things that freaked you out as a kid

Ever had a sneak attack while using a toilet that flushes itself?

Off the top of my head, this scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. That and the one where [spoil]Doom gets flattened by a steamroller.[/spoil]

What freaked me out as a kid was the little lid thingy used to pull a matress of my parents’ bed. I have no idea, I thought it looked weird or something!
And the Chain Chomps from the old Super Nintendo game Yoshi’s Island for some reason. Might have mentioned that before.

Now I’m freaked out over calling other people over the telephone, and writing down people’s names. Sounds weird? I know. I don’t think things got better for me at all…

They just do! They’re really just big gross insects, the wings are deceitful.

Yes, Yes, Yes. That still gives me nightmares.

ellie-jessie-eve: I am wondering how your other fear (which you posted before butterflies) originated…

Let me guess: The guy in Terminator also being the “Governator” (I’ve been talking about that Arnold guy lately–I do have a Christmas special with him in it and it’s called Jingle All the Way.) Anyway, that was his famous role for being an actor; however, I would not want to see it.

Now for another thing that freak me out:
Years ago, I got stung in the foot by a bee. And I had to hop on one foot all the way to the creek (which is next to my yard) and into a tiny pond (created by erosion) to get it off. Then Mom had to remove the stinger and apply a special kind of ointment.

I have no idea of the origination of the fear! I’m sure it’s some sub-conscience mumbo jumbo.

What’s a sub-conscience mumbo-jumbo? (A delusion of some sort…?)

The scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit when Judge Doom dips that shoe. Still feels very unsettling to watch to this day.

No, like an event in the past that I’ve forgotten about, which subconsciencly causes fear to this day.

Yeah, that’s nightmare inducing for sure.

I’m just saying, as indicated by your posts on here, it all seems strange but true in your case. That is why I’ve gotten curious over what happened to you…and apparently, you don’t appear to have a specific reason for how it originated. Why?!

The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Nightmare Before Christmas. When I was little they both made me feel so uncomfortable and I didn’t know why! Now they’re some of my favorites.

Mom keeps telling me she’s been freaked out by crows because of that “Birds” movie.

She has every right to be scared. That movie is terrifying. I was raised in Sonoma County. Birds takes place in a coastal town in Sonoma County. So it’s for me during that movie. There’s a scene where they say, “The Birds have taken over Sebastopol and Santa Rosa, all is destroyed we’ve lost contact.” And I’m like, “Oh Dear God!!! I went to college in Santa Rosa! My town’s next!”

Your mother is right to fear crows. They’re actually INCREDIBLY intelligent creatures. They can recognize and remember human faces. This is unique, and frightening. Crows are regardless amongst my favorite birds.

Oh man those movies are creepy. All the best Disney movies are though! (Like my personal favorite, Pinocchio)

And crows are scavengers because they help keep our roads clean by eating roadkill (animals that have been run over).

When I was little, we went to this gift store that had this little baby alligator/crocodile, and I thought it was real, so I was scared to go near it.

It might have been real. I still don’t know to this day. It was about a foot long or so.

^Was it in a tank/enclosure?

…No. :open_mouth:

It was probably fake if it didn’t have a cage of some kind.

I was scared of escalators because one time I sat down on one, and of course at the top it tried to eat my shorts. I can use them now, but whenever I see one I feel nervous.

I’m not scared of escalators, but I am wary of elevators.

Is it because some people get stuck in an elevator when it suddenly stops working between 2 different floors?