General fanfiction/fanart trends you are tired of

BuzzxWoody stuff.
Especially this one AU comic on deviantArt, long story short, it ends…
Graphically. :shake:
Some BxW is kinda cute, but…

Well, Violet is thirteen actually, but I see most fics age her up. (Thank goodness otherwoise yes- squick). There are many many fanfics I would not care for if they were not aged up appropriately. The ones however I could never get into regardless of age would be incest and where consensuality is cast into doubt etc. And obviously this latter part also means not being the age she is in the movie in some cases!

But I kind of do ship Violet and Mirage, in a way. Honestly, it’s one of those ships I can take as platonic or not, but clearly NOT at the age she is at the movie.

I think also because most of the fics surrounding Mirage HAVE that ship, or at least the good ones do regarding this character. If I despised this ship, I’d be missing out. Most seem to write it tastefully. I say most because I haven’t seen all of it.

The thing with Violet is, bi or pansexuality is actually still a possibility without deviating from canon at all. All you have to acknowledge is that she’s not all out gay. (And even given the fact she’s thirteen… it’s a confusing age, trust me.) We don’t see her like BOYS in general we see her like ONE boy. Tony. There is no evidence of any other attraction in the movie. And contrary to what some people believe being bisexual does not mean you want to do the nasty with everyone in sight.

Her most likely orientation is straight really, but it’s still a possibility that she isn’t completely.

-Shrugs- We all have different opinions really. I personally see Sulley as asexual for instance most of the time (as well as aromantic), but some don’t. I see Randall as straight but some don’t. As long as people don’t use orientation as an insult and use it as such, I don’t really see it as much of an issue.

I have problems regarding WALL-E because not only is it not possible but the mentality of the character- he acts like an innocent kid and has been like that for 700 years. He’s not about to grow up if you get my meaning, so it just seems wrong to have things adult realted of that nature with regards him.

Toy Story is kind of strange too, mostly because they don’t… have those bits and pieces. If you get my meaning. And while I can see why Buzz and Woody is shipped, I don’t personally. They seem to have an epic brother/rival relationship to me which I take as platonic.

Yes!! I don’t get that at ALL. :open_mouth: What’s worse is the abundance of Cars fics like this… I mean really… why did you try to make me picture cars having… AHH!! :cry:

I totally agree about Violet, Wall-E, Cars, and Toy Story. Why must people do these things? Can’t they keep their filth to themselves?

I don’t really care about Violet, though the only way I can…comfortably read about her is in innocent, non-dirty ways, with Tony.

I’ve been surfing around DA more than I should lately and man there’s something that just grinds my gears.

People over-s*xing family-friendly characters.

There’s some overly enthusiastic Banjo-Kazooie fans on DeviantART and… other sites who are Nuts, potentially even Bolts, about the game, even moreso than I am… some of them creep me out to no end. I mean, who in their right mind would draw a bear and a bird getting it on. ¬_¬

And also what’s you guys’ opinion on humanizing non-human characters?
I sometimes like it, depends on the artist, and if it isn’t all like LOL DEY HUMANS BCUZ I CANT DRAW ANIMALZ LOL and A WIZARD DID IT… There’s quite a few of them on DA that are suprisingly well-drawn and still looking like the original, though.

Though many of these humanized characters miss a lot of potential. I’ve seen a lot of artists’ renditions of Human!Conker and they don’t even… resemble him! This is MADNESS! He’s got such emotions in that characteristic poofy mug of his and then they just draw him human without him looking like him and and and
D8

I nearly did a spit-take with my coffee when I read this.

Or a ‘buddy cop’ rivalry. Woody’s the ‘straight man’ and Buzz is the ‘loose cannon’. :slight_smile:

Well, see, when a bear and a bird love each other very much…
I mean, when you’re roommates that long, something’s bound to happen… 8D

Not a huge fan of humanizations cos’ why change their characteristics when you can draw their original form instead? It’s like drawing human characters as animals, which I suppose would be ‘furrifying’ them or something (Is there a term? Animalizations?). If it’s done creatively and stands beautiful on its own, I can appreciate that, but otherwise, stick to their original forms and try to be more adventurous beyond humanoid figures.

Some good humanization examples:
Alter Ego - LOTG
Gloria and Melman as Humans
Bolt the Superdoghuman
Auto vs M-O

Madness?

Haha, I dig those humanizations. They actually look like the originals. I love that :smiley:

I drew Conker and Kazooie as humans once. I fail so much at drawing humans. D8 Guess I’ll stick to animals.

I’m surprised by what is going on in the fandoms!

Seriously, I agree with you guys. People should NOT be putting that kind of content in fandoms of kids movies, and especially not Pixar.

And people have made such stuff about WALL•E?!! I mean, COME ON!!! He and EVE act like 5 year olds!

Yup, horrible, isn’t it.

Stuff that’s intended for everyone should STAY for everyone. You know, I miss the time where I could just read a comic or play a game without thinking ‘somewhere a creep is drawing disturbing stuff between those two’ or ‘somewhere a guy is…’ well, you know. :confused:

And stuff that’s intended for mature audiences?
Er…
let’s not mention that.

No,offence to anyone,but I HATE Mater/Sally paring,eck It’s disgusting!That’s one way to get on my bad side paring Lightning or Sally with anybody else… :smiling_imp: :imp:

Mater and Sally does seem a bit weird to me (no offense intended, I’m sure most of you think Synlet is totally weird and wrong too). I’m not entirely sure I grasp the concept behind it. But hey, I’ve only seen Cars a handful of times, too… and most of those times I’ve been paying attention to Doc Hudson. :laughing:

Would you both like to elaborate?

Here’s my opinion on it: I understand that some people may feel such a couple is

or

, and may find it hard to imagine a romantic relationship between the tow truck and the sports car- be it for class divide reasons (rich, successful female unlikely to fall in love with a ‘pariah’ male of lower socio-economic background) or in the belief that Lightning x Sally is a OTP (One-True Pairing).

But consider this, there have been ‘signs’ that Mater and Sally may have had a prior relationship before (or at least, a very flirty friendship). Again, I highly recommend reading Fooled Around and Fell in Love by DodgeSuperBee with an open and objective mind, but here are some of them:

• Mater’s cordial greeting of “Miss Sally”. Notice this is a fairly unique greeting, he doesn’t address others in the same way.
  • The “She likes me for my body” remark to Lightning. Again, this can imply a number of things, but it’s not conclusive.
  • Sally being defending and showing concern for Mater’s feelings when Lightning casually promised him a helicopter ride. This shows that she cares for the tow-truck.
  • Mater asking Sally to dance during the ‘Sh-Boom’ sequence when Lightning was ‘stolen’ by Lizzie. It could simply be because he doesn’t have a dance partner.

There are probably many more cryptic clues, and as I’ve said, they can be interpreted either as them being just close friends, or former lovers. Whichever is the case, it’s up to the fans to decide, and unlike ‘alternate-reality’ pairings such as Syndrome x Violet, or yaoi pairings such as Mater and Lightning (where it is obvious from their actions and behaviour that they are hetero), such a possibility of either falling for the other (especially in a closed community such as Radiator Springs) is not out of the question.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but I feel I have that there is a very real basis for this relationship. Anyone is free to prove me otherwise. :slight_smile:

Oh, heh. Okay. :laughing: I don’t really notice stuff because I don’t watch Cars a lot and haven’t seen it for a long time. I guess it makes more sense after your elaboration, thanks. :smiley:

Key-word:Prior :laughing: And yeah,I’m a OTP,a Big one,heh… :stuck_out_tongue: But Mater’s too annoying,and weak-minded…I wish I had link to another poster talking about the same thing,but yeah that’s just my take on it… :slight_smile:

Sorry to stick my nose in here, but I feel the need to.

I always thought of Sally’s concern for Mater’s feelings being like Monique’s feelings for Ed in Goodburger(don’t kill me for mentioning this movie). She just realizes that he is a sensitive, possibly mentally set back individual who shouldn’t see him treated that way. Besides, I’m sorry, but I like Lightning with Sally. Not because Sally is too good for Mater, but to me, tht’s like WoodyXJesie. Just too weird. Emma, Doreen, fine. Any girl car but Sally.

Thanks, Arkie. I’m glad you can see this reasonably, and if I offended you with regards to the Synlet pairing remark, I apologize. It’s not impossible in an alternate-reality, but canonically, I think it’s pretty certain Syndrome didn’t survive the jet engine. But I liked your explanation in your ‘Birds of Feather’ fanfic, is there any chance you’d be continuing it soon? :slight_smile:

Does that mean Sally won’t have had an affection for him? I’m pretty certain she’s a judge of good character and doesn’t fall easily for ‘good looks’ alone. She didn’t like Lightning at first even though he was more ‘attractive’ than Mater, but when he had a change of heart, she eventually grew to like him. So I’m pretty sure Sally will be able to look beyond the ‘face value’ and appreciate someone’s inner values and good intentions, regardless of their intelligence level or ‘annoyance’.

And anyway, the fact it’s a prior relationship doesn’t make it any less a possibility. But I can see how you like Lightning and Sally as an OTP, and at least it’s canon. I’m just suggesting not to be closed to the idea of Mater and Sally being a pair before the movie’s event.

I suppose that they can be seen as platonic friends, and that’s cool as well. Not every girl and guy relationship has to become romantic. Part of the fun of fanshipping is in the ‘are they/aren’t they’ speculation, but I can understand if you see them as just being ‘friends’ looking out for each other.

And why would anyone want to kill you for mentioning Good Burger? I remember liking that show as a kid, though my brother watched it recently and said he found it less entertaining as an adult. But really, there’s nothing wrong with saying a film title or liking it, regardless of its quality.

oh my gosh, Virginia!
It is exactly like Monique and Ed’s relationship in Good Burger.
Good comparision! :wink:

I really want to watch Good Burger now. This scene really reminds me of Mater trying to hook up Lightning with Sally.

“Chicken! Chicken! MOOO!” 8D

No offense taken. I knew it wasn’t very realistic when I got myself into the pairing. 8D

On the topic of Birds of a Feather, I’m working on the next chapter, but I don’t know if it’ll be up today- I’ve been completely swamped by school and homework lately, and next month is NaNoWriMo which I plan to participate in. So I don’t know how active I’m going to be in the next few weeks. I might be able to get something up while I’m in a “sick and tired of writing this novel and I want to write something else for a while” stage. And I feel like I owe it to you guys, since I just updated my major fanfic Ultraviolet on Friday.

Soon! It is coming soon, I promise! :laughing:

Edit about four hours later: IT IS DONE. The link in my signature will take you there. :3

Thanks!! I caught it on TV the other day, and I was like, “Hmm…” :confused: