Favorite Movie

It’s nice how i brought that genre thing out to this thread, so no one wouldn’t have to ponder for years on their absolutely most favorite movie!

some others to add:

Movie-with-strong-language: Boondock Saint’s 2: All Saints Day
Plotline: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Horror Comedy: Scary Movie 2
Horror: I don’t usually like horror.
Drama: Watchmen
Series: The Matrix
Pixar: Wall-E
Dreamworks: Shrek
Disney: Bolt
Stoner Comedy: Pineapple Express (maybe Paul if i get a chance to see it)
Movie TV Series: Mystery Science Theater 3000

Well… I first read about it in The Pixar Touch (and I highly recommend any Pixar fan to check this book out if you haven’t, it’s an interesting insight into the studio’s history and its business model).

Anyway, you can read about it in this meeting minute, the fourth paragraph under the heading ‘John Lasseter’.

Or you can hear the man tell it himself at this link, under the video ‘What is John Lasseter’s favorite joke that he liked to tell when he was a tour guide on the Jungle Cruise in Disneyland?’.

:wink:

now I’ll choose random films that are coming to my mind at this moment, they are not my definetely list, but most of them are close to be, I will write 2 films in each cathegory:

there I go:

Comedy: Home Alone 2, Ms Doubtfire
Romance: Wall-E, Ghost
Sci-Fi: Star Wars III Revenge Of The Sith, TRON Legacy
Fantasy: Inception, Pirates Of The Caribbean The Curse Of The Black Pearl
Drama: Black Swan, No Country For Old Man
Action: Speed, Face Off
Adventure: Up, The Lord o f the Rings Return of The King
Superhero: The Dark Knight, The Incredibles
Anime:Pokémon 4Ever, Pokémon 2000
Japanese Hand Drawn: Spirit Away, Princess Mononoke
Aliens: District 9, Blade Runner
Classic: Toy Story, Terminator 2
Cult Movies: Star Wars V, Mad Max II
Western: Rango, True Grit
Talking Animal Film: Ratatouille, Chicken Run
Historical Sci-Fi: The Lord Of The Rings TTT, Jurassic Park
Horror: The Ring, Chucky
Kids: Cars, Toy Story 2
Family Film: Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3
Time Traveler Film: Deja Vu, Harry Potter 3
Dark: Fight Club, Seven
Suspense: The Sixth Sense, The Others
Tear-Jerking: Toy Story 3, The Lion King
Documentary: Man On Wire, Galapagos
Monsters Film: Monsters Inc, King Kong (2005)
Movie musical: Tangled, Moulin Rouge
Foregin: The Secret in Their Eyes, y Tu Mama También
Sports: Cindirella Man, Rocky IV
Spy: True Lies, and soon CARS 2
Overrated: Avatar, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Underrated: A Bug’s Life, Ga’Hoole
Animation Hand Drawn: Dumbo, The Beauty and The Beast
Animation CGI: PIXAR Films: Wall-E, ???

PS: I am creating my all time top 50 favorite films, which I will post soon (I guess and hope)

thedriveintheatre: I remember now! I have The Pixar Touch, but I haven’t read it for a while, I’ll give it a reread! Got to love Jungle Cruise jokes!

Favorite movies? Eh, I can’t judge 'em in categories.

My faves consist of purely animation and are just How To Train Your Dragon, Legend of the Guardians; The Owls of Ga’Hoole, Up, Bambi, and Donkey Kong Country: Legend of the Crystal Coconut.

…what, don’t look at me like that! Once a fangirl, always a fangirl.

Are Disney and Dreamworks actually genres? 8D That’s cool…

Leirin and TDIT, I love your lists!

And if Brad Bird actually saw “animation” as a genre, he’d go ape-ballistic! 8D
Thanks for reading my list, IV!

Oh my god, I remember watching Legend of the Crystal Coconut as a kid with my siblings! We watched it so many times! Probably dated computer graphics by now, but I have a hankering to revisit it. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I read it about three-four years ago, so it’s also been awhile for me too. It’s largely how I got to know the less-famous Pixarians and the whole historical rivalry between Dreamworks and Pixar in a largely unbiased context.

Oh, HtTYD is one of my top fantasies. But I agree, animation shouldn’t be listed. And neither should Disney or DW.

Yeah. If the entire list were studio-based, it’d make more sense, but going only by genre makes it confusing to suddenly throw in DW and Disney.

Exactly. That’s like saying my favorite Warner Brothers movie and my favorite illumination movie…it’s dumb. Then you’d have to say every studio out there, and that’s probably going to take hours.

Hmm, but I wouldn’t mind seeing somebody try. 8D

Leirin: Is that a challenge? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, if you’re actually willing to. :laughing:

That would be neat…Anyway, if anyone cares, my favorite live action musicals are Enchanted, White Christmas, My Fair Lady, and Singin’ In The Rain. I thought Hairspray was good, and I liked the message, but I don’t like either of the movies. I dislike the songs, the whole crossdressing deal, and I didn’t care for Tracy. I wasn’t annoyed, but I found it hard to care for her.

One of my favorite movies that I got a chance to watch today was Pirates of the Carribean, Black Pearl. This is one of my favorite live action Disney (and in general) movies.

I love all the PotC movies. My favorite is Dead Man’s Chest, and my least is At World’s End. Can’t wait for the new movie. No Liz, no Will, and yes Penelope Cruz!! :mrgreen:

in order, my favorite is the 1st on. Then the 3rd one, and finally the second one. I belive, after watching the trailers, that the 4th one could end up being either my 2nd or first after I watch the movie in its entirty

The second has always been a favorite movie of mine, but I think I could potentially grow to like the 4th even better. :slight_smile:

Do you really want me to list all of the studios down? I just thought it would be nice to specify certain movies from certain studio productions, and no one is forcing us to list EVERY SINGLE one of them. I just find a difference between Disney and Pixar in terms of their movies.

My favorite movies are:
Mean Girls
Lord of the ring
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy and
Step Brothers movie