One Man Band

Ah, welcome to Pixar Planet. And Yes, One Man Band does really make people so happy.

The music and story is amazing.

I played One Man Band at a family celebration once, and everyone loved it. They all liked the story 'cause they didn’t see the ending coming. My dad said the animation was suberb. =)

When I showed my family One man band, (those who haven’t seen Cars in theatres) they said that is was a really clever short. One of the best that Pixar has ever done. They thought it was funny, nice, intense, and witty.

I wonder
Can people really make such good music by themselves? That’s amazing if they can!

Well, i think it could be. If you can get a really clever invention that will play any/every note for you and it has a lot of instruments too.

If you remember the opening scene with Bert in Mary Poppins, he was playing his one-man instrument in his one man band.

JesusFreak- A guy actually came on this TV show called “Let Me Entertain You” the other day who was a one-man band! He was actually pretty good, but the audience voted him off before he had a chance to shine. :laughing:

I really loved One Man Band, I chuckled quite a bit. It

was fun to watch.

Let me ask you a question please Hatcat. Which of the One Man Band instruments did you

like the most?

TSS- I really don’t know. Let me try to think. :slight_smile:

We’ll if I could pick maybe it would be violins because it brought out the music :sunglasses:

I love One Man Band.

It made me want to cry when Tippy lost her coin, but it made me laugh that much harder when she stuck out her hand, demanding money from the musicians. :laughing:

-sheila

One Man Band was one of the funniest Pixar shorts I have ever seen. When I saw it before Cars, everyone in the theater was laughing. :laugh: The music was great, too. I think Treble is the better musician, but Bass’s jazz bit was my favorite. The music just kept getting better as it went along.

You can say that again. First it was a simple tune from Bass, then a rather enjoyable classical one from Treble. As the two combinesd, the music grew in enjoyment and intensity. I like how you can combine two separate orchestric sounds and blend them to one powerful tone.

Absolutely. Michael Giacchino is a genius! :slight_smile:

Well, that is pretty obvious, not only in OMB, but also w/ TI & Ratatouille

Totally. I loved the music in that short! I loved it so much I recorded most of it onto my MP3 player, which I probably said before. :slight_smile:

Intresting! I like the music, but I find it enjoyable to watch the short with the music than just the music itself. Still, it is really good, whatever way you listen to it.

iWish iHad an iPod. If iHad an iPod, iWould put tons (probably all) of Pixar music on it, and listen to it all day long. (Then I’d probably have quite a few Pixar dreams :stuck_out_tongue: )

I don’t have a ton of Pixar songs, but I did have OMB on it. THen everything on my pod got deleted, so I have to go get it again.

Sorry to get off of the music topic but what, if any, Pixar references are there in this short?