Pixar Planet

Toy Story 3 Critical Reviews

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Toy Story 3 Critical Reviews

Postby ilovef4g1ts » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:19 pm

In my opinion i think Toy Story 3 was an excellent movee. It made me think that they should make a 4th one but i highly doubt that they will.]
"Look, I'm Woody! Howdy, howdy, howdy!"
ilovef4g1ts
Ant

Postby Reaper052 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:24 pm

ilovef4g1ts wrote:In my opinion i think Toy Story 3 was an excellent movee. It made me think that they should make a 4th one but i highly doubt that they will.]

This is in the wrong thread. This thread is for reviews by actual film critics. Your personal reviews of the movie should go here. http://www.pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6402
"A man walks into a bar. Except it was a metal bar, like a pole. So he got hurt."
Reaper052
Toy Collector

Postby krissgale » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:52 am

Nice Thread about Toy story review. I love all movies and have review all three movies, when i had heard about their telecast. But here i also would like to say thanks for providing good sources to have a review of Toy story movies.
krissgale
Ant

Postby leeyn » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:53 am

I love Toy Story 3 :D :D
leeyn

Postby Sandycohen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:38 pm

its better in all !
Sandycohen
Ant

Postby Dinoco » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Gonna bump this one after three years. Lee Unkrich retweeted this little nugget:
http://cine-file.info/list-archive/2014/JUN-14-2.html
(scroll down to Toy Story 3)
To presume ignorance of TOY STORY 3 is to effectively admit that you hate classical Hollywood cinema: unfettered by any coherent and/or crude ideological ambition, this film is a legitimately relentless puree of stereotyped genres, and a rarity in that it only gets better with the more old movies you've seen; in fact, it's quite possible that it's a total bore for those who are actually in kindergarten. Lifting discursive patterns, gestures, soundtrack cues, and other mise-en-scène from a wide variety of narrative classics, at its high midpoint TOY STORY 3 can be comically shifting from mimicking melodrama, Westerns, prison dramas, capers, gothic horror, and even Mexican 1940s caballero films over the course of just a few minutes. This disturbingly informed and reflexive scriptwriting is, however, likely conceptually overshadowed by Pixar's flashy surface role as both the apotheosis of engineering in aesthetic manufacture and as a fully-formed NorCal simulacral apparatus of SoCal cinematic production: a 218,000 square-foot involute eye, a 1.5- megawatt shrine to the optics of the camera lens. Perhaps the intermittent, clever noir homages in the screenplay are of secondary interest to the likely fact that multiple PhDs slaved away for a year to produce a relatively photorealistic black garbage bag for a single onscreen sequence. And perhaps that significant history-of- technology datum should be in turn dismissed, with a consideration of the studio's typically dreary heteronormative politics (for a company based in the East Bay, the repeated homophobic reaction shots to the antics of Mattel's metrosexualized Ken (Michael Keaton) are specifically reprehensible); the inescapable reproduction of globalized commodity fetishism underlying the trilogy's very premise; and of the remarkable inaccessibility to humanity which necessarily pervades any endeavor constructed primarily by hundreds of unrefined CGI savants who have seem to have never grown out of the idea that STAR WARS is a fundamental cornerstone of civilization. That is to say: a movie ostensibly about growing up and leaving your toys behind, produced by an assembly line of grown men with toys adorning every corner of their cubes. (2010, 103 min, 35mm

Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby mintinthebox » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:50 pm

HA!
:D 8D
Mcdonalds chicken nuggets have a funny taste. a funnily AWESOME taste. cause mcdonalds is delicious. i like that resteraunt.
mintinthebox
Garbage Boy

Postby Milcah » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:06 am

Discord servers also has several text chat channels as well as personal messages between users. This is great when you can not or do not want to use voice communication channels to chat.
Milcah

Previous

Return to Toy Story