things that freaked you out as a kid

Blood…I hate blood…

I’m a haemophobia Type 3. Which is the serious one, everytime I see blood, I’ll pass out.

GULP!

^ Thats not good! lol blood makes me nauseous too though. its gross. It just needs to stay inside the body and its all good lol

Then you would hate to be in my place. Our garden is like a Holiday Inn for huge spiders. And my school has them crawling all over in the bushes.

Well, probably you’re Type 1. :open_mouth:

I remember being too scared to watch the part of Fantasia with Chernabog. I’ve never watched that part all the way through. And now I’ve trained myself to stand slightly darker animated films so I’ve got to see that part now.

I was also freaked about about Snow White and the Seven Dwarves when I first watched it as a little kid, you know, when the evil queen goes to this creepy place with skeletons and rotteness everywhere and drinks that disgusting potion to disguise herself as the old hag.

And I used to be scared of watching Hercules because of the Hydra, the Fates, and the Pit of Souls. Now I’m not even close to scared of those anymore.

Yes, I notice they’re all Classic Disney. Go figure.

The scene in The Little Mermaid, when Triton destroys the statue of Eric. I’m not kidding. He was so angry, and their faces were red. Used to make me not liek that movie.

Oh, and speaking of The Little Mermaid, the song Poor Unfortunate Souls was creepy to me! You wanna know something weird? I used to listen to The Little Mermaid EVERY NIGHT before going to bed, and apparently I always coincidentally fell asleep in the middle of THAT PARTICULAR song. Then I got nightmares in the middle of the night. I still remember one that involved an evil Peter Pan and a glowing red-eyed pegasus…sounds funny now but I know it was freakier than what first comes to mind.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: OMG!!! That surprised me! Every time I see that ugly face I jump at it! To be honest though, he used to scare me everytime I went to see a movie in late 2004 (that includes “The Incredibles”). I remember when I went to see (the terrible) Shrek 2 (for the second time :angry: … for my aunt and uncle :smiley: ), we were walking down this hallway filled with those cardboard stand-ups and, when I saw the Seed Of Chucky family portrait stand-up, I litterally ran to the lobby as fast as I could and I hid behind some table in the lobby and cried :blush: . But, hey! How would you like it if you had this guy staring at your face with his emo wife! :open_mouth: I don’t have a pic of it, but, hopefully, somebody does, because it was recently on Craigslist, but left b4 I could save it and show it :slight_smile: . I realized now, there was a hole carved out, where you can be Chucky’s son! :laughing: lol!

Also, the main trailer for Disney’s “Flubber” (which was on several of my Disney VHS’, which I still have!) used to scare the **** out of me (sorry for the language), especially that ending Mexican-type music! God, it’s still weird to this day! It made me never want to watch the film…until a few weeks ago! :wink:

Here’s the link to it: [url]- YouTube

Any loud noise. When I was a baby my mom told me I’d cry whenever she sneezed. And in Elementary school I was terrified of Fire Drills! Plus the dark was pretty creepy.

To say the truth, the dark still scares me (I do it to myself tho’ not on purpose tho) I always picture demons and scary faces appearing in the mirrors and windows. Why? I really havent the slightest clue.

Right now, the only thing I’m really that “scared” of is going to hell when I die. Kinda dark, but it’s honestly the only thing I’m freaked out about.

Youngsters. :wink:

I was young when Poltergeist first came out. That movie did a number on me! I didn’t have a fear of the dark before seeing that movie, but afterwards I was afraid of the dark for years. :cry:

Specific moments that stood out:

• After the large group of people try to talk to Carol-Anne in the TV, she says someone else is coming. They lose contact, hear something very heavy moving upstairs, then there’s a loud growling noise coming from the room they’re in. An immense blast of noise and wind knocks everyone down and puts out the lamps. This is still an extremely effective scene, especially on a good sound system.

[spoiler]* The energy creature that blocks Dianne’s entry into the kids’ room at the end. It was filmed underwater and then optically overlaid on film, giving it’s hair and movements a weird, floating effect. I found a picture of it: otherkidspacklunch.com/Windo … _thumb.jpg

• The end where the closet is destroyed and all that is left is a glowing pit with the vortex pulling everyone in. It doesn’t look like a mouth, but it is a giant static maw built into the house… with a tongue. That freaked me out. I had nightmares about one of those things appearing in my room.[/spoiler]

There are lots of other scary moments in the film ([spoil]the evil tree, the clown attack, the dead bodies in the swimming pool, the guy shredding his own face[/spoil]), but those are the ones that really stuck with me. It was also masterfully written (by Spielburg) and directed (by Spielburg and Tobe Hooper) and features one of the very best soundtracks I’ve heard (Jerry Goldsmith) and effects that still hold up… well, it’s one of my favorites. An all-time classic.

Two other movies I saw at a too-young age that freaked me out: Scanners and The Thing. The latter of which is also a classic. The summer of '82 was a good time for movies! E.T. got too much credit. :wink:

I was,like,5 when the first Spider Man movie came out and my mom and dad bought the DVD and put it in for me to watch. And as soon as I saw The Green Goblin’s mask,I freaked.

annarborjack, that reminds me, when I was little I went on this Spiderman ride and the moment Spiderman popped on our windshield in 3-D, I freaked. I closed my eyes the whole time and missed the action, but I heard it and got a little wet in my hair from something…

why’d you have to post a picture of that doll. Dx

I hate Chuckie; That stupid Seed of Chuckie teaser trailer scarred me for life.
Stupid fetus with Chuckie’s face.

editted by TSS: Keep it PG please.

haha this topic title just reminded me there of my friend who after seeing Aladdin as a kid was scared to go to the bathroom incase Jafar came out of the toilet :laughing:

XD i thought only shark movies had that effect on people

I remember my dad had this thing were it was a witch face on it and if you pressed a button its eyes would glow up and it would say “he he he,Happy Halloween” and it scared the crap out of me. And my dad had this raccoon statue and I was afraid that it would jump one me. I remember when I went to see Elf my mom said “Your getting better with your fear of that raccoon statue” I said “Yeah.” But the raccoon scene ruined it.

Because, Chao, he’s really creepy! :smiling_imp: (By the way, please don’t swear on the forums, even if the doll is very creepy) Yeah, I remember during the time in between the Yu-Gi-Oh! movie and SpongeBob movie, I used to see the trailers for SEED OF CHUCKY and, man, my brother pestered me by taping those ads!!! The teaser I remember differently, and my brother told me that it went into this dark house, went into, a room, and then Chucky’s head turned around, but I watched it recently and Chucky’s laugh is actually not too scary! By the way…

…I found it!!!

Yep, here’s the infamous standee that really did scare me back in 2004. (Thanks to some random horror movie site, which I forgot the name of…) To be honest, now that I look at it, Chucky looks very funny in this picture. :laughing: I mean, look at him, he looks happy and is smiling. Matter of fact, I would probably love to be their son (the hole punch-out on it)! :laughing: Ha lol! Sorry, Chao! :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to be scared of the part in Monsters Inc. where Boo screamed and the electricity was going crazy. But I love the movie now. There was also an old cartoon on a video we rented that had a girl hugging her bear and the stuffing came out of it. I remember running into the kitchen and grabbing my mother’s legs because I was so scared. And the baby head in Toy Story kinda creeped me out.

As a kid i was afraid of a tv commercial where two girls go skinny dipping and they go underwater and after that they cant come out and they die. it doesnt sound too scary right now :blush: but when i was a child that freaked me out.

coolest villian look EVER. is scary and cool at the same time.

I used to be scared if I left my closet door open at night when I was little. It wasn’t monsters that scared me - it was my clothes. I would have recurring nightmares of my sweaters flying out of the closet and eating me. :open_mouth: I’m not kidding!