The Dark Droid Trailer 2 [Reupload]

seriously, you made great videos. that’s all i can say coz i’m…speechless* <—which means good thing. :smiley:

Great job! I only just watched this newest one now, but I must say you’ve got great editing skills. I too spotted Zurg in there. Nice touch!

• C-3PO

wannabechef91: Thanks, I like ‘shutting people up’. In an impressed silence kinda way, I mean, aheheh. :slight_smile:

C-3PO: Thanks for the complies! Yeah, I think this may be the start of a new trend where I insert Pixar characters from other movies as ‘guest appearances.’ :wink:

Keep those comments coming! My next project will be another nonsense trailer mash-up (I alternate between serious trailer dubs and more non-sequitur YTPs) of the biggest blockbuster movie of the summer. All I can say is: Revenge will be sweet! :sunglasses:

I can’t wait for the newest trailers you will transform.

Because of some mysterious reason, I’m on dial-up till tomorrow, but will try to review your latest video then, thedriveintheatre! =)

Amazing! Is there anything you can’t do? I also love the addition of Zurg in there, I guess everybody is hyped up about the next Pixar filck :wink: I should probably comment on your vids more, since you do so much for me…sorry :blush: anyways, I can’t wait fro more!

My gosh, you just continue to out-do yourself. Even better (not to mention funnier) than The Dark Droid and Quantum of Bolt, this one. I especially loved that bit with Wall-E screaming after being picked up by the robotic arm. Also, nice slowmo shot of GO-4 flyin’ out of the window. Would look nice for a Watchmen parody. :stuck_out_tongue:

Again, terrific job, man. These are, honestly, some of the best videos I’ve seen on YouTube.

lol, nice choice of films there! They even have the same muted colour palette, too. At first I thought WALL-E may have been the terminator robots but, face it, he’s just too cute! The part with the window breaking was really funny. I thought you’d use the part when WALL-E breaks the window in the Repair Ward, but I like your choice better. Very nice syncing. There are several moments that sync up perfectly. The skull at the end was just genius! A+++++ will do business with again. :smiley:

Since you’ve successfully managed to create a pretty faithful tribute using only the footage from WALL-E (well, almost :wink:), have you ever thought about using all the Pixar films to create a video of some kind? I bet if you had all Pixar films at your disposal, you could faithfully re-create any other movie…

Can I make a suggestion for when you post trailer homages in the future? Would you be able to post the original trailer that you’re doing a take-off from so then I can watch the original trailer and compare? 'Cause then I don’t have to go on YT looking for the trailer, and most movies have 2 or more versions of trailers so they can be a bit hard to find.

Otherwise, keep up the great work!

Yeah, I did, and just the other week, in fact. But that one only has the red-eyed robot at the beginning, not all the way through, like with this new one!!! But sometimes it’s fun to be scared. Heh.

Nice videos there, thedriveintheater! They look really good and professional. Terminator: Salvation is not my particular favorite film, but I’m glad you’re still able to incorporate something that could lure me to watching its scenes. Keep up the good work and I hope to expect more good things from you.

Thanks for the comments, peeps! It’s feedback like these that are my ‘reward’ for the effort and for that, I’m, to quote the Pizza Planet aliens, “eternally grateful”! :smiley:

C-3PO: Transformulaic: Revenge of the Fanboy is now showing on my channel. :wink:

woody: Yeah, the inclusion of Zurg was probably subliminal influence having watched the latest TS3 teaser. :laughing: I thought he fitted the shot from the original trailer (Mr Bale firing a machine gun), so I ran with it. Glad you liked it, and no worries if you don’t comment as fast, I struggle most of the time to give feedback on others too, and it’s good enough you’re a regular! :slight_smile:

Rare Addict: I replied your comments on the Wall-E Forum, but I’ll say it again, thanks for the comments, and I’m really, really flattered by that last sentence (cos’ I’m not half as good as other editors out there who are more proficient with video effects, but I guess my precision editing makes up for it).

Rachel: Yeah, I guess they both share the same colour scheme… I basically implied in the opening shot of all the dead Wall-Es that they had been slain ‘Wallenators’. :wink: I was thinking of using that Repair Ward scene, but ultimately decided to go with GO-4 because his flight through the window matched the chair flung by Mr Worthington from the original trailer. Thanks for the compliment on the skull, one of my more inspired bits.

I have considered an omnibus tribute to a general theme (like ‘Romance’ or ‘Tragedy’ or ‘Comedy’) along with a couple of songs to match. Maybe when I have more time next long vacation (and once I have digital copies of all the movies) I’ll sit down and edit them together (but I’m gonna guess the project file will be massive if I import all of 'em! :shock). If you meant each Pixar film getting the mash-up treatment individually, I have also considered that as a goal. Right now I’ve already done Wall-E and The Incredibles. I’ve hinted at a possible Ratatouille and Cars trailer dub in my ‘Summer Sneak Peek’ video. :wink: I have an idea for Monsters Inc and Toy Story 2, but as for the rest I have no clue.

Good idea on the trailer comparisons. I think I know how to do a ‘split-screen’ in Sony Vegas, but I’ll need time to try it out. I’ve seen oyguvaltshappy, one of my favourite mash-up artists, done it before, so I think it’s an excellent idea to work on.

Gemini: Yeah, I figured it’s probably third on my list of all the films, just above Rise of the Machines, but it’s an okay action flick. Thanks for the compliments, and it’s nice to know I’ve garnered another fan! :smiley:

For members who were around last year, you’d be glad to know that “The Dark 'C*ck” has just been reuploaded to celebrate the one-year anniversary of The Dark Knight’s theatrical release today (wow, it’s already been 12 months since this magnificent piece of cinema came out)! And it’s now in widescreen and available in High Quality option!

If this is the first time you’re watching it, this is the first of my trailer mashes in the “Where’s Wall-E” series, so keep an eye out for his cameo!

The Dark 'C*ck Cameo

OH B•HAVE!

WALL•E may be the most swingin’ trash-bot of his time back in the 2100s (in fact, he’s the only surviving one), but when he encounters another female of his kind 700 years later, he’s about to discover mankind has become less sexier and more boring. Tasked to stop a mad megalomaniacal machine named Dr Auto, he must show the world how life can be a whole lot more groovier with just a little more Mojo, baby!

Back last year when I released my most popular music video “Wall-E: You Know My Name”, a Pixar Planet forum member suggested I do one to the Austin Powers theme song. I thought it a fantastic idea, but shelved it aside to concentrate on more pressing fanwork. But upon realising her birthday was coming up, I figured this would be as good an occasion as any to try my hand at an MV sycnhed to an instrumental with no lyrics. Needless to say, it was the fastest MV I have ever done (in three nights) and the most fun. Here’s my interpretation of Wall-E and Eve’s romantic journey to one of my favourite numbers from Quincy Jones, Soul Bossa Nova.

Soul-Bot Is Eva

Thanks for watching, and if you, dear viewer, liked this, you might want to subscribe to my channel for more Pixar and animated-film related goodness! :wink:

great work TDIT, really fun vid! dances

The timing in the whole thing is really nifty, you’ve got a knack for vids, keep it up!

Dude, that was one of the coolest fan made videos I’ve ever seen! Everything was just about perfect. The way that the video and sound went together was great!
Can’t wait to see more! :smiley:

And also, I subscribed to your account on youtube. I’m outsidetheblocks

Good work! You’ve really mastered the ability to sync actions to cues in the music, which makes a composition feel more unified as a whole.

I do have a little critique, however. I really think you ought to experiment with transitions a little. It works sometimes to have no transition between clips, but sometimes a big jump in colors and scenery can be really uncomfortable without some sort of fade, however slight. There was a little of it in the beginning of the musical section and it worked very well.

But as always, I was pretty impressed. Thumbs up!

Hehe, a reaction vid, I might have to do one of the trailer since I cant see the movie now, or me listening to Up With End Credits, I go insane!

I agree with Castoro, his vids are a bit better, but mostly because of how diverse the transitions are. I loved this video, really clever, and hilarious.

Thanks for the compliments, ffdude1906! I’m glad you like it! Soul Bossa Nova is one of my favourite opening themes of all time and was perfect for the Austin Powers film series. :slight_smile:

Thanks mo! I make an effort to get the timing down to the 1/30th of a second (is that a millisecond? It’s the smallest division available on iMovie, I think that’s practically each frame of the movie). And thanks for the sub!

Thanks for the constructive criticisms Castoro Chiaro (nice alliteration). I see what you mean by the constant cutting being a bit jarring, but I went with that because of the staccato tempo of the main chorus. In the more relaxed bits when the trombone were playing, I returned to the fade-in/fade-outs to emphasize the pacing (watch the part where Wall-E journeys from the Earth to the Axiom). But I’m glad you liked the beginning, I used the fade ins/outs here too just to set up the scene. I’ll take your advice though for future MVs, just to create a little variety. I’m very thankful for your suggestions for improvement, as I appreciate those more than praises, really. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome, I thought Soul Bossa Nova sounded like a cheeky song, and when juxtaposed against Wall-E’s clumsy antics to impress Eve, should make for a hilarious MV, so I’m glad of the outcome! The MV took me three nights (the quickest I’ve ever done for one!) and a little over the weekend to get it out on time.

I’ve seen reaction videos for the Beverly HIlls Chihuahua trailer, some of them were really funny (and not to mention the girl who cried watching Wall-E’s). It’s up to you and your sis, if you’re both comfortable with it, and the vid can provoke the same reaction as it did the first time (which would prove that it works even on repeat viewings! :stuck_out_tongue:), then go ahead and post a response vid. I’m very flattered by your sis’ comments, so please thank her for me. And thanks for the Fave!

Woah, a new favourite? Aw, shucks! :blush:

“YOQUERIO TACO BELL!”

In honour of the passing of Gidget, the famous Taco Bell chihuahua, here’s the reupload of the last of my classic mash-up trailers in the “Where’s Wall-E” series. Read the synopsis below, and enjoy!

Chloe, a pampered pooch from the most overrated neighbourhood in the U.S.A., finds herself lost in the mean streets of Mehico, where she meets an assortment of Latino stereotypes from other movies (including a trio who suspiciously sound like Cheech Marin). Her not-so-secret-admirer, Papi, embarks on an Incredible Journey to rescue his one true love. If only he can stop endorsing a certain fast-food chain that sells tacos first…

Keep an eye out for a Ratatouille cameo, as well as other various Disney dog flicks and Latino movies! And Cheech Marin fans will get the running joke throughout this trailer!

Beverly Hills Ninja Cop Chiwhawhat reupload

Your Soul-Bot Is Eva vid is really well done! Your editing is just wonderful, everything syncs to the music/sound really well!

I also enjoyed watching your Beverly Hills Ninja Cop Chiwhawhat mash up! Very fun!

Thank for your kind comments, Hannahmation. I’m super-duper happy you like 'em. :smiley:

Wow! :laughing:

I can’t believe I never got around to watching the Austin Powers/Wall•E mash-up until now! That was great! Spot on editing as usual.

Edit: Been out of the loop for awhile now I guess - I just saw your Transformulaic: Revenge of the Fanboy trailer. I have got to say, it had tons of great moments in it, but Bumblebee with Put on Your Sunday Clothes is just PRICELESS!

I also watched a bunch of others… your sneak peek for your upcoming Summer videos, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen TV Spot - 'I’m So Excited", Mission: Incredible, Pixar vs. Dreamworks, and Wallenator Salvation again. They’re all great.

• C-3PO

Your creative ideas, sense of humor, and impressive editing strikes again! :smiley:
What do I have to say about Soul-Bot Is Eva? First of all, it’s a hysterical crossover, unforgettably fun to watch! 8D Second, wow, the clips just went with it so well in sync! I never would’ve thought of that kind of video! It just impressed me even more with your work (did I phrase that right…?)

As for Beverly Hills Cop Ninja Chiwawhat- oh, man, where do I start with this mashup? Well, I’m glad you reuploaded it! It’s soooo funny! :laugh: All those cameos actually made sense with the trailer at the same time they were random! The added clips at very, very first glance seemed like they popped outta nowhere- but in no time flat, you see how they tied in with the trailer! I don’t know how to explain it, but I hope you get what I meant. :wink: The Spongebob, Oliver and Company, and Bolt cameos were the most funny, in my opinion. Stupendous way of pointing out how the film isn’t the most original.

Sorry for the late comments, thedriveintheatre!