffdude1906
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Sweet calendar, peeps! Nice to wake up every day to see the poster of the month on your wall...

karly05: That's a great tagline! Maybe you or ffdude can whip it up...

I popped by my local cinema to buy tickets for Surrogates for Gold Class (free upgrade with a certain ice-cream brand in Sydney). Sold out, but I got cheered up when I saw a poster for a snack combo. Popcorn, drinks and a Dug plushie for 13 quid! Hoo-boy! :D Maybe for my next viewing...
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Sky » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:47 am

Thanks thedriveintheatre! I've already been to a GU cinema, darn, but will maybe try to get to one to obtain the coveted Dug plush because that's all I want (and a Grape Soda badge). At Hoyts their deal is a popcorn + drink + inflatable Up ball.

There ARE plushies (Carl, Dug and Russell as far as I could tell) in those toy crane machines, but we all know they are rigged to bang against the top, dropping whatever you've picked up. ಠ_ಠ I will have another check of Toys R Us to see if they stock any plushies there now.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Up