Pixar Planet

Mitch's Compositions

Here is the place to post any of your art work not related to Pixar, be it original or not.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Mitch » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:05 pm

Maggie and Bill - Thank you! ;)

-------------

Meerkat Manor - Kinkajou:

-------------

For more information about this character and her history, please visit my deviantArt page and click on the picture in question.

As a side note, I really had alot of fun drawing this character. ;)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby lizardgirl » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:40 pm

Aww, very sweet! I love the shading and her little whiskers. She has a sort of displeased look about her face, like she's twitching her nose at something. :D
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Mitch » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:06 pm

lizardgirl - Thank you! :D

Yes, she has a thing against her half-sister, Mozart; killed her pups and claimed her spot as top female, she did. Despite her notorious nature and cunning personality, however, she seems to be a very reliable asset in her clan as far as leadership goes.

I'm not if you folks in England receive the Animal Planet channel, but if you do...you should check out the show (Meerkat Manor). It's really quite intriguing. ;)

--- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Bill » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:14 pm

What have you got next for us, Mitch ? Anything good?
Bill
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Mitch » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:08 pm

Bill - Next on the list is a sketchy collage of one of my favorite characters from the worst Disney film on earth, The Black Cauldron. I decided not to hold it off any longer and just went ahead and drew a few of the dude's poses. You'll see who I'm talking about later on.... ;)

If you go back a page, you will also notice, at the bottom of the page, a drawing of a meerkat I did.

-- Mitch
Last edited by Mitch on Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:29 am

Can't wait to see your next new ones Mitch!
The Star Swordsman

Postby Bill » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:31 am

Mitch - Oh, I know who you're talking about..... :lol: Can't wait to see the drawing of Gurgi.
Bill

Postby Mell_O_Drama » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:43 pm

Mitch wrote:Bill - Next on the list is a sketchy collage of one of my favorite characters from the worst Disney film on earth, The Black Cauldron.

Haha, am I the only one who actually liked The Black Cauldron? I think the witches in it are hilarious! XD Can't wait to see who you draw, Mitch!
Mell_O_Drama
Retired Tech & Design Admin

Postby lizardgirl » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:06 pm

Mitch- Oh, I think Meerkat Manor was on one of the main channels for a while, BBC or Channel 4 or something. I watched a bit of it when it was on, but now it's moved to Animal Planet, I can't be bothered. :lol: Looking forward to your next piece of art!
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Mitch » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:28 pm

The Star Swordsman - Thank you! ;)

Bill - How the heck did you know that?! :P Oh well. Thanks anyway! :lol:

Mell O Drama (alias Mell Mussolini, alias Mell Città Tito Sant'Angelo, alias Casanova) - Haha. I actually have kind of a "love-hate" relationship with The Black Cauldron. I absolutely despise the film itself, but I rather favor the character designs. Not to mention, Gurgi is probably the most darling Disney character ever created (in my opinion -- heheh). ;)

My dad worked on it, actually. He animated the part where Henwin is attempting to escape from the dragons. Look for his name in the credits. (snigger)

Thanks, dude! :mrgreen:

lizardgirl - Haha! :lol:

Thank you!

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:17 am

So welcome Mitch!
The Star Swordsman

Postby Mitch » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:22 am

Vim 'I collect spores, moulds and fungus' Fuego - Thank you! And aww -- you don't get Animal Planet? That sucks, dude. :cry:

------------------

Great balls of flaming cheese burgers from the planet Pluto, I'm tired.... I swear, if this hadn't taken me so long I might have had some pep left to explain all the details, even though there are no details. (snigger)

Badda-bing:

Fact: I hate drawing his hair. Hate...it. For some odd reason, I have a harder time drawing hair than hands. Figure that one out....

Taking that forlorn statement into account, we may as well look at the plus side, which is this: I had alot of fun drawing the dude and I am extremely proud of how the middle sketch turned out. No, I'm not being vain; it's just the first time I've been able to draw Gurgi on model. The freaking fuzzball is a pain in the butt to get right as far as proportions go, even though his general anatomy is right up my alley. Heh....

A big thanks goes to www.magicalscreencaps.com for the movie stills I used as reference.

My apologies in that the image itself is rather..."mistreated". I love character sheets and like to treat them with respect, and so I did my best to clean up the picture in Photoshop; however, I had a heck of a time doing it. The entire composition itself took approxiamately 3-4 hours to complete and, as such, I was just too tired to figure out how to blend in certain parts in the drawing.

Wow. There were details...and I explained them all. Go figure. :P

Welp, enjoy it, in any case. :D

-- Mitch

P.S./Edit: Please keep in mind that Gurgi's color palette in this particular drawing is not entirely accurate. I did my best to create/find Photoshop colors that would match his true tones, but a good percentage of the colors chosen are a little "off the mark".
Last edited by Mitch on Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:27 am

Gurgi looks really nice! I don;t see why you hat it so much. It is really good. THe hair was drawn nicely.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Mitch » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:51 am

The Star Swordsman - Ha! My mom said the same thing. She said something like, "It looks fine!" (snigger)

I'm very critical of my drawings, which I shouldn't be. I have to get out of that phase. :P

Thank you for the comment, dude! ;)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:00 am

Totally welcome!
The Star Swordsman

Next

Return to Non-Pixar Art