Armond White - worst critic EVER!

Now that I’ve finally cooled down since my initial outrage, I’d like to make one final statement on the matter, and hopefully in a more positive light. First, I’d like to say the only problem with Toy Story 3 is that it’s new. Back then, at about the time of the first Toy Story, I’d assume there was a higher standard for movie reviews, since it was basically limited to newspapers and TV before the internet. Sadly, the internet gave rise to Armond. He is just a bully basically. His goal is to just bring people down, and slander something as pure and innocent as Toy Story. But it just dawned on me that he ultimately failed. His little plan backfired, as the public was not as gullible as he thought (you should have seen the news articles slamming this guy after his Toy Story 3 stunt). Toy Story 3 may have a lower rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but that’s irrelevant now. The only lasting result is that Armond White, as well as Rotten Tomatoes have damaged their reputations (I smell the downfall of Rotten Tomatoes in the not-so-distant future).

See said Dinoco. Im sure he will give Twilight 3 a good review and will give Harry Potter 7 part 1 a bad review.

sighs Sometimes listening to others can lead to a world of delusion…of course the world is like that to began with, so many people living within their own fantasies, not believing that bad things happen, not believing in things such as depression, not believing in the darkness that we all harbor but so many of us fear although I don’t fear it, I love it personally…I see no point in people getting mad about one person’s opinion, we all have them, let’s just leave it at that…oh and by the way, :imp: I happen to like Twilight, wondering what this comment is supposed to mean…

Armond gave Grown Ups a fresh rating. He obviously just rates movies out of spite.

As for that twilight comment, I think you know exactly what he means…

I found another example that I can’t stand: Lord of the Rings Trilogy<Clash of the Titans…

sigh

Sorry Princess Darkness. Im a guy, and most guys don’t like it not including emos.

It is an opinion but it’s suppose to be a review. All he talks about how it celebrates consumerism and doesn’t talk about the movie. There is a reason to get mad.

Okay, let’s not argue about Twilight, it’s irrelevant and not worth it. And yes, HP is better than Twilight.

Actually, i like Twilight and HP. But Twilight is 10% better than HP. Also, Edward can kick HP’s butt any day of the month. Um… I mean… Team Edward!

Bah Twilight. Toy Story has more brains in it’s credits than that entire series.

The biggest surprise here is not the fact he has poor taste for movies, but that he’s still employed.

Seriously… :unamused:

I agree. Armond White is a complete and utter joke of a film critic, and has the WORST taste in films I’ve ever seen. I also saw this video of him “reviewing” Citizen Kane. Hilarious:

youtube.com/watch?v=vjYhk36zt9Y

I don’t know if this guy is serious in his reviews or not, but he must be destroyed immediately. Thanks to him, Toy Story 3 isn’t a 100% perfect trilogy.

He should do the film industry a favour and stop writing film reviews. His horrible taste in films makes me want to throw up.

I know!! I think he’s Satan in a costume.

Jurasstic1993parks to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=PGyCZJNP … re=related

I’ve seen it. Hilarious. I certainly hope Armond himself sees it.

How did he fit that many profanities into 47 seconds? 8D

Well, it seems Armond White isn’t the only one to bash Toy Story 3. Everyone, meet Cole Smithey, the “Smartest Film Critic in the World”:

colesmithey.com/capsules/201 … ory-3.html

Or at least that’s what he thinks he is. If he really was the “Smartest Film Critic in the World”, he’d know Toy Story 3 was a fitting end to the series and one of the best films this year. Yeah, he’s nowhere near as bad as Armond White, but still dumb for bashing this film.

Honestly, I agree with that Cole guy on some things. I can agree that Mrs. Davis is one of the worst mothers in animated films, and that Toy Story 2 was a lot better. I liked the third one, and he’s overreacting, but I agree with some of his comments.

All I have to say is, Armond White makes me extremely angry. Toy Story 3 was perfect, and he had to ruin it for us. His reign of terror needs to stop. Now.

I’m gonna bring up a few points from Ebert’s post about Armound White and District 9.

Can we really say he has poor taste in movies?

Sure, he usually loves movies that no one has heard of. Is that a reason to hate him? Obviously, these unknown films stuck out to White. We all have a right to opinion. Why are we mad about his taste in films?

And yes, he loves movies that were horrible, like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - I admit, as a Transformer fan I think it sucked somewhat - but obviously he got Michael Bay’s “message” - Bay wasn’t making a movie for critics to love for it’s deep plot or story arcs like Toy Story or Dark Knight. Bay says he makes these movies to entertain people for a few hours. Armound White obviously got that, and that’s what made the film good to him.

Yes, I am angry he and some other minor critics bashed Toy Story 3, particularly when White claimed Hamn was a villain. But who cares? One bad apple among the bunch isn’t going to ruin the bunch. White didn’t like the movie, but ever other person on Planet Earth did. We all know it was a perfect movie.

Sure, yeah, we don’t have 100% on RT, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is we saw a great, fantastic and touching movie, and word of mouth from us all helped make it a huge billion dollar success.

That’s what really matters - it doesn’t matter if we get awards at the Oscars, 100% on RT, or even a billion dollars - we saw the greatest movie ever this summer, and enjoyed it.

But the inevitable Best Animated Picture award, billion dollars in revenue, and 99% on RT are a nice touch.