Cars 2- First Official Trailer.

Sorry, my bad.

Knowing my luck, somebody else probably posted this before me.

But has anyone noticed in the Cars 2 poster, the one of the world, that Mater and Lightinig are in in the continents?

I think it’s a nice touch. In the Brave logo there was teh Queen and Merida, and now in the Cars 2 poster, Mater and Lighting have a cameo!

I didn’t even notice it, my friend did when we were at the movie theaters!

Yes! And there’s a third car (probably Finn) around the Caribbean area.

I didn’t even look there! I shall do that.

I don’t see that at all. Can someone circle them?

Look, there’s not just Mater, McQueen and Finn, I also discovered today what I think are Professor Zundapp and the F1 car from the concept arts:

Open the image on another window to look the details:

That blew my mind! Would that happen to me Mator (The UFO) on the east coast of South America?

Oh, no! I want the sequel to be more emotional than the original, but not as emotional as say Up or TS3. :slight_smile:

Thank you for uploading that Spirit! I only saw 2/5 at cinemas!

/Watches trailer again.

Minor continuity gripe: How on earth did Mater ‘save’ Radiator Springs and be the hero of that small town in the original? To be fair, it was partially his friendship with Lightening which helped turn things around, but so did the romance with Sally as well as the more minor relationships Lightening formed with others. I don’t think it’s entirely accurate to say ‘Two unlikely friends saved Radiator Springs’.

(Exceedingly nitpicky and specific and possibly wrong) world building concern: Why does it look like they have human furniture in some of the shots? (Granted this could just be the angles we’re looking at them from)

And others, which while more Car user friendly simply look useless and have no point to them? (Behind the British spy at 0:35… what would be the point? It doesn’t look like something you’d derive much comfort from…unless it’s just a weird decoration so they look pretty when they park? Or forget to put on brakes if they’re idiots or the room is on a slope in bad building cases? Wait could that be about earthquakes or something? IDK. But it doesn’t look particulary practical or sturdy to me).

Granted it isn’t quite as bad as having tractors as domesticated creatures like cows in the first movie but still. (I can see them running wild and free but it seems pointless for someone to go into the effort of domesticating them when biofuels are not a dominant source of fuel in their world. Unless they’re pets. Really dumb pets.).

I kind of wish they let Stanton proof read the details of this movie or something when it comes to world building. This one and in the case of Monsters Inc and its sequel (because while more fascinating that way, Docter certainly inferred thing in his movie he didn’t mean to at all. But it’s there whether he likes it or not. It can still WORK… but it’s just not all that nice of a world even in the end, which he certainly wasn’t going for at all.). I love world building, and it was really Pixar which got me more interested in that sort of thing, as well as Harry Potter and A:TLA, but mistakes kind of more inspired me in the former twos cases, if I’m honest. Because sometimes those mistakes are unintentionally something quite interesting in any case. How to run with what is still canon and works within those boundaries, even if the creators did not intend it to be taken that way is fascinating.

Granted, I wonder what amusing things fandom and fanfic can do to explain such possible ‘mistakes’ (if in the case of human/usless furniture, though we’ll probably have to wait until the movie until that is more clear or for definate even in the terms of my own anal griping, after all I could be wrong here)… I have seen people make jokes to the effect of the Cars world before- saying it looks like Cars used to have humans, which made sentient cars, and then said Cars took over in some rebellion and killed them all, however forgetting this part of their history, instead imitating our lifestyle, since that was all they knew. (Which amuses me in a morbid sort of way. Don’t ask. :laughing: ). Still the idea of them being natural organic beings in an exact mirror universe which evolved would make sense in some cases regarding their origins. Even if some things still don’t to me and there’s still complications- if the idea of alternate universes are infinite… I guess it’s possible if unlikely.

Yeah, just random gripping/weirdness/going off in a tangent/what have you, just ignore me. Still seeing this movie, to see what it’s like in any case. Should see what it’s like. Plus as mentioned earlier, Mater seems more endearing in this to me than in the original.

Plus, when it comes out on DVD, I’ll almost definitly have a certain family members present sorted (whether birthday or Christmas depending)-since he loved the first movie so much and he’s bound to love this one. :slight_smile:

^ Minor continuity gripe: Well, Mater was a catalyzing character for McQueen’s transformation in the first one, so he saved it indirectly. Anyway, I still think that opening narration is kind of cheesy, and I really prefer the international version of the trailer, which doesn’t features it, but a presentation of the previous Pixar movies.

(Exceedingly nitpicky and specific and possibly wrong) world building concern: I agree. The world of Cars just doesn’t seems as plausible and well created as others, which is one of the main reasons I don’t like it as much as the rest of the Pixar movies. But I don’t think it’s an universe made to be taken seriously, so I’m ok with it as long as the story is satisfying.

Yeah, the world was mostly my gripe with the first movie- while I still liked the story and the main character arc at its core and Doc too of course. Lightenings character development and potential is probably over so it makes sense that they’d probably use Mater, who still has potential to develop, grow up and learn.

(And I’m just relieved he seems more endearing and interesting in this, even if I’m still pretty unsure about the spy elements of this movie fitting it- I think it would more fit the Incredibles… or even M.I., in all honesty).

But I’m going to give it a chance anyhow.

Yeah,Mater didn’t do blank!Ok this is seriously screwed up… :imp:Lightning put the freakin town back on the map NOT Mater…What irratates me the most is that some people act like Mater deserves the attention he’s getting!He DOSEN’T!!!Steam Blows out of ears :imp: :imp:!Mater Helped but he wasn’t a big part of it,ok?

It was Lightning which put the town on the map in the end, but really it was the sum of all the relationships Lightning made which had an indirect stake and part in saving the town. Mater’s influence, while one of the more important ones he made wasn’t the only one (as well as Sally, and Doc was also very important which caused Lightning to have his ‘Moment of Awesome’ when he helped ‘The King’).

Mater is arguably, one of the more important members within the town in these terms (along with Sally and Doc) but it was really indirect in the end rather than direct in terms of ‘saving’ the town. If we are including indirect influences which helped Lightning to come to care and bring him down to earth, it’s odd to reserve that to simply these two characters. They all had a part to play. Or if we’re talking amount of influence it’s technically fair to say FOUR characters saved the town. If we’re getting nitpicky here and including only the most important indirect influences.

Though I wouldn’t go as far to say Mater doesn’t deserve attention at all really. It remains to be said how he’ll fair as a main character- he’s not perfect and he kind of bugs me at points in the first movie. But in this movie, this could be is opportunity to grow and develop as a character in some form.

While that may be true look at Toy Story…Woody’s always the one who sort of brings the gang back to their senses…even Buzz…Woody’s the Leader…it would be ridiculous to put Buzz in Woody’s postion…just like It’s terribly wrong to put Mater as the main character…and then on top of that push other characters out of the why as if they didn’t exist,and then further make it seem like he’s the big hero…which he’s far from… :-\

He may not be the hero of the last movie, but as mentalguru says, it remains to be seen if he’ll be a good protagonist in the next one or not.

Let’s see the movie first, people.

Awww, I think Mater’s a hero in his own nice way, you don’t have to do big things to be a hero! That’s a moral for so many movies, lol.

I’m trying not to jump to conclusions…but my patience is wearing thin…really… :confused: Sorry I’m just a really snappy and impatient person…

I actually think this will be one of the main morals of this movie, e-j-e!

That’s the case with most mistaken identity movies.

I found Luigi and Guido in the trailer!!