The Definitive Pixar In-Jokes List

That doll’s head reminds more of Boo…

Also, sorry for not updating this list, lately. I’ll try to soon.

Maybe someone has already discovered, but …
I now see the Wall-E and the first time he will see the video in the Ipod, the baton of Carl (UP) appears.

I also saw that there was a whale hidden in the background on the wall of the restaurant.

Is that maybe forshadowing for their next film Finding Nemo? Since they added other hints at Nemo in this film, I think it might be plausible.

What do you guys think?

Btw Rachael, awesome job on that list! I would have NEVER EVER caught those things without you telling me. Some of those things I had to take a double take at with the pictures in front of me! marvelous job! :smiley:

The noise of the door on WALL-E’s truck when it closes is the same as the machine that pushes Mr. Incredible into the flight pod (when he gets stuck).

Well hi all - I’m a newbie.

Here’s one I just found last night.

There is a shadow of Dug in Ratatouille:

Hmmm… it doesn’t seem to want to embed. Here’s the link (I uploaded the shot to pixar.wikia about an hour ago.)
pixar.wikia.com/wiki/File:Cameo_dug_rata2E.JPG

Also I found Karl’s walking stick and the unicycle from Red’s Dream in WALL-E. I haven’t made a screenshot yet, but they are at the moment when WALL-E falls from the ceiling, and are both to WALL-E’s left.

Karl’s walking stick is also visible behind the IPOD when WALL-E first pulls the magnifying screen across (it’s upside and you can see the tennis ball feet).

Also in WALL-E: the snowman from Knick Knack peers out from behind a pile of stuff on a shelf in the truck. I forgot to note EXACTLY where it was, but it’s a shot where EVE is the main focus of the shot. I’ll make a screenshot of that one too.

Also is there an UP thread yet?
Here’s are some references in an UP trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Sj_pzmdTKic

At 0:56 the Pizza Planet truck is visible at left.
At 1:01 the Luxo Jr Ball is visible at lower right

Thanks so much for those, Manning. The list needs a major update, so I really need to get adding them in soon. I’ll credit you for sure.

Here’s the thread you’re looking for: Up Pixar References

A few in-jokes from the trailer are also mentioned in this thread if you want to read what we found already: Up Gets a New Trailer!!!

Ah, thanks for that. I’m still trying to find my way around. Finding this thread was VERY difficult to be honest and it took me nearly 20 minutes of digging around.
“Fandom” didn’t seem like an obvious location.

As a suggestion, on the main forum index, where it says:

Fandom
Are you a talented fan of Pixar? Show off your skills here!

That could be changed to:

Fandom
Are you a talented fan of Pixar? Have you written some fan-fiction or made a video? Are you a Pixar detective who has found an “in-joke” or secret reference? Show off your skills here!

Just a thought.

Has anyone found the Luxo Ball in WALL-E yet? I’m convinced it must be there.

This thread was originally in the “Feature Film” section, but because this list also contains short film references and it’s also a fan project, it got moved to the “Fandom” section.

No Luxo ball comes to mind in WALL-E, but there is the Luxo Jr lamp. :slight_smile:

I always thought that the lamp in Wall E was designed differently from the lamp from Luxo Jr.

I figured this was obvious but I didn’t see it anywhere. I’m sorry if it has already been suggested!

In Monsters Inc. when Randall is practicing his camoflaug, Andy’s wall paper is pulled down.

Huh, I can’t believe that wasn’t already on the list. Thanks, dport4.

I didn’t notice that either. Nice find dport4. Welcome to Pixar Planet.

Awesome topic, rachelcakes! I had no idea even half of those in-jokes existed! Makes me want to go back through my movies and watch 'em all.

I’m surprised no one’s caught this yet; this was the first thing I thought of when I saw Cars. Flo to the type of car that Al drives in Toy Story 2.

The scribbles… A house… Up?

OMG those scribbles are so well hidden! I think it potentially could be the house from Up

It does look like a house to me, but I can’t work out if those are balloons because there’s something covering it. Does anyone have a Blu-Ray drive in their computer and a BR copy of Ratatouille and could provide a 100% size screencap from that scene, please?

Today when watching WALL-E, I discovered an Easter egg that I’m pretty sure no one discovered yet on this site.
During the scene when WALL-E is chasing the red markers from the ship that is landing, the camera will show various locations of the area, such as buildings, and a dried up area where water once was. Well if you look in the dried up area (It’s evident when there’s ships sitting there), you can see the same buoy that Nigel and his pelican friends hung out by in Finding Nemo on the bank of the dried lagoon.

Also, should we probably start on an Up section for Easter eggs soon?

Thanks for that in-joke, Disney_Guy. I have never heard it before, so I’ll check if it is in WALL-E.

We already have a thread for in-jokes in Up (Up Pixar References) but I’m not posting them on the list till the DVD is released in the US.

I actually edited in a snapshot of the buoy with my digital cam. :wink:
It’s rather poor quality, but you can make out where the buoy is:

If someone can get a better quality screen shot of it, that would be great.

Wow, that’s cool. Thanks. I’ve been meaning to update this list and will try to this week since I have some time between episodes of RP. I’ve got quite a list of never-before known references, I bet. :smiley: