Do people know you have an account on Pixar Planet?

But it is quite a lot of work to read every single person’s post on there just to find that out. Being able to represent ourselves more clearly would be better. As long as we don’t ask for someone else’s personal information, we’re not hurting anyone.

I think she means why it isn’t by are avatar and stuff.

Yes, I know, but in the meantime, that can help her.

I don’t think anyone knows, but my brother might know, because I get on here every-time I go over to his house, and his computer is like, right in the living room, so it’s like no privacy. lol

Both my dad and one of my younger brothers know. Plus several of my closest online friends from another website know too. A couple of them are big Pixar fans too, so I’m gonna see if they’ll join.

My sister, friends, youth group leader, and a co worker know. I have nothing to hide! :smiling_imp:

Nah, my family and some of my friends know I go on fandom online but they don’t know my username at all or where I specifically go to in terms of sites.

Mainly because I started fandom after I left for uni in general anyway. Before that, a few years before that anyway, neopets was my addiction.

My close friends know that I have some what of a pixar movie obsession but they don’t know about this place (yet anyway). My parents have no idea and even if they did they’d probably just tell me I need to grow up 8D

I should get some of my friends to join.

Wait, is being on here like, bad or something? I was unaware of this. :astonished: I’m pretty all you people I meet here are way cooler than the people I meet in real life. :stuck_out_tongue:

If I had a few friends that were fans of Pixar like I am, then maybe I could get them to join.

Same here. Everyone thinks it’s lam that I go on here, but I prefer you guys, so I don’t care.

When my friends find out that I have a PP account, they have a little laugh and move on. It doesn’t change anything between us.

lol, no it’t not bad! Sometimes my brother’s give me a hard time about it, so I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had that. But my friends don’t care :smiley: I even got my cousin to join! So I know one PP member in real life :smiley:

I don’t care what people think of me having this account, it makes me happy and that’s all that matters.

Well sure. Its nothing to hide. I think a lot of people have ‘internet friends’ these days. That’s nothing to feel embarrassed about. Plus the friends I have are the kind who would have ‘internet friends’ of their own, so its not like they wouldnt understand that.

Some internet friends you become close enough that you become real friends.

I consider all you guys real friends. I mean, I don’t hide that I have an account, I flaunt it! :smiley: I love having here to come home to. I even got my cousin to join I talk about PP so much! It’s just my brothers. And sometimes my friends are even like jokingly, “Online with your Pixar people?” And they’re kidding, and I defend y’all about being my friends too. It just gets a little grating. I don’t care what they think, I’m never leaving here.

You guys are all my real friends! You’re not robots or anything! I think of you outside Pixar Planet. I’ll see something, and think ‘Oh, blah-blah would like that!’. That sounds kind of creepy, but it’s not!

Short answer - no. I have come pretty close when my parents snoop around and ask why I’m typing on the computer. We even had a few arguments - they think I’m spending too much time here, but I point out I get good grades and I mix with people in RL, I only spend an hour or so daily here, which is what people do when they have a hobby or watch TV. But my old folks, being of the ‘computer-illiterate’ generation, can never grasp the concept of having friends you never see face-to-face.

Which is really quite strange. I have never seen any of you in-person, but sometimes I feel you know more about me than my real friends I do. Whether it’s the anonymity of the computer screen or the ability to adopt a different persona than ones we’re capable of in real-life, I don’t know. But we are more revealing and honest with the people we don’t meet, ironically.

And like EJE, I find myself thinking of members when I see something they might like or enjoy. So in a way, you guys exist in my life even outside the forums! I really hope a Pixar Planet Convention will come to fruition one day, I’ve only met one of you in real-life.