Pixar Summer Internship 2017

I keep seeing people say that their applicaton status is still pending, but I actually don’t know how to check that. How do I check my application status?

Hi guys!
Sort of stubbed upon this site. I applied to PUP this year, didn’t get even get a notification if my application was received. Which worries me, however based upon reading everything everyone has said. I’m thinking I was looking in the wrong place for my application status. Also I have a feeling I didn’t get in. I applied to the animation internship.

Congratulations to those who have gotten in! And that sucks to those who didn’t get in.
Quick question to those who have gotten in, do you live in California? I’m mostly asking,
because while digging for information it seemed like the people who have gotten the opportunity
in the past have all been from California, or at least UC Berkeley. I have found others who have
gotten in, but they didn’t post where the lived.

I don’t know what it’s been like in the past, but it doesn’t appear to be that way this year! I got in, and as I do live in California, I just recently moved. I still lived in Florida when I applied. Another person who got in lives in Hawaii, another in Michigan but is originally from another country, another is from the UK I believe. They haven’t sent us the full list of interns that got it yet so there are still a few we don’t know about yet so I don’t know where they live. It seems like they’re taking people from all over. I don’t know if they’ve told everyone yet or not but good luck!!

Oh man! So they’ve already taken on 4 interns it sounds like? Do you know how many anim interns they’re taking this year?

Yeah, there is also a 5th that is returning from last year. There should be a total of 8, so there are still 3 I’m not sure of! Anyone else on here get in??

Oh cool, returning? I didn’t know you could do the internship more than once! Awesome for them. I’m still waiting to hear! No word yet, still says “application received” for me…should be within the next few days though, I think? The twitter account for Pixar recruiting has said multiple times that all intern applicants will have an answer by email by the end of April.

The email is coming any day now!

Anyone heard anything? Sort of assuming I’m rejected at this point but still haven’t received an email and my app still says “application received”

Got contacted by both Pixar and Disney today. It looks like Pixar’s still working on some positions.

Did your app status change after Pixar contacted you? I’m just wondering why they are waiting to send rejections out until the very last minute!!

I was shortlisted by both which means they are still working on hiring :smiley:

Hi do you mind I ask what intern position u applied ? I applied art internship, still nothing

I applied for the archive internship and still haven’t heard anything. Is anyone familiar with the process for this specific internship? Since we don’t submit portfolios for review I would expect that they would have interviewed us to learn more about us by this point. Good luck to everyone!

Kinda strange that I haven’t heard anything yet. Today should’ve been the last day, Pixar isn’t open on weekends right?

Has anyone still not heard from Pixar yet??

I know a lot of people still haven’t heard :frowning:. What internship did you apply for? I know all positions have been filled for animation and I know other departments are going through interview processes, I’m not sure about all of them though.

I applied for the technical director Set Shading position. I hope they at least send a final word so the worrying can stop haha.

I still have not heard back about the archives internship yet, so I believe it’s safe to say that I can take that as a rejection.

Got a rejection email last week for archiving

I received my rejection letter today for the archives internship. Honestly, just relieved to have an answer one way or the other. I’m still very curious to know what specifically they were looking for with this internship given that it is not an artistic position. I’m wondering if they are wanting someone with some sort of first-hand experience. If someone on here gets the archive position I would love to hear from you!

Hope Everyone gets their letter soon.