John Carter

It’s been but fun but I’m done.

I appreciate that everyone has their preferences, their favorites. I sure do, what I do not understand ( and there are many things going on like this right now - prop 8 ) is why there is such a strong need to tell others what they they can and cannot do.

It seems beyond strange, and rather inappropriate that a bunch of fans are telling Pixar, Andrew Stanton that they can only make a certain kind of picture. Look, there’s no way I’m going to see Cars 2, if I do it’s a complete accident, but go ahead and make it, it’s not my call.

Most creatives and SF fans love Pixar, but somehow we’ve got a whole site of Pixar fans who are the exact opposite. Very puzzling.

And the posts, - preschoolers and fundies. Children of the church lady. How special.

I mean how CRAZY is all this ? -

[i]I’ve seen Ratatouille eighteen times, and WALL•E two times. • Jesus is LORD!

Depressing, but if it’s Pixar, it’s gonna be great.

My personal belief about John Carter of Mars is that is it isn’t a family film…from what i have seen and heard Pixar would have to do some modifications to get it acceptable…

I think it would be a disaster if Pixar did create a jon cater film. I always have been against this film ever since I heard the story.

The girl’s “outfit” is terrible

FLOP. PLEASE FLOP. FOR THE GOOD OF PIXAR PLEASE FLOP.

Uh… God of Mars? …No, wait, I’ll keep my spiritual views out of this one before the flames start going around.

I don’t wanna go see a film with characters dressed like that.

They would loose their touch with at least 50% of their fan support. I would not see a Pixar film if it was not family worthy.

The lady is very cladly dressed…and the creatures behind the man and next to John Carter didn’t look very child friendly at first sight.

If they could just edit the cover a little i might be able to see it. At the moment if they went by the cover i prabably wouldn’t be able to see it…”[/i]

So before I get banned, I’m done. Like you, I’m very much looking forward to Pixar’s upcoming releases, and we’re going to show WallE to my parents at Christmas, they loved Ratatouille last year.For more John Carter movie news, come on over to www.barsoomia.org . See you at the movies. - Blaze Guard signs out.

I haven’t read them, but they sound good. My only objection thus far is the scantily clad ladies. That is just not culturally viable in a matriarchy; it should be scantily clad gentlemen.

Plus I’m a robe and I’d like SOME female clothing to be there…

All I have to say is that I have complete faith in Andrew Stanton because he has never let us down. The only thing I’m worried about is the costumes. I really really hope they change those. Not only are they a little…revealing…but they are also kind of tacky. The cover of these books look like a bad manga. But I think I need to read this and see what I think of the inside.

Hm… I wonder who will be the actors and the actresses for this movie. :confused:

You know, the ‘imdb.com’ people suggest that John Carter is Josh Duhamel.
I suggest John Ratzenberger! ('course, I’m kidding. :laughing: )

You know, I was never a huge fan of sci-fi movies (as can be seen by my disliking of WALL-E), or those possessing the genre of mythology, for that matter, so either this one is going to be another big flop (for me) or it is impress me like no other sci-fi films had before.

I was a huge fan of the Alien and Predator series, ironically, but they are huge action packed movies with awesome plot lines; something Pixar would have to work on seeing their latest… ‘cute’ production.

Sci Fi Wire interviewed Andrew Stanton recently who confirmed John Carter of Mars will be done at Disney (as opposed to Pixar.)
He explains why: scifiwire.com/2009/01/wall-e-hel … f-mars.php

I was actually looking forward to a live action film, and a film of this genre to be done by Pixar, even though the action genre doesn’t interest me per se. It would have been a good chance for Pixar to push their image and what they can do in terms of range of stories. I wonder what made Pixar refer the project to Disney, or if even Andrew was going to direct it for Pixar at all. Maybe we all jumped to conclusions when he said he would be directing it and assumed he would be directing for Pixar.

So, Andrew will be directing, but other than that it will be a Disney film. Maybe Disney will be able to produce a good recent film for once. Guess this should be moved to the Disney section of the forum now. sigh

I’ll still see it, though, since Finding Nemo and WALL•E weren’t that bad. :wink:

So it was the fact that for it to be faithful to the original, it’d have to be a PG-13 type rating that convinced Stanton that John Carter of Mars would be better off at Disney than at Pixar? It’s a shame, but I can see what he’s getting at. It would’ve been nice to see Pixar do something like this, but by the sounds of what Andrew Stanton said, it’s not going to happen for a long while, if ever.

I’ll still probably see it, as it looks interesting, and with Stanton as a director, you can’t really go wrong. But a part of me thinks that perhaps the quality control that Pixar consistently maintains might not be as present with John Carter of Mars being in the hands of Disney. Hopefully Andrew Stanton can guide this project nonetheless.

Ok, I moved this to the Disney section now.

I never thoght on this as Pixar’s. I’m looking forward to it because I’ve seen some artwork done when this project was attached to John Favreau and it was just the kind of fantasy-space ambientation (Moebius, anyone?) that I love. Plus Mr Stanton is in so… :laughing:

I’m incredibly excited for this. Andrew Stanton can do no wrong, and Taylor Kitsch (Remy LeBeau to you X-Men fans) is one of the best actors on one of the best television shows, “Friday Night Lights” (he plays the ever so dirty, sexy, Riggins). In fact, “FNL” was my favorite primetime drama of the TV season this year, and, if you’ve visited the “What TV Shows Do You Watch” thread, you know that it was a tough competition.

It will be interesting to see how Stanton directs in the live-action format.

No one’s posted in this thread in over a year? Huh.

Well, the release date was June 8, 2012, but now it’s been moved up to March 9.
collider.com/frankenweenie-john- … tes/71312/

So now it’s directly against Ridley Scott’s sci-fi Prometheus

I am so pshyched for this movie! Sci Fi? I like! Andrew Stanton? I double like! I’m excited for a trailer.

Did I mention I’m a huge fan of Frank Frazetta and his imagery for JCoMN among others? (Probably explains why I’m a fan of Frank Cho as well)

I hope they incorporate some of the design elements (half-naked princesses and muscle-ripping superheroes) into the film adaptation. :mrgreen:

I second the muscle-ripping superheroes part!

Heheh, I’m gunning for the former. :wink:

Well, it won’t have to worry about Prometheus anymore. It got bumped to John Carter’s old date.
admin.boxofficemojo.com/schedule … ges&p=.htm

Andrew Stanton gave an interview with MTV
moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/01/31/jo … ew-staton/

He says he’s in “digital principal photography” through 2011.

Although I know next to nothing on this film, I’m really excited. I’m a fan of Andrew Stanton, and Edgar Rice Burroughs, Mars, Sci Fi, and Michael Giachinno. I can’t wait to learn more.

I am so happy to hear new things about this project, this interview made me feel even more excited, :smiley: :smiley: ,
I wonder know when we are going to have the first trailer, I hope it to be attached with Pirates 4 or Cars 2, at least a short teaser trailer, the full trailer will come with The Muppets, I guess,