Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

The photo’s of TSC Rex but the name and the description say it’s Big Roarin’ Rex, who’s like a plushie with a plastic head.

Hello everyone. I’ve been lurking here for months, checking back for updates on the latest merch, and now I’ve finally registered.

My main toy story collection is a 3 3/4 inch scale collection which I’ve cobbled together from a number of different lines, which I’ll post pics of shortly. But I also own most of the TSC toys. My most recent purchases were Buttercup, Dolly and Mr PP, which I picked up for $AU30 each. Very good bargain.

And today I finally purchased the Ken and Barbie Hawaiian Vacation pack. I would have bought that one a lot sooner if I had realised that Ken has a new head sculpt. He has such a better likeness now.

Anyway, I hope to be a more active part of this community now that I’ve registered. What a great forum this is :smiley:

^^^^

Did you get the Ken and Barbie two-pack from Target? I think they have 30% off all “Toy Story” branded merchandise for the next four days (Australian Target stores - sorry US/UK/other TSC fans).

As they’ve recently gotten in new stock of TSC Woody, Jessie, Buzz and Bullseye (in addition to TSC Mr Prickle Pants, Buttercup and Dolly), it might be a good time to expand your collection.

They had the special on a few days ago here in Canberra. That’s when I got the 3 for $30 each. But everything was back to it’s original price today. All the sale stickers had been removed, and everything was scanning at full-price, so I guess that sale has finished.

The only TSC toys I’m missing now are RC and Utility Belt Buzz, neither of which I’m really desperate to buy. I’ve been lucky enough to find all the other ones at retail over the last year and a half (very glad I bought Rex when I saw him).

Is there a thread for the Mattel action figures somewhere? I’d love to post some pics of my collection, but this thread probably isn’t the best place for them :question:

So many new Australian members, yay!

^The closest thing we have to a Mattel thread is the Toy Story Replicas one, it’s a general Toy Story toy topic for anything other than TSC or TSC-esque.

Attn: Aussies

Here’s the Target flyer with the 30% off all Toy Story toys:

target.com.au/enewsletters/2 … 1press.htm

Sadly that flyer is only from Australia :cry:

But I finally found my barbie and ken hawaiian vacation, ken does have a very nice head sculpt. :smiley:

Yeah I honestly think this head sculpt is way better then the Animal Lovin Ken Sculpt now if only I could find the original Animal Lovin Ken clothes I’d be all set.

Aw man. I just bought pricklepants and dolly at target, one day before the sale started. $40 each

^^^^

Target (Australia) offer “no questions asked” refunds. You could purchase another Prickle Pants and Dolly for 30% off and then return your existing Prickle Pants and Dolly for a full refund.

Hi guys, just a post in case this helps anyone out. Went to Cheltenham today (UK) and in the Entertainer they had a few Buttercups, one Mr Pricklepants, a few Bucket O Soldiers and a couple of Woody and Jessie. Unfortunately no Rex though.

Yeah, that’s a good idea.

The sculpt on the Vacation set is the same as the “made for each other” set, right?

I bought the Vacation set for, but the Ken hair colour is far to dark although I like the sculpt a little more than the original Animal Lovin’ Ken. How hard for them to use the right damn colour?? Never thought that kinda thing would have bothered me just under a year ago when I started collecting these toys. haha

The made for each other set just had horrible clothes as well so Im displaying the original Animal Lovin’ Ken and Hawaiian Barbie with original great shape clothes which I snagged cheap on eBay. Neither are really good enough, but are the best likenesses available imo. My vacation Ken is kinda surplass…not sure I have a need for him, although I do kinda like the vacation clothes. Maybe I’ll try “colouring” his hair 8D

^^^^

I think Ken’s head-sculpt in the “Hawaiian Vacation” and “Made for Each Other” sets are identical, although there were a significant number of “Made for Each Other” sets that were released with the “modern” Ken head-sculpt that looks nothing like “Ken” in Toy Story 3.

That is true i remember buying a Made for each other set with the “modern” head and i returned it. I went yesterday to my local ToysRUs and I bought my self a Vacation Set for it has the right Ken head. and then hope to get just the clothes of the original Ken and Barbie.

I bought my TSC PricklePants from Amazon UK and I just cant wait to get it already. Going to go to Ikea to get a display case :0)
Im going crazy with Dolly and Buttercup. For some reason Amazon Uk wont ship them to the US and the prices have gone down and up so many times lol. i wanna snag these when they go DOWN lol

Wow, I just realized that I have the modern day ken sculpt, this stinks now I am going have to force myself to spend money on a barbie again, how did I miss that :frowning:

They were £5 the other day! :open_mouth:

aw That does suck. good thing is Get the Vacation Set and youd have both sets of clothes for them both!! just walk into the ToysRus Go to the Barbie section go to check out and when u pay say “you think my little sister would like this? shes 5” lol

Oh i know :0( I know