The Dark Droid Trailer 2 [Reupload]

That was quite funny, especially the [spoil]action movie cliche of having three takes of the same explosion. Mia and Tia as Dalmation dogs, that was cute.[/spoil] I hope they end up releasing these on DVD at some point.

Just a heads up, you are allowed to post links to videos on Pixar Planet, but I think these particular videos are not allowed in the Fandom section because you didn’t make it yourself. Sorry if I sound bossy, I just don’t want you to get in trouble. They used to be pretty strict on what you can and can’t post in the Fandom section, not so much now, but you never know… But you can always just leave it here and see if any mods ask you to move it.

I really appreciate you uploading this CT episode, though - I have never seen that one before. And I’m looking forward to the rest of the Cars Toons, too!

Glad you enjoyed it, TSS! It’s good knowing that I’m spreading publicity for these shorts! Have you watched them before?

I noticed that movie cliche, Rachel! I loved that 70s cop vibe to it too, the music and Mater’s fire-truck intro were funky!
I thought about the fact that this wasn’t my work after I submitted the post, and I thought of doing a commentary or my own introduction to the viewer before I played the short, but I wanted to get this out of the way before I leave my next vacation to Penang, so due to my time constraints, I was unable to add my own opinions to it. I may do it for future Pixar shorts if I post them, though. I made sure to acknowledge the awesome creators of this short in the forum post and the video description, though. :wink:
And no, you don’t sound bossy, I truly appreciate your concern. I think I’ll continue to post and ‘advertise’ the rest of the vids, and if one of the mods request me to remove the forum posts, I’d gladly comply without resistance. I just like writing ‘marketing speak’, if you get what I mean.

So folks, here’s the next episode. Here’s my ‘official’ promotional blurb:

"
The web of deception continues in “Mater the Greater”, the second installment in Mater’s Tall Tales Weekend!
Mater recalls his glory days as a stunt car to a disbelieving McQueen. From car jumps to flaming hoops to high-diving, there’s nothing this daredevil will dare not do. But for his latest performance, he has pulled Lightning along into the ultimate feat. Will the tow-truck’s sidekick make it out alive from his greatest death-defying act ever? Or will this final leap of faith be his last?

Brace yourselves, cos’ McQueen is about to find out that action does indeed speak louder than words!
"

I have only seen 2 of Pixar Cartoons TDIT. I haven’t seen the Mater and the Firetruck before. Cool and funny idea though.

Mater’s fattest fib and final fake fable has been told in the concluding episode to Mater’s Tall Tales Weekend! Are you ready to cheer for the one and only El Materdor?

The rusty tow truck remembers his legendary days as Spain’s most-loved bulldozer fighter in front of a skeptical Lightning McQueen. But in his most epic duel with the dozers, he will have to team up with his best friend in a literal fight to the death. Will our intrepid hero emerge victorious, or will this be his last match in the ring? Irregardless of the outcome, Lightning is about to discover that when it comes to Mater’s strange stories, they’re definitely no bull!

Thanks for watching everybody! I feel great knowing I’ve provided an alternative means for others who don’t have access to the Disney Channel in their home countries. Kudos must also go to the sources I’ve taken the videos from: Peanut5Boy, maximoose96, and pdas1996. If you have anything to say about any of the videos on my channel (especially my fan-made ones), please leave your comments here!

I have seen the El Materdor one before. That one was funny. Its proof that red racing cars and bulss do not mix well together.

Interesting! I’ll have to try and remember to watch those when I get the chance!

That Mater the Greater episode was quite good. Probably my most favourite out of all of them (except for Tokyo Mater) of which I haven’t seen yet. I liked the [spoil]buck teeth the were selling[/spoil] and also how in every episode Lightning McQueen was supposedly there when the action was happening but he can never remember what happened. I’ve said this before, but hopefully they will release these all on DVD so we can see them in high quality. Knowing Disney, they probably will. Nice idea to promote these videos, TDIT.

