Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Wait, what I did I miss? there were new non TSC (but using the same sculpts) potatoheads at the fair? are these for sure going to be released, or checking interest? Was there a Mrs too? Doom said potatoes, plural, but I’m not sure if he means both Mr and Mrs or just referring to all of them. (as in just Mr)

just picked up the thinkway sparks for 24 bucks and he looks accurate just missing a few perks from the film now i have chunk and sparks they had a twitch but i didnt take him since the tsc one was at the toy fair and i dont wanna buy him twice

Interestingly enough, my local Kmarts only stock Chunk and Sparks…maybe they had some inside info on Twitch?

Wow, I also would have thought Stinky Pete and Zurg would be two of the most popular ones to add in a third wave line up and to finish out that movies main characters in the TSC line. Ham is also a main character they have been missing and it would have been a great addition to the TSC line up.

I think going straight to the third movie is to take advantage of the current release of movies to toys on a timely manner, but a mistake in the view of collectors of this particular line. Instead of getting all of the line of TSC, I will probably just go for ones I want as the inconsistency of line ups to the shows produced is somewhat weak with this third release wave. I would have thought and hoped they would complete the main characters from the first and second movies and start diving into the third movie. Sad to see that it seems marketing to the latest movie (potential monies) is more important than keeping the TSC line up in order with the characters as they developed in order to the franchise series ( what the collectors have been asking for).

I think that disconnect from the collector base may bite them more for this TSC line than they gave credit for.

haha mayb they did slink idk tho u might get some in but late cause i go to k mart alot since my 18 yr old cousin works there and everytime i went for about a month all i would see was chunk and a few sparks and then mayb about a week ago alot of twitch started showing up and less chunk so idk weird tho

Check ur pms please :slight_smile:

Doomseeker,

The Mrs Potatohead you saw…was it a much improved one than the current “best” one on the market…even if it dosnt have seperate eyes, does it at least look somewhat like the on screen version…the current one SUCKS

Kyle, I did indeed see the new potato’s