glp's Radiator Springs Adventures W: New fanfiction rated T

Ok, so I’ve been

playing catch up this past week and i’m all caught up now. The Screaming Banshee was amusing and this last

unamed one was so cute! I’m really eager to see what you got coming up since you’re so excited about it

:slight_smile:

Lennonluvr9 : Believe me , for this one you might be trembling from the suspense so

much you might not be able to predict trouble ( the trouble of which you predict that makes me feel so special

because you predicted trouble first on my fanfiction ) ! I think about the fanfiction all night , and I keep

waking up early , so I think about it more .

I think I might put up the first chapter today , I’m so

excited ! It’s my best work yet ! :smiley:

[b][i]But I’m warning you all now , if you

have a weak engine , you should try to skip as much as possible of it , this thing has me shaking like it’s

really happening ! And no , it’s not one of my lame ghost stories :wink:

[/i][/b]

Oh , and I don’t know if any of you noticed , but in chapter 2 of my

latest fanfic the first flashback is from my holiday special chapter of Cars 2 , A Holiday Helping Hand .

Okay , to anybody who read the last chapter of the new fanfic that I just

finished , I suggest you read it again because I noticed I left something out . :wink:

Oh , and another

thing about the fanfic , it turns out it’s gonna be about five chapters , and you’re not getting more of it

until I see at least three replies about it . This fanfic is too good to waste people !

And I finished

writing it out too , it came out really good .

Hey- I just noticed , I’m a piston cup champion ! yay

!

I

couldn’t wait any longer ! It’s just too good to be hidden from the world . it’s still unamed , but i’m

thinking about it and I have an idea for the name . Okay , the first very long chapter i’ve written in a while !

Once again , it’s not good for the weak engine . i’m warning you now so don’t say i didn’t

oh , and the story goes from a buch of different cars views , so your gonna have to pay attention ,

since it might get a little confusing . :wink:

Chapter 1

I sit in the office , waiting . They’ve

been in there for two hours , so what’s taking them so long ? I knew something wrong was going to happen , but I

didn’t know it would be this . I watch other cars leave , relieved their loved ones are okay . Flo’s next to me

, saying everything will be okay , that Stickers is always strong , and there was no difference to this than the

last time he crashed about 2 months ago . I try to stay calm , but the tears just flow . I see Doc come in the

room.

" How’s Stickers ? " I ask , " Is he okay ? "

Doc only looks down at the

ground . He looks upset . Angie’s next to him . I can see she’s crying . Angie drives off , out of the

hospital , still crying .

I start to worry . " Please tell me he’s alright ! "

"

I’m sorry , Sally , " He says to me , " he’s gone . "

" No ! " I yell , "

It can’t be true , not Lightning , not my Stickers ! Noo !!

"

I woke up screaming ,sweating and panting like crazy .

" What’s wrong ? " asked Stickers . He saw the tears , he knew I had been having the same

nightmare every night . " It’s okay , " he tried to calm me , " I’m here , I’m not dead . It’s

okay Sally , calm down now . "

I tried to calm down . The sweating stopped , but I was still panting

. It got harder to breathe .

" Sally , " he worried , " you don’t look so good . You

want me to go wake Doc ? "

" No , " I manage to gasp out , " I’m fine .

"

Five minutes passed and I was still breathing heavily , trying to get more air into my system

" That’s It , " Stickers said , " I don’t care if he wakes up grumpy you look terrible

. "

I tried to follow him , but it was hard to drive . He helped me a bit , letting me lean on him if

I needed to take a rest . We got halfway across the street , and then everything went black

" Sally , Sally wake up ! " I shouted . I

didn’t care if I woke up the whole town . " Doc ! Doc ! "

Everyone drove out of their garage .

When Angie and Flo saw Sally passed out in the road they gasped . Doc came outside half asleep , but then when

he saw her , he looked even more awake than I was .

" Angie , Mater ! " he yelled , " I’m

gonna need some help . Mater , tow her into my clinic and Angie , you’re gonna assit me here . " Doc

noticed me next to Sally looking awestruck and confused by what was going on . " She’s gonna be okay kid ,

she’s in good hands . " Him and Angie drove into his clinic , ready for action as if they were soldiers .

Everyone else headed to Flo’s , nobody was able to sleep with all of this going on .

" Come on

Lightning , " Flo said from behind me , " you need to take your mind of her while they’re in there .

They’ll be done before you know it . "

" Okay , " Doc took a

deep breath , " let’s see what’s wrong . "

I stayed next to him , waiting for my next command

. After all , I couldn’t do much since I didn’t have my degree yet and Doc has only taught me so much .

" See anything yet ? " I asked while he looked under Sally’s hood . A little gruesome , I know

, but that’s a doctor’s job .

" I sure do , " he answered back , " look . " I do as

I’m told , but I don’t see anything wrong . Doc notices my confusion and starts to explain . " See that

part right there ? "

" Yeah , that’s the gliden chamber . " ( A/N : doesn’t exist in a

real car , it would be like a human pacemaker [not the one they put in when u need a new one] )

"

Well , you see , it’s been moved to the right a bit , so it’s not doin’ it’s job correctly . I’d have to get

better details from Lightning about what - "

I cut Doc off ," She had a nightmare again .

"

" How do you know that ? " Doc asked suspiciously .

" I heard her scream in

the night , and I could tell Lightning was caliming her down , at least he tried anyway . I saw him try to guide

her to your place , so I was guessing they’d be alright , " I sighed sadly , " I guess I was wrong .

"

" It’s not your fault Angie , " he assured me , " it’s nobody’s fault .

"

Doc had always been like a father to me , almost more than my own father was . When I had crashed

in my first season , he had fixed me up good . Doc knew I was scared , and promised me I would be okay . One time

, my father couldn’t stay overnight , so Doc volunteered to stay . He had to stay anyway , he was my doctor ,

but I could tell he wasn’t only trying to make me feel better physically .

" I should get this

fixed , " he said softly , " you don’t need to help anymore , you can go back to bed . I can see

you’re tired . "

See what I mean ?

" Thanks Doc , " I replied tiredly , "

though it will be hard to sleep now , with everyone being worried and all . Goodnight . "

"

goodnight . "

An hour after being at my

cafe , I noticed Angie leaving Doc’s clinic .

" Is Sally okay ? " Lightning quickly asked .

Sally was lucky to have a good boyfriend like that , even if he used to be obnoxious . He was always looking out

for her , and telling her how much he loved her . We could all tell they would stay together after he helped her

re-open the Wheel Well .

" She’s gonna be fine , it’s really hard to explain the injury . Doc’s

finishing her up right now , " Angie replied tiredly . I could tell why Doc let her go , she was extremly

tired , and almost dozing off while she gave the details .

" You better go to bed honey , " I

said to her , " If anything bad happens , I promise I’ll wake you . "

" Thanks Flo ,

" she almost whispered it . " Goodnight everyone . "

We all told her goodnight in return .

I noticed Lightning was still a bit quiet . Well , more quiet than the rest of us , anyway. I went to go see what

was wrong .

" Is everything okay , Lightning ? " I asked him .

" Besides Sally …

yeah everything’s okay . "

" You want to talk about it ? I mean , what happened ? " I

asked . Sally was my best friend , I always felt as if I needed to look out for her … for everyone actually .

" She woke up in the middle of the night , " he replied softly , " she had that dream

again . "

" That’s the sixth time this week , " I shook my hood .

" I know ,

I feel as if it’s my fault … after all , she becomes scared and upset because in the dream I die , " he

nudged his fuel can a bit with his tire .

" Don’t blame yourself Lightning , " I said , "

it’s not anybody’s fault at all . "

Just then Doc drove up to the cafe .

" Come on ,

Lightning , I need to talk to you . "

" She’s okay , right ? " Lightning asked nervously .

" Yeah , she’s okay , just follow me . "

We all sighed , happy that Sally was

alright.

" We need those dreams to stop ,

" Doc warned , " just let her relax for a few hours before she goes to sleep . No t.v. , and especially

no motel paperwork about two hours before bed . "

" What if we don’t ? " I asked , afraid

of the consequences .

" I’m afraid she’ll just get worse , " Doc looked at Sally , fast

asleep , " I want her to stay here for the night though , just in case it happens again . "

" Maybe I should stay with her , " I said concerned , " If she wakes up and I’m not there

, she might become even less calm . "

Just as Doc was going to agree with me ( for the first time

ever , I might add ) , Sally woke up with a groan .

" Wha-What happened ? " she asked confused

, " where am I ? "

" You’re at Doc’s clinic , Sally , " I replied , " you

passed out . "

" I passed out ? " , she repeated , " for how long ?

"

" Long enough for me to fix the problem , " Doc answered for me , " I want you to

stay here tonight though , just in case it happens again . "

" What if what happens again ?

"

" If you have another nightmare again , " I noticed her upset face , " it’s okay ,

i’ll stay with you , then if you do have the dream again , it won’t be like I did - … you know . "

She nodded to say she understood .

" Get some rest , " said Doc , " both of you .

" He left the room , and Sally and I soon fell asleep . I checked the clock before I did , it was 3:00 AM .

Okay , take a breather , she’s fine now ( no that’s not a line ,

although it should be ! ) . So was it has suspenseful as I aid it would be , or was it just not for you since you

could skip and see what’s going on ? see that reply button , it’s begging you to click it ! so plz do !

I couldn’t wait any longer ! It’s

just too good to be hidden from the world . it’s still unamed , but i’m thinking about it and I have an idea

for the name . Okay , the first very long chapter i’ve written in a while !

Once again , it’s not good

for the weak engine . i’m warning you now so don’t say i didn’t .

oh , and the story goes from a buch

of different cars views , so your gonna have to pay attention , since it might get a little confusing . :wink:

Chapter 1

I sit in the office , waiting . They’ve been in there for two hours , so what’s taking

them so long ? I knew something wrong was going to happen , but I didn’t know it would be this . I watch other

cars leave , relieved their loved ones are okay . Flo’s next to me , saying everything will be okay , that

Stickers is always strong , and there was no difference to this than the last time he crashed about 2 months ago

. I try to stay calm , but the tears just flow . I see Doc come in the room.

" How’s Stickers ?

" I ask , " Is he okay ? "

Doc only looks down at the ground . He looks upset . Angie’s

next to him . I can see she’s crying . Angie drives off , out of the hospital , still crying .

I start

to worry . " Please tell me he’s alright ! "

" I’m sorry , Sally , " He says to me ,

" he’s gone . "

" No ! " I yell , " It can’t be true , not Lightning , not my

Stickers ! Noo !! "

I woke up screaming ,sweating and panting

like crazy .

" What’s wrong ? " asked Stickers . He saw the tears , he knew I had been having

the same nightmare every night . " It’s okay , " he tried to calm me , " I’m here , I’m not

dead . It’s okay Sally , calm down now . "

I tried to calm down . The sweating stopped , but I was

still panting . It got harder to breathe .

" Sally , " he worried , " you don’t look so

good . You want me to go wake Doc ? "

" No , " I manage to gasp out , " I’m fine .

"

Five minutes passed and I was still breathing heavily , trying to get more air into my system

" That’s It , " Stickers said , " I don’t care if he wakes up grumpy you look terrible

. "

I tried to follow him , but it was hard to drive . He helped me a bit , letting me lean on him if

I needed to take a rest . We got halfway across the street , and then everything went black

" Sally , Sally wake up ! " I shouted . I

didn’t care if I woke up the whole town . " Doc ! Doc ! "

Everyone drove out of their garage .

When Angie and Flo saw Sally passed out in the road they gasped . Doc came outside half asleep , but then when

he saw her , he looked even more awake than I was .

" Angie , Mater ! " he yelled , " I’m

gonna need some help . Mater , tow her into my clinic and Angie , you’re gonna assit me here . " Doc

noticed me next to Sally looking awestruck and confused by what was going on . " She’s gonna be okay kid ,

she’s in good hands . " Him and Angie drove into his clinic , ready for action as if they were soldiers .

Everyone else headed to Flo’s , nobody was able to sleep with all of this going on .

" Come on

Lightning , " Flo said from behind me , " you need to take your mind of her while they’re in there .

They’ll be done before you know it . "

" Okay , " Doc took a

deep breath , " let’s see what’s wrong . "

I stayed next to him , waiting for my next command

. After all , I couldn’t do much since I didn’t have my degree yet and Doc has only taught me so much .

" See anything yet ? " I asked while he looked under Sally’s hood . A little gruesome , I know

, but that’s a doctor’s job .

" I sure do , " he answered back , " look . " I do as

I’m told , but I don’t see anything wrong . Doc notices my confusion and starts to explain . " See that

part right there ? "

" Yeah , that’s the gliden chamber . " ( A/N : doesn’t exist in a

real car , it would be like a human pacemaker [not the one they put in when u need a new one] )

"

Well , you see , it’s been moved to the right a bit , so it’s not doin’ it’s job correctly . I’d have to get

better details from Lightning about what - "

I cut Doc off ," She had a nightmare again .

"

" How do you know that ? " Doc asked suspiciously .

" I heard her scream in

the night , and I could tell Lightning was caliming her down , at least he tried anyway . I saw him try to guide

her to your place , so I was guessing they’d be alright , " I sighed sadly , " I guess I was wrong .

"

" It’s not your fault Angie , " he assured me , " it’s nobody’s fault .

"

Doc had always been like a father to me , almost more than my own father was . When I had crashed

in my first season , he had fixed me up good . Doc knew I was scared , and promised me I would be okay . One time

, my father couldn’t stay overnight , so Doc volunteered to stay . He had to stay anyway , he was my doctor ,

but I could tell he wasn’t only trying to make me feel better physically .

" I should get this

fixed , " he said softly , " you don’t need to help anymore , you can go back to bed . I can see

you’re tired . "

See what I mean ?

" Thanks Doc , " I replied tiredly , "

though it will be hard to sleep now , with everyone being worried and all . Goodnight . "

"

goodnight . "

An hour after being at my

cafe , I noticed Angie leaving Doc’s clinic .

" Is Sally okay ? " Lightning quickly asked .

Sally was lucky to have a good boyfriend like that , even if he used to be obnoxious . He was always looking out

for her , and telling her how much he loved her . We could all tell they would stay together after he helped her

re-open the Wheel Well .

" She’s gonna be fine , it’s really hard to explain the injury . Doc’s

finishing her up right now , " Angie replied tiredly . I could tell why Doc let her go , she was extremly

tired , and almost dozing off while she gave the details .

" You better go to bed honey , " I

said to her , " If anything bad happens , I promise I’ll wake you . "

" Thanks Flo ,

" she almost whispered it . " Goodnight everyone . "

We all told her goodnight in return .

I noticed Lightning was still a bit quiet . Well , more quiet than the rest of us , anyway. I went to go see what

was wrong .

" Is everything okay , Lightning ? " I asked him .

" Besides Sally …

yeah everything’s okay . "

" You want to talk about it ? I mean , what happened ? " I

asked . Sally was my best friend , I always felt as if I needed to look out for her … for everyone actually .

" She woke up in the middle of the night , " he replied softly , " she had that dream

again . "

" That’s the sixth time this week , " I shook my hood .

" I know ,

I feel as if it’s my fault … after all , she becomes scared and upset because in the dream I die , " he

nudged his fuel can a bit with his tire .

" Don’t blame yourself Lightning , " I said , "

it’s not anybody’s fault at all . "

Just then Doc drove up to the cafe .

" Come on ,

Lightning , I need to talk to you . "

" She’s okay , right ? " Lightning asked nervously .

" Yeah , she’s okay , just follow me . "

We all sighed , happy that Sally was

alright.

" We need those dreams to stop ,

" Doc warned , " just let her relax for a few hours before she goes to sleep . No t.v. , and especially

no motel paperwork about two hours before bed . "

" What if we don’t ? " I asked , afraid

of the consequences .

" I’m afraid she’ll just get worse , " Doc looked at Sally , fast

asleep , " I want her to stay here for the night though , just in case it happens again . "

" Maybe I should stay with her , " I said concerned , " If she wakes up and I’m not there

, she might become even less calm . "

Just as Doc was going to agree with me ( for the first time

ever , I might add ) , Sally woke up with a groan .

" Wha-What happened ? " she asked confused

, " where am I ? "

" You’re at Doc’s clinic , Sally , " I replied , " you

passed out . "

" I passed out ? " , she repeated , " for how long ?

"

" Long enough for me to fix the problem , " Doc answered for me , " I want you to

stay here tonight though , just in case it happens again . "

" What if what happens again ?

"

" If you have another nightmare again , " I noticed her upset face , " it’s okay ,

i’ll stay with you , then if you do have the dream again , it won’t be like I did - … you know . "

She nodded to say she understood .

" Get some rest , " said Doc , " both of you .

" He left the room , and Sally and I soon fell asleep . I checked the clock before I did , it was 3:00 AM .

Okay , take a breather , she’s fine now ( no that’s not a line ,

although it should be ! ) . So was it has suspenseful as I aid it would be , or was it just not for you since you

could skip and see what’s going on ? see that reply button , it’s begging you to click it ! so plz do !

"Just

click it" glp pleaded and so i did, ready to give my reply. Oh man, now i’m narrating my own life! Anywho,

that was cool! I liked switching off from different point of views. (is there gonna be a Doc point of view

coming? :stuck_out_tongue: ) And it was suspenseful! There’s more where that came from i’m sure. I wanna know what’s gonna

happen to sally! And not to spoil anything but [spoil]I hope those dreams of Sally’s dont come

true in any way![/spoil]

lennonluvr9 : NO Doc view was

planned , but I might add one now . I couldn’t think of how he would react to anything in the story . Besides ,

I’d be afraid to mess it up . The views I have are Lightning , Sally , Angie , Flo(1) , and

[spoil]Bolts (1)[/spoil].

Now the long awaited ( okay , a week , but that’s long for me ! ) :

Chapter 2

( warning : 1 swear ! )

Doc soon let me out the next morning , he explained to me exactly what happen ,

with the help of Stickers , and that I really need to take a break from the cozy cone and the wheel well . I was

still aloud to drive , just not too fast or else I might tire myself out a little too much .

" A

drive is fine , " Doc assured me , " in fact it might help you gain your strength back .

"

" Thanks Doc , " I said before heading off to Flo’s with Stickers .

" Hey , look who’s up and well ! " Ramone

shouted from his usual spot at the cafe .

" Hi everyone , " I greeted them .

"

Mornin’ Sally ! " was the greeting I got back from everybody .

" You don’ did have us quite

sceered there Miss Sally ! " Mater said .

" Sorry about that , " I replied shyly .

" There’s no need to be sorry , " Chai had her notebook next to her fuel can , and was

probably writing up another story for the town newspaper . " It’s not like it was your fault . " I

could tell everybody had heard that a lot lately , especially by the looks on Flo , Angie and Stickers’ faces .

I stayed there for a while , ordered my regular , and I noticed it was just a bit more quiet than usual

,although I guessed it was worse late last night . It was nice that they all cared about me , but I couldn’t

help but feel sorry about keeping them up , all worrying about me . Even Mia and Tia looked like they had a tough

night , and they hate my parts . (A/N : guts=parts )

Stickers must have noticed I was down a bit , because

only twenty minutes after we had arrived he asked , " Do you wanna go for a drive ? "

"

Yeah , " I replied , " I need to get all this mess out of my head for a while . "

"

Are you sure you want to go ? We can do something else … "

" No , no , I’m fine , I’ll just

take it easy like Doc told me to , " I assured him . I could tell Stickers wanted some time for us to be

alone for a while .

We drove in silence for most of the drive . Stickers was thinking , I could tell

by the look on his face . After being so close to somebody for a while , it’s easy to notice how they feel about

certain things . I usually went ahead and teased him about how I could easily go faster than him , but I really

didn’t have the strength to . I stood by his side , us both going only 50 mph , while we usually went about 90 .

We arrived at the Wheel Well soon enough , and I noticed it was empty . I took a sigh of relief , knowing

that it hadn’t been like this for weeks , and it would be easier for Stickers and I to keep the place together

like it was now . If it was a full house , we’d both be stressed out . I tried not to think about last night , I

just thought of other things , like the training races Stickers would be going to that started in about a week or

so .

I could tell Stickers was trying to not mention what had happen either , although I knew he wanted

to say something . I leaned on him , trying to relax . I sighed .

" I love you , " I

whispered to him . My eyes where closed , it was nice to rest once in a while , and that drive was pretty tiring

" I love you too , " he replied back . He could tell I was tired , so we just stayed there

for a while … him looking at the view , me looking at nothing at all . I opened my eyes , and looked at him . He

smiled at me , I smiled back .

" I was really worried last night , " he said . We usually could

just talk , but … I don’t know , we were both just tired I guess .

Unfortunately , he picked the wrong

subject , " I really don’t want to talk about that right now , " I sounded a bit annoyed , I regret

the attitude now .

" I know , I just thought I’d say it quickly so I wouldn’t have something

weighing on my mind . "

" Not to mention break the silence , " I said with a small grin .

" Heh , yeah that too , " he confessed . We looked out at the road a bit more , and finally my

strength was up enough to go back . " You ready to go ? " Stickers asked me .

" Yeah

," I answered back ," I’m ready . "

We drove home in silence .

[i]" I’m sorry , Sally , he’s gone .

"

" No ! It can’t be true , not Lightning , not my Stickers ! "

[/i]

I woke up startled by the nightmare again . It wasn’t as bad as the night before , as

I quickly calmed down .

" You okay ? " I heard Lightning whisper half asleep .

"

Yeah , I’m fine , I calmed myself down quickly , " I replied moving close to him . He fell back asleep ,

snoring quietly . Soon , I did too .

" Morning ,

Lightning ! " I heard Flo say from her place .

" Morning ! " I replied back . I had woken

up a bit earlier than Sally this morning , although it was usually the total opposite , unless I had practice

anyway .

" How did she sleep ? " asked Flo , a little less happy than her greeting was .

I sighed , " She had the nightmare again , " I could see Flo looked unhappy as she heard the answer .

" but she did calm down a lot faster than she usually does . "

" Oh , " she answered

back , " that’s good then . "

I drove to a spot at the gas station , right next ot Angie , as

Flo passed me my morning fuel . Being as smart as I am , I always get something with more caffiene in the morning

than my usual .

Angie looked at me , as if examining me . In fact , she was examining me . " What’s

wrong , Lightning ?" she asked curiously . Even though I had known her for less than a year , we had gotten

close , almost as if we were related . She looked up to me , since she was younger than me . After all , she was

in her freshman year in college . Angie could always tell when something was wrong . It was one of her special

talents , if you could call it that .

" Just … worried , " I replied , " and a bit tired

, too . "

" I heard her up again last night , " Angie admitted to me . Her cone was the

closet to the garage Sally and I live in , so I was only surprised a bit that she had heard her , " You two

did what Doc said , right ? "

" Yeah , she read a ‘Cars’ (A/N : “People” ) magazine

. Nothing nerve-racking or anything , it was kind of quiet . " I wasn’t lying either , it’s not like she

could do paperwork , nobody was visiting Radiator Springs at all . The only keys we didn’t have were #4 and #6 ,

Angie and Chai’s cones .

" Now I’m kind of glad I have school so I couldn’t go with Bolts for his

training , " she said .Bolts had been gone for two weeks training in Florida . She was a bit upset , but she

knew she would soon see him in the training races . " Just think , I probably would’ve just taken the plane

back to … " she stopped when she noticed the look on my face . " She’ll be fine Lightning , You

and Doc are takin’ good care her . "

Fifteen

minutes after talking to Lightning , I stepped on the Dinoco helicopter with Chai to go to school . I was worried

, but not so much about Sally , I was more worried about Lightning . He was so depresed about what happen , and

he had been quiet lately , not his usual laughing , always arguing with Doc self . I needed time to think , and I

knew Chai could tell , she just looked out the window , searching for the tactors and Frank .

I wasn’t

myself either , I have to admit . I was usually as loud as Lightning , but with all of this going on , I was kind

of depressed myself , especially when I heard Sally wake up again in the middle of the night .

"

Chrysler , Sally , I thought , [i] Your scaring us all to death

[/i] . " I hate that word , death , I never liked it , and liked it

less when I had almost experienced it , on both sides too . Times like this made me want to cry , but I didn’t

since I knew I had been crying a bit too much since I arrived in Radiator Springs .

" What’s the matter Weathers ? " asked Roshell

snobbingly . We had the same first block . " Upset that your boyfriend’s gone . He’ll be back , but

probably almost dead since he sucks at racing ! " Her friends laughed , and I just couldn’t take it .

" May I be excused ? " I asked while driving quickly to outside , needing fresh air .

I parked my self under a tree , calming myself down .

" She doesn’t even know what’s going on , " I mumbled out loud , " why can’t she just

mind her own business . " I held back the tears , I was not going to cry , I wasn’t .

" Angie

? " I heard a voice behind me . It was Chai , who probably came to see if I was alright , " Listen ,

Angie , she doesn’t know what she’s talking about , she’s just a snob who needs a reality check . "

" I know , I know , " I said as she parked next to me , " I usually just cope with it …

but … I haven’t really been the same lately .

"

" Stickers , Stickers !

"

five more minutes , I thought Sally was only trying to wake me up

because it was morning .

" Damn it … Lightning , wake up ! " I heard her breathing heavily ,

" it’s happening again . " My eyes suddenly opened quicker than lightning would strike the ground from

the sound of her hyperventalating .

This time she didn’t even make it out of the garage . I knew Angie

had been watching outside her window , because I soon as Sally passed out , and I stopped moving foward , she

rushed out of her cone .

" Get Doc ! " I yelled at her , " Now !

"

When will these nightmares end?

I noticed 1 cuss word well. :wink:

Heh , I forgot about

another word that isn’t a swaer but to my parents is just as bad . :wink:

hey, glp, i just started reading… WOW!
:smiley: :smiley:

:smiley:

Aww,

Sally’s still having nightmares! Aww again, Lightning’s so cute with her! I’m still wondering how these

nightmares will stop…

I’m in trouble so I’m gonna give u a chapter an

you’ll have to wait for the next chapter for like a month :

Chapter 3

Angie drove as fast as she

could , even if it was only across the street . The others had woken up and saw me with Sally practically in my

tires . Right when Red saw Sally , he drove right back to the courthouse . I heard Angie waking up Doc , and then

I heard his tires screeching to the scene , as were hers too .

Mater already knew what to do . He quickly

attached his tow cable to her , and drove quickly to the clinic . This time I followed , I was worried enough

before , and now it was even worse . My tires were shaking from my nerves as Angie drove up to me . She looked

nervous too , even though she would be helping Doc again , at least I thought .

Doc came up to me not too

long after , He had taken a quick look at her , and came outside to talk to me .

" Lightning ,

" he sounded as worried as the rest of us , " I don’t think she’s gonna make it . "

My

eyes became big , " What do you mean ? She can’t die , Doc ! I love her too much ! I’d be a wreck , more

than I am now anyway . "

" I’m trying my best Lightning , " he assured me , " her

chances may not be big , but I’m gonna try . Not just for you , but for all of us .

"

" Okay , Angie , you’ve seen me do it before ,

now you’re gonna help me . "

I knew the precedure , I had practiced it in my head a lot lately

since that night , which was only two days ago . I went by Doc’s side , ready for my orders , but then I just

broke down , something I should have done that morning .

" I can’t do it Doc , I just can’t !

" I cried , " Sally’s just too close ! I mean , " I sniffed , " what if she dies ? It’s too

big of a chance , Doc . It would be all my fault . "

" It’s wouldn’t be your fault Ang-

"

" I’ve heard that too much this weekend ! " I shouted . I was shaking from the sadness

and anger . " I’m sorry , " I said back , my windshield full of tears , " I just … i just

haven’t been myself lately . "

" It’s alright Angie , none of us have ," Doc sighed ,

" We’ll come to this obstacle another time … just get some rest . "

I nodded , and left the

room .

Lightning noticed me shaking while I exited . I

accidentally got him worried . He looked at me , and I knew what the look meant .

" No , she didn’t

die , " I whispered , " but we’re still not sure if she’ll make it . "

" Then

what’s wrong Angie ? " he asked me . Lightning was like that , always looking out for me like a big brother

. I swear , the only way we’re not related is by oil . " You don’t look so good . "

" I

just got a bit shooken up while I was in there , I was worried I wouldn’t be able to do anything , " I

started crying a bit again , Lightning noticed and tried to calm me down , he was a certified expert on that now

" Hey , it’ll be alright , " he said . I followed him to Flo’s and I heard him mumble ,

" I hope . "

I was at Flo’s , still worried

as heck about Sally . She was the love of my life , I didn’t want her to die . If she did … I would be …

lost without her . My tires were still shaking , but it didn’t stop me from pacing .

" Lightning ,

" Chai said to me , " please don’t pace , you’re making it worse . "

" I’m sorry ,

" I replied back softly , " I’m just really worried . "

" We all are , Lightning ,

" Sheriff almost whispered , " We all are . "

I took a quick glance at Angie , fast asleep

at a station . She refused to go back to her cone , and decided she would rest there while everybody waited . She

didn’t look so peaceful , and I knew she was worried as well , after all , she had backed off about helping Doc

, afraid she would be right there when Sally … you know .

An hour later , Doc pulled up , exhausted

looking . He had woken up Angie by mistake , but she looked like she had never went to sleep at all when he did .

A few seconds … minutes … maybe hours , and I couldn’t take it anymore .

" Is she okay ? "

I asked , almost afraid to .

Doc nodded , too worn out to speak . We all sighed with relief . A few

minutes later , Doc let me go see her.

I went in , and wasn’t as

shocked as I was before when it happened . Sally was still asleep , but when I entered I had accidentally woke

her up .

She wasn’t as shocked as she was the first time either . She sighed ," I hate that

nightmare . I keep getting so worked up about losing you . "

" Sally , [i] I

[/i] almost lost you , " I drove up to her , and she nuzzled against me , then she noticed what I

said .

" I almost died ?! " she looked shocked .

" Yeah , and don’t ever worry me

like that again ! In fact , don’t worry any of us like that again ! Angie had a total breakdown !

"

" She did ?" Sally was once again in shock ," Oh , man , now I really hate that

nightmare ! I didn’t mean to … I didn’t want to worry you like that . "

" I know , " I

replied back . " I love you so much . "

" I love you too Stickers , " she had said

before she fell asleep .

oh, man those dumb nightmares :stuck_out_tongue: i

hope sally dosen’t die!
But I have a feeling it’s just going to get worse and worse. :0

I just read

it anyway.

People please review glp’s story. Yeah that’s right i’m talking to you person who’s

reading this. Well except Glp. But that’s differnt, please Read and review!

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Whew! that was a tension-filled chapter! Thats

interesting that Sally didnt even realize what had happened to her! I felt so bad for Angie & lightning. I

hope things dont get worse after this.

Well , this chapter might be even more tension-filled , lennonluvr9 ! It’s smaller though .

Here it is :

Chapter 4

A few more days past , and I was as good as new . I hadn’t had the dream

since that horrible day , and with the help of Stickers , I became healthier each day . Luckily , Doc said I

could go to the first training race , but only if I stayed close and didn’t drive to and from . I slept in

Stickers’ trailer on the way , with him by my side . It was a bit cramped , but I soon got over it .

We

arrived at the track , and Doc was setting everything up . Angie was searching for Bolts , I could tell by the

look on her face. Although they haven’t been back together for long , she still loved him as much as she always

had , and believe me I should know since I comforted her with gallons of chocolate ice cream days after they

first broke up . They got back together a month later , learning it was Chick’s fault in the first place , as

it’s always been .

" You alright ? " Stickers asked me as we got out of the trailer .

" Yeah , " I said , " I’m fine . " I don’t know why he asked me that , I guess he

was still worried a bit about me … I don’t blame him though .

I had arrived at the track

twenty minutes earlier than Angie had . I was double checking with the crew that we had eveything for the race

when I heard her .

" Bolts ! "

I quickly turned and I saw her driving up to me . I drove

up to her .

" How’ve you been ? " I asked her , " Haven’t seen you in a while . "

" Yeah , " Angie rested on my side , " I missed you . "

" I missed you

too , " I said as we drove up to her and Lightning’s pit crew . As we did , I noticed she looked a bit ,

well , tired . Usually she was more energenic than how she was right then .

" What’s wrong ? "

I questioned .

" Nothing , " she said exhaustedly , almost in a whisper , " nothing

anymore . "

" Angie , " I was worried , " what happened in Radiator Springs while I

was gone ? " I know her when there’s something wrong , she becomes quiet , and almost unsocialble .

She sighed , " Remember that dream Sally had , the night before you left ? "

" Yeah

."

" Well , " she started , " she kept having the same dream , over and over again .

Finally , she just got worn out and passed out . We all tried to not get her to dream it again , but a few days

later she did … and she almost died . Don’t talk about it in front of Sally though , " she warned

politely , " I think she really wants to forget about it … I know I do . "

As we got to her

pit crew , I heard greetings of " welcome back , " and " how’s it going Bolts ? " and an

Itailian greeting I now at least must’ve mean ‘hello’ . I saw Sally and I smiled at her , she smiled back , as

if she said ’ thanks for not saying anything out loud about it ’ .

[i] All racecars to the

starting line , All racecars to the starting line . The race will begin in fifteen minutes .

[/i]

" Come on , " teased Angie , " lets go so I can beat you faster . "

" You’re on , little girl ! " I teased back . I knew she hated it when I mentioned she was one

( but tough )girl out of 42 tough guys , especially when I added ’ little ’ to it . I was only a few moths

older than she was , but it still counts . She stuck her toungue out at me . I laughed .

" Be careful out there , "

Sally warned me before I headed on to the track . She kissed me on the cheeck .

I returned the kiss back

, " I will , don’t worry . "

The race was only 125 laps , and the first 90 went by smoothly . I

was blocking Chick from coming up in front of me , and he , of course , started to get angry . Bolts and Angie

were behind us , trying to take the third spot .

" I’ve got you this time , " I heard Bolts

behind me .

" Oh , no you don’t ! " I heard Angie’s reply , and then I heard Doc

" Nice going out there you two , " I heard through the radio . " It’s more than halfway

done , and I have a feeling this is how the race’s gonna end . "

" What do you mean , I can do

so much better than this ! " Angie replied through the radio .

" Just keep going steady and -

" , he quickly stopped and changed the subject , " Lightning ! Watch out ! "

Chick smashed

into me from behind , and sent me flying into a wall hood first . I tried to stop , but the traction just wasn’t

working so good on the track .

" Lightning , " Doc

asked , " can you hear me ? "

I heard Stickers groan through the radio , and it didn’t sound

good . I watched as Doc ordered the ambulance that had rushed to the scene to take him to the same hospital that

Angie was in before .

Speaking of her , she came into the pits as soon as Lightning crashed and he

didn’t move at all . Bolts came out too . I guess they both knew they were going to leave the race incomplete ,

but I busy calming myself down as we all drove to the hospital which was only 25 miles away . I didn’t want to

pass out again , not after what I woke up to the last time ; Lightning worried to death , Angie crying over her

not being able to help Doc . It was bad enough we were all worried again .

We arrived , and scaringly ,

it looked just like my dream . I know , nobody can tell the future , and at the moment I was really hoping that

was true .

I finally got to reading your newest story,

gottalovepixar, and I must say that it’s really good! You’ve got some talent

there. :smiley:

Man – poor Lightning. I almost cried the first time Sally had the evil dream. I wouldn’t mind

it so much if Sally kicked the bucket – but Lightning? Heh…I feel rather embarassed saying this, but if

McQueen died I would feel as if I lost someone I rather liked; and the same goes for Doc, as well. Thank goodness

Doc is holding up strong in this round.

But yeah – great story! Keep up the good work! :smiley:

I’ve read a few mature-ish ( as in not for the 10 year

old ) fanfictions about Sally dyng and then Lightning wants to go kill himself . Not cool … and there was

another where he was just depressed and stayed in his cone for , like , ever .

You wouldn’t care if she

died ?! Wow , you must not like her that much Mitch !

Oh , and a majority of the fanfics I’ve read with

cars dying , it’s usually Doc , which totally sucks in my case , but I guess they don’t think of him as

important .

oh, no the nightmare! i think it’s coming true! Because you know sometimes when you get dreams they sometimes

come true.

Don’t die please! i’m gonna start crying :cry:

wait if Lightning dies then what’s

gonna happen to Sally?

gottalovepixar - Oh no – it’s not that. I think Sally is a wonderful character,

and I would hate it if she died as well! I was almost sweating in my seat when the poor gal kept having nightmare

after nightmare…

I’m just more into Lightning, that’s all. I like him a little more as a character,

if you get my meaning. :wink:

I can’t wait for the next chapter, but I don’t want anything bad to happen

either! :frowning: