One Man Band

No, I don’t believe there are any Pixar references in One Man Band. But, of course, I could be totally wrong on that. I guess I’ll have to take a look back at the film again and find out.

I didnt catch any either and I’ve watched that short a zillion times. Granted though, I wasnt looking much at the backgrounds or anything.

I love this one. its so cute!

You can say that again. Any particular reason why you like it?

I love how they arranged the story for it and how they had it made. so awesome.

this is my all-time favorite short film, i sincerely loved it!

Amen to that TS2. What did you like about it? Or was it generally everything?

the music was brilliantly timed with the action, the charcters worked really well, and the story was always funny! Also, I loved how they made all the little things that the violin player had on his outfit!

I know. It is cool isn’t it? Makes me want to have an instrument like that.

Seriously? :open_mouth: It makes me want to have anything else, and to tip the one-man bands with a few hundred bucks. XD

Well, I was watching this short again and I saw my brother fingering out the stringed parts because he is a violinist. He has tried playing some of the One Man Band Music by ear.

This isn’t really a reference, but when I first saw One Man Band, it reminded me of the Tin Toy(=

And that is so awesome! I really wish I could play the violin, or any instrument for that matter! But yes, as TS2 mentioned the musical score was excellently arranged, complimenting the visuals very well. Michael Giacchino is legen-… wait for it… dary!

EDIT: Oh my goodness! I just noticed this whilst rewatching, that the pattern on the little girl’s dress is the Boundin’ sheep!! (sorry, not sure if this was posted before, but I just get excited when I notice these things!)

This is one of the best short films ever!

An insider told me a Pixar reference in One Man Band, on Tippy’s cloak you can see the sheep from Boundin’!

Really Martini? I never knew that.

Here it is:

Who’s that newly sheared sheep on the bottom of the screen (on Tippy’s cloak)? :wink:

Holy cow, I did not notice that. I always thought she wore a solid colored cloak with no designs on it.

I’m ba-ack!

That should be included in the thread about Definite Pixar In-Jokes list!

Welcome Back TS2!

bright-dot-daher: True, but the Pixar In-Joke list only compiles of stuff from featured films.