Pixar Planet

Pizza Planet Truck Location?

Talk about Pixar's The Incredibles here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Mitch » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:52 am

Archibald and Rachel - Yeah, you guys are probably right. That object in the background is quite diminutive... and too blurry to qualify for confirmation. If The Incredibles does become availabe for purchase on Blu-Ray, though, then we should definitely scan it for any trace of that elusive truck.

Archibald wrote:That's the first thing I'd ask if I ever meet him ! No introduction, no politeness ! We're talking about the Pizza Planet truck here ! This is serious !

Ha-ha! :mrgreen:

rachelcakes1985 wrote:Maybe you (Mitch), TSS and I (and anyone else) could commit to going through the movie in certain blocks looking for it very closely. Then it won't be such a daunting task.

Hey, that's an idea. Perhaps one of us could send TheStarSwordsman a private message on the matter, see what he thinks of it, and then, if possible, we can sort out what individual scenes to look in.

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:18 am

Mitch: I saw the screencap where you thought the PP truck would be. I have to say that I do not see the truck. It doesn't look like it at all. I think the rocket you thought you saw probably is just the top of a lamppost.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Mitch » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:25 am

The Star Swordsman - Dude, a lamp post! I never thought of that. Oh well. I thought that I would share the screen cap with you guys anyway, just to get your opinions on the matter. ;)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:40 am

Plus, if it was the Pizza Planet there would probably be a yellow spot under the gray dot.
The Star Swordsman

Postby rachelcakes1985 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:38 pm

Well, if people wanted to put dibs on a certain chunk of the movie to painstakingly (ugh!) go through it to look for the PP truck, I'll do the part from the very beginning of the film until the end of the newspaper scene (just before the stamp in Mr. Incredible's cubicle.) Hopefully I'll find time to do it within a month or so...
rachelcakes1985
Pixar Planet Moderator

finally that problem of the pizza planet truck is solved...

Postby james&pixar » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:07 am

hi everyone, and yes how u listened, the truck is finally found, but first check this out:

Given that Brad was something of an outsider when he first arrived in Emeryville, he didn't automatically buy into all of Pixar's oddball traditions. Which is why -- when it came time to insert that obligatory Pizza Planet truck cameo into his picture -- Bird made it part of the Parrs' high speed return to the city aboard that badly battered RV . Which is why all you really get to see of the Pizza Planet truck in "The Incredibles" is a pale blur.

guys, that's the reason and the little proves that unfortunately are

bye
Imagination, Creation, Animation
The Pixar Definition...
james&pixar
Ant

Postby martini833 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:58 pm

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I have gotten confirmation from a Brain Trust member that the Pizza Planet Truck is NOT in The Incredibles.
I did send him a suggestion to add it into the Blu-ray, like they added the toque on Remy in Ratatouille. But yeah, for now, there is NO Pizza Planet truck in TI, in every other Pixar movie, Up and Toy Story 3 included, yes, but not The Incredibles.
I really thought the truck would be there, but the fact is, it's not.
I'm sorry that all these years we spent our time looking for it and now there's nothing, but at least there's hope that Brad Bird will add it!
Sorry guys!
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

Postby rachelcakes1985 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:49 am

What a BUMMER! That's such a shame for Brad to break tradition... But at least we now know and we can stop wasting our time looking for something that isn't there. It would be cool for them to add it in for the Blu-Ray release.
rachelcakes1985
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:38 am

Awww man. THat bites. Oh wel, It was fun while it lasted looking for it.
The Star Swordsman

Postby lizardgirl » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:22 pm

That's a shame! The Pizza Planet Truck is one of my favourite Pixar traditions! But yeah, at least we know now for sure that it isn't there.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Al-Bob » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:26 pm

Aw man, one of the greatest traditions of pixar gone...forever.
Al-Bob
Master Scarer

Postby Luke » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:48 pm

They better add it in the blu-ray. :D Long live to the Truck!
Luke
Garbage Boy

Postby The Star Swordsman » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Luke wrote:They better add it in the blu-ray. :D Long live to the Truck!
It is a possibility Luke. I would think it would be cool if they did.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Rey » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:21 pm

I was lead to believe that the Pizza Planet delivery truck has appeared in every Pixar movie. This article was posted October 30, 2006.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/chr ... y_id=10391

Listen or download the audio 8:45 min : 7.39MB and go to 4:35 into the audio. I’m confused. :?
http://cdn.sfgate.com/blogs/sounds/sfga ... 061030.mp3
Rey
Garbage Boy

Postby martini833 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:01 pm

We were all lead to believe that the truck was in EVERY movie, but nobody's perfect and blunders like that happen. Nowadays in Pixar trivia (found on sites like Disney Movie Rewards and promotional material for WALL•E for example) it says almost every movie. But don't take it from me, I heard this straight from a member of the Pixar Brain Tust who said it was NOT there. You do with that what you want.
I'm not going to reveal any quotes or names because of confidentiality and privacy reasons, you're just going to have to take my word for it.
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

PreviousNext

Return to The Incredibles