TSS: I agree wholeheartedly with that statement!

lennonluvr9: Thanks! They’re awesome, huh?

rachelcakes1985: I liked Mater the Greater too for its Evil Knievel references. I was disappointed they didn’t show Tokyo Mater before Bolt like they’re now doing in the U.S. I’m now hoping someone posts it on YT, cos’ I don’t have cable and hence Disney Channel. Anyway, Mater the Greater is also the most mysterious episode because [spoil]Mater mentions that Lightning “never made it”, when obviously he was standing alive next to him![/spoil] It’s contradictory statements like this that makes Mater’s adventures all the more intriguing! I hope they get a DVD release too. :slight_smile:

Anyway, new video posted everyone! I was thinking of creating a seperate thread in the Non-Pixar Fanwork category, but seeing as it features WALL-E quite extensively, I consider it valid for submission here, if no one objects. Check out the official “press release”:

This Christmas, The Drive-In Theatre is proud to bring you the return of the improved version of the most popular video on its channel: The Ultimate 2008 Summer Movies Music Video Improved!

Back in August, it was removed after a copyright claim by a major studio. But now the Manager thinks otherwise, as he has not used any footage not found in any publicly-released trailers of any of the films featured. Furthermore, the Original version was untouched for some reason. Therefore, he is rereleasing this and would like to remind uptight studio bigwigs that none of the footage contained in this video is bootleg, and that all are from the trailers available to the general public. The Drive-In Theatre does not seek to gain monetary profit from this video, and that this is an honest fan tribute and should instead be seen as added publicity for the films featured. The Theatre did not create or own any of the films and characters, and that these are the sole property of the studios and filmmakers who made them.

All that aside, enjoy the video!

Here’s the Improved Version.

And here’s the Original Version.

And try to spot the edits! It helps to watch the Original first. There’s only two of them, one of them of which the Manager had wished he used in the Original version, because in his opinion, it matches the lyrics perfectly! Let’s just say that it involves a certain Pixar movie. :wink:

Comments both in this thread and on YT much appreciated, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Very nice!

By re-releasing the trailer, it was good to look back on the movies that were highly anticipated, and to see which ones lived up to the hype. By far, my favourite moment was the one from Get Smart, which was a good break from the action sequences, but those were good, too! And “Don’t tell monkey” was my favourite quote out of the whole of Kung Fu Panda, and it made for a great way to end on a funny and upbeat note.

As for the differences between the original and the updated trailer… I would have rathered you kept the Indiana Jones theme at the beginning, only because I love that theme, but if I were to take my own biased opinion out of the equation, I have to admit that having more of the Junior/Senior song (nice choice of music by the way, they used to use it on Channel 10 when promoting their TV shows) really made a difference with the theme of it, and made the video flow better. You know how I love when you match what is on screen to the lyrics, well, my favourite moment was the “Hello, Dolly!” one! Ha-ha!

My only constructive criticism would be to make the video about half as long, maybe by cutting out a few versus of the song… Maybe that’s because I prefer to watch videos that are short and sweet. But other than that, I can’t think of anything I didn’t like about the video. Really great work, as usual!

Aw, snap! :open_mouth: rachelcake’s comments made me realise that I’ve posted the wrong link to the Original Version! The correct link is below. The mistaken link was to the trailer promoting the music video before its release, kinda like a film’s trailer. So there’s three videos:

Trailer (Released 15 May)

Original Version (Released 23 May)

Improved Version (Rereleased 25 December)

Sorry for the mess-up. Hence, why the first video was missing my usual music video ID tag that was in the second one, and the release date at the end. Sorry for the mess-up. If you haven’t watched the Original Version, there’s only two differences between that and the Improved Version (spoiler-tagged in case you want to discover them yourself):
[spoil]

1:25-1:26 Mamma Mia dancing - Pineapple Express car jump
1:54-1:55 Joker “I like that” - Wall-E watching Hello Dolly[/spoil]

So that was the wrong video you watched for the ‘Original Version’ link, Rachel! :stuck_out_tongue: But since you commented on the trailer, I’ll respond to it anyway.

I also liked the awkward breaks (Iron Man crash landing, “Element of Surprise”, “Don’t tell Monkey”), I noticed that trend in romantic/comedy trailers, and emulated that.

Not my favourite, (That would be:
Shifu: “You’re free to eat.”
Po: “Am I?”
Shifu: “Are you?”) but one of the funniest lines in the movie.

I actually first heard that song in the 2nd Rush Hour 3 trailer. Ever since then, I looked for the title and was glad to find out it was by the same people who did “Move Your Feet”. When Channel Ten later used Hip Hop A Lula as their theme song, I was delighted! :smiley:

That was one of my favourite bits too, along with the Joker clapping. [spoil]It was one of my edits from the Original Version, I didn’t know why I didn’t see the connection earlier, and it was too good to pass up.[/spoil]

Unfortunately, that constructive criticism is moot, because of the wrong link as explained above. So the two videos served different purposes, the trailer was supposed to commemorate Indy’s release, hence the use of “The Raider’s March” and ending with a hint of the song to be used in the actual music video. The music video itself (both the Original and Improved Version) was as long as the combined track-time 4 minutes+ of both “Hello” and “Hip Hop A Lula” from the album.

Anyway, thank you for the detailed review, Rachel! Again, sorry for the blunder, I’ve corrected the link in the earlier post. I really appreciate your critiques, and you’re one of the reviewers I look forward to reading. :smiley:

Anyone else care to comment? I’m open to suggestions for improvements. And be sure to watch it in High Quality! :wink:

Not bad; far from what I had expected. I had actually thought it was just going to be an amateur mesh of three movies; Get Smart, Kung Fu Panda, and WALL-E, but that was due to me not having to read the posts properly, which was because I was not really interested in the video in the first place (I’ve been skipping this thread for a while). It is nothing personal (even if you were one of the people who referred to me as ‘Dragon’ instead of ‘Flare’ that which I hinted as my actual name in my introductory post :-\), it is just that

1. it has too long a name,
  2. the terns, ‘Music Video’ meshed up with 'sum-up of the greatest movies of ‘08’ - doesn’t sound good, and
  3. ‘sum up’ would had sounded better than ‘original,’ but okay, since it is done in a music video format, granted.

If you want people to read something, you have to get them interested in reading it, especially the seemingly unreasonable jerks like me because we are the kind of viewers that gets the Tomato rating down to a good 96% for WALL-E… though I was not involved in that rating, BTW. Don’t come and hunt me down with your torches and forks. :P But yeah, impressing all is actually more important than impressing the people you hope to impress.

However, compared to your past videos which I browsed through, it was not too bad. I just did not really like the font used in the original vid; it looked kinda unprofessional. For a ‘blockbuster’ mesh up, I was hoping to see something that had seemed to be done by Jerry Bruckheimer, but maybe your improved video would be better, so, alright.

I like how you include scenes of the not well-known blockbuster hits but nonetheless great movies that deserve their credits. If I am going to put together a sum-up of '08’s greatest blockbuster hits (and I’m not using ‘greatest’ because I like them, but great because they are worthy of big-screen viewing), I would probably be a little biased and not reference those films in it. Hence, an aspect quite remarkable, I would say.

Speed Racer? Okay, maybe your music video was just a composition of ‘shows people were dying to see,’ but Speed Racer is definitely not one of the better films of '08. Not only in my opinion, but also in the opinions of many credited movie critics. It was a rather mediocre adaptation that is better off left in the anime. So, when I saw scenes from that film in your vid, a mixture of disgust and disappointment was in my gut… Not sure which one is it, but I am sorry to inform you of that. 36% on the Rotten Tomatoes rating; go check it out.

Also, I couldn’t be biased towards this, because I had never watched the anime and was, thus, never interested in both the animated series and the live action movie adaptation.

Here should be the part where you realize how tough I am when it comes to being a critic. I take my job very seriously. :)

Another complain I have. Maybe it is just my taste, but the song… Seriously, dude, for a blockbuster mesh-up, you could had picked a better tune. I mean, what is with the '80s Jazzy kind of song? It just felt out of place. We are talking about a music video showing the greatest movies of 2008, man! Go to YouTube and do a search on Immediate Music; they have great scores for trailers, and maybe even music videos, too, if you are lucky.

I like the manner you sync the lyrics with the scenes, though. Although it was not mind-blowing, it was nonetheless a good piece of music that might suit your purpose. Again, might be just personal taste, but if I was to choose, you could had used a song like Linkin Park’s "What I’ve Done." ;) It at least had a little more kick to it, though insufficient for striking the hearts of action blockbuster lovers (yeah, I know; turns out that all ‘blockbuster movies’ nowadays have something to do with the ‘action’ genre).

I lol’d when I saw a scene from Mama Mia. This is becoming less of a honorary for good movies.

lol Okay, I can’t watch any longer from 2:48. God, this just doesn’t suit me. However, the point I am going to make next is positively, undeniably my personal taste - it has nothing to do with the quality of your video - The Joker. You just kind of cheesi-fied him, which is, I could pretty say, the nightmare of all fans of The Joker from the DC comic book; not those who haven’t really got to know what The Joker is like in the pages, though.

I mean, with the clapping, twirling, and his erm, I don’t know what to call it, ‘zip-zapping,’ is it? :lol: You know, the part where he made those noises…

But, anyway, I think your video editing skills are definitely, doubtlessly over the top excellent. I mean, it was fantastic how you paid such close attention to the minor details, but it was ironic how you paid little attention to the minor audience, as in the few who might not enjoy the video as much as those comedy lovers.

You know how it goes down: There are CGI lovers, action lovers, sci-fi lovers, and then there are those who would most definitely enjoy your video, the comedy lovers, as mentioned. Me, being more of a CGI/action lover, I actually prefer more of the ‘holy crap, that’s freaking awesome’ music, and the ‘OMG, that didn’t just happen’ CGI graphics, like those used in Micheal’s summer blockbuster hit Transformers.

Man, if only that was made in 2008; I could use that for my summer blockbuster mesh-up… :-\

Anyway, don’t take this too personally; I just don’t enjoy videos with a tad of decrease in the pace. It was a bit jazzy and cool, kinda like my favorite Autobot, Jazz (who Micheal so cruelly got Mega-I-look-like-an-arachnid-tron to tear into halves), so, putting my biasness and personal taste aside, I rate this half of the video (in which the other half I just couldn’t bear to watch… unfortunately) 8.2/10.

I deducted some points because it was a strange mesh-up, putting blockbuster hits with a music score bearing retrospect, but you know how we humans are - we could never really take in anything that is weird and bizarre when we first encounter it, that is why I am still one of the skeptics who does not believe that WALL-E (which is another weird mesh-up of sci-fi and musical, light-hearted romance) is one of the most awesome movies of 2008.

But, yeah, go to the commentary for that; you will find a very important point at the part where the passengers of AXIOM were sliding to the side due to the tilting of the ship.

Aside from all that, the great choreography, organization, and the synchronization of the clips really made your video shine. However, because all your videos already have those aspects, you need to do better if you ever want to impress this tough critic. Go action sometime, will ya? :P Comedy’s great, but just once in a while, driveintheater; I want to keep my adrenaline pumping. ;)

Oh, and yes, you read it correctly just now when I talked about Transformers made in 2008; I [i:2ozy4xfj]am[/i:2ozy4xfj] going to put up a sum-up of the greatest movies of '08. It was an inspiration given to me when I saw this thread, so I guess I have you to thank for that. I have a bit of experience in video editing, but because of my interest in awesome, over-the-top trailers and movies of action blockbuster elements, you could expect this to be pretty hard-hitting.

Sorry to advertise, but, just so you could check it out in the future as well. ;)
Till then, sorry for my stringency,
[b:2ozy4xfj]- Flare, Not Dragon ;)[/b:2ozy4xfj]

Sorry for the wrong term of address, Flare. :wink:
Anyway, I didn’t mind your criticisms so much, because you explained why you didn’t like the stylistic choices I made and you balanced it out with compliments.

To address your concerns:

1. I did realise it had a long name, but decided to leave it anyway to attract curious viewers.
  2. Yeah, I realised I should have something like “Music Video Featuring Some of the…”
  3. What I meant by ‘Original’ was the first version I posted before I realise I could make two edits, which were present in Improved. Could you quote where I said “sum-up”, cos’ I’m a little hazy…

I had a promotional blurb. Any way you could suggest I make it more enticing? :slight_smile:

You can’t please everyone. :wink:

Thanks! I try to get less popular films that I deem worthy enough some exposure. Any publicity is good publicity!

I haven’t watched the movie, but in retrospect, it wasn’t exactly critically-acclaimed. Be aware though, I made both the Original and Improved version back before its theatrical release, so I had no idea of its cinematic merit, you see.

That’s good. I like suggestions to improve as much as the usual “Oh, that’s so great and awesome and all that” compliments, which are ego-boosters, but don’t really drive me to improve as much as constructive criticisms.

I know that trailer music studio, love their music. But I wasn’t exactly going for an epic action feel, but more of a fun, light-hearted catchy kinda rhythm.

I could have, but it would be more difficult to synch films in other genres like romance and comedy to the lyrics. Hip Hop A Lula was general enough to make it easy to encompass all film genres.

It’s a cheesy, but sweet film. Bear in mind “Greatest Films” is relative, and these are only my opinions of such movies. It doesn’t have to be a blockbuster to be great.

Aw, I’m disappointed. There’s a nice bit featuring Wall-E’s vignettes and the ‘grand finale’ towards the end. :frowning:

That’s the point. It’s suppose to be so unexpected, it becomes funny (and I’m a huge Joker fan, too. But that doesn’t mean I don’t take the Mickey out of him every now and then. Why so serious? :wink:)

Anyway, the rest of your comments are about your different tastes, so I respect that. I thank you for your kudos as well as your critiques, and I appreciate the 8.2 score, as I’m aware you’re more of the ‘epic-action-guy’ time. Different strokes for different blokes, I say.

If you’ve heard of X-Ray Dog, I did a trailer to Wall-E that should be right up your alley. It’s to “Forgotten World”, featured in Blood Diamond’s trailer. Here’s a LINK.

If you like your music a little faster and louder, you could check out “2007 in Film”. Similar in concept to this one, except it features not only summer movies, but throughout the entire year, and to Republica’ “Ready to Go”, which is more ‘rockish’.

Again, thanks for the lengthy review. Much appreciate it. :sunglasses:

…I just have one thing to say about WALL·E Trailer “Forgotten World”… that, was spectacularly amazing. Now that, that is quality action for the ‘epic’ lovers. :laughing:

However (here comes the bad guy side of me :stuck_out_tongue:), there are some nitpicks, but this time, just two points.

1) Stagnant Scenes
I am not exactly sure what to call this flaw, but, I felt that the scene where you had M-O appearing again after the words, ‘Hang On’ was unnecessary. See, you could had added that before the two words appeared, because a scene (of any trailers) that stay too long at one part of the film decreases the rate of heartbeat; or, in other words, it slows down the adrenaline’s pace.

But, because at the next scene, you had EVE firing her cannon at the boulder… god, the whole epic-ness just returned, it just recoiled my slipping heart all the way, doi! Back to the peak of awesomeness. :laughing: Really nicely done, thedriveintheater.

Now, let me go and watch 2007 in Film and see if I could control my heart rate just enough to watch the entire vid before I go into a cardiac arrest. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, going to pause here at 0:49 to point out something.

First of all, NICE. The whole song kicking up just barely half a minute into the video, though still a little slow, but it was worth waiting for. Not bad with the helicopter destruction scene from Live Free And Die Hard, but, here comes the point: Devastator crashing into the bus.

It was a nitpick. You know how the rhythm goes like, dem dem dem, pause, dem, dem, dem, right? Well, at the pause part, Devastator (poorly portrayed by Micheal Bay, IMO) had already smashed himself into the bus, which would had worked better if he did that during one of the ‘dems;’ might had actually stopped my heart and we all have to call it a day for the viewing of your vid. :stuck_out_tongue:

But let’s continue.

Okay, at 1:22, Robert Epps (the African American soldier (or, even less insultingly if the retraction of the word, “black” was not enough, the Air Force Technical Sergeant in Transformers) had too little screen-time for that part, so little that he just skipped past my eyes. It would had worked if it was done because of the fast-pace music, but done so because of fitting in for the lyrics, “I’m black”? C’mon, thedriveintheater, as if we need another Civil War. :stuck_out_tongue: I might have heard wrong, but if so, the ‘blacks’ could have as easily ‘hear it wrongly,’ too. :wink:

Moving on.

Grindhouse?! No way. lol Dang, dude, that is like, an R-rated film. xD Nice; that was a great movie, and it received great reviews, too.

Okay, just finished watching it, and I have to say, overall, the whole song was still a little slow, even with those ‘dem, dem, dem’ moments added in (which kinda gets old as the video proceeds on). I almost yawned at one point somewhere after the first half of the video went by.

However, great effort, but not as good as your WALL·E Trailer “Forgotten World”. I really applaud your effort for putting in scenes from ‘overly mature’ features, though. I mean, 28 Weeks Later was nowhere any better than its predecessor, but it was a good gore fest.

Good videos, both of them, and I shall be looking forward to your future productions, as I hope you would towards my upcoming ‘2008 Sum-up.’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the detailed reviews, Flare.

Sorry I’ll have to disagree with you on that one. Before “Hang On”, Wall-E introduces himself to M-O, and I felt it necessary to follow that up with M-O’s reciprocation. But I see what you mean by it slowing the pace a little.

If you meant after 1:33, yeah, I liked that part too. Most action trailers show a quick-cutting montage to the climax of the trailer music before the title card, and I try to follow that.

I agree with you on that. It was my very first video, and my editing skills were not tightened up and I was still a rookie at this. Thanks for the suggestion!

You did. Google the lyrics. It’s “I’m back.” And besides, if you had noticed, I synched “I’m back” to Jack Sparrow (I’m sure you can see why), which came before Mr Epps. Then “Yeah” was matched to Mr Epps’ “Bring It!” because it looked like a good lip-synch. Watch and listen carefully to it again. :wink:

As for Grindhouse and 28 Weeks Later, again, I try to encompass as many movies from a wide range of genres, and to consider not only my personal opinion, but critical acclaim as well. And like you, I too, have watched both films and have enjoyed them thoroughly.

2007 in Film was my very first personal video editing project, and although it may not be good as “Forgotten World” in your opinion, I’m equally proud of it. Just to put it in perspective, 2007 in Film was a stop-and-start project that lasted almost a year. Wall-E’s “Forgotten World” was done in 1-2 weeks.

Can’t wait! :sunglasses: I’m sure you’ll do a great job. Be sure to let me know of your YT channel if you have one up.

No, I definitely heard ‘back’ synchronizing with Robert’s scene; I trust my ears. :wink: But, of course, I would respect that you trust your work as I hope you would respect my trust for my senses. :slight_smile:

Pardon me for pointing out the irony. :stuck_out_tongue: But, like I said, it was just a bit long and dreadful; other than its length, it was great enough to keep me hooked on the video. :wink:

The Ominous Realm

Enjoy. :wink:

It’s finally here! Man, I’ve had a really nerve-wrecking weekend (check The Wall of Prayers for more details, I’m not going to elaborate and thankfully it’s over). Sorry if I’m not keeping up with the posting dates as promised (I’m already glad I got this in before Thursday’s Oscar nominations, but I don’t foresee the same for the 2nd trailer, of which I haven’t started yet :stuck_out_tongue:). I may be a little sluggish in the sig-creations too, I’m a little caught up in brushing my mastery of other programs besides measly iMovie for my course, as well as my hunt for an internship, but I’ll try my best to get them up as soon as possible.

Exhale So, anyway, here’s the usual effort to synch the footage as best as possible to the trailer audio (I even got the timing of the cuts and transitions of the original trailer down to the lowest time increment, which is like 1/30th of a second! Obsessed much? :wink: ). Here’s the promo prose:

WELCOME TO A LOVE WITHOUT RULES.

From the maker of Quantum of Bolt, comes a mash-up of the two greatest pop-culture phenomenons of 2008. When the binocular-eyed crusader against crime, Wall-E arrives on the Axiom, he discovers a self-sustaining metropolis of apathy and greed. Although he has been quite successful in his quest against sloth and lack of real human interaction, it comes at the cost of his robotic girlfriend Eve, who is now with the Captain of the ship. His attempts to change the lazy humans and their unquestioning robot servants with the help of Hygiene Commissioner M-O and District Attorney B. McCrea results in the rise of a dangerous and dominating robot called AUTO. The autopilot’s inability to deviate from his directive and to achieve his purpose at all costs makes him Wall-E’s most challenging adversary yet. When the ruthless robot stages a mutiny and seizes control of the Axiom, it is up to the Dark Droid to put an end to the steering wheel’s seven centuries reign of terror once and for all.

CAST (in order of appearance):

WALL-E - The Batman
Captain McCrea - Harvey Dent
AUTO - The Joker
M-O - James Gordon
Hal - Alfred Pennyworth
EVE - Rachel Dawes
VN-GO - Lucius Fox

The night is darkest just before the dawn… and I promise you… Trailer 2 is coming!

The Dark Droid Trailer 1

thedriveintheatre - Puh-ha!! This is great. I watched your first mash-up trailer for The Dark Droid and I thought that it was hilarious. I can’t wait for the second!

Hal is Alfred Pennyworth. Pfff. :laughing:

– Mitch

I never figured WALL-E as a dark action movie, but you pulled it off once again. I like the choice of portraying AUTO as the Joker. Really nicely done.

Wow. The editing is perfect. This is an amazing mash-up. This is one of the closest editing jobs I have seen on a trailer like this. It really works.

When I watched that it kind of reminded me of this: pixarplanet.com/blog/toy-storyth … up#comment

That’s the only other time I’ve seen such a close-cut editing job for something like this.

Great job!

• C-3PO

I never knew that WALL•E was so action-packed till I saw how you took certain clips out of context and used them in this trailer. I can see the similarities between The Joker and AUTO now, even though one could argue that AUTO wasn’t being unpredictable, he was just fulfilling his directing by any means necessary. But that was really good. Your editing skills are excellent in this, as usual, and the scenes you picked were perfect.

My constructive criticism would be to have less black screens with only the audio over the top, or if you are going to have it, only have one of those segments. But other than that, it was a short, sharp and shiny (and darkly humorous) mash-up. My favourite part was the syncing up to the Axiom tipping over. I also like the Dark Droid logo you made - that’s really cute.

Looking forward to trailer 2! =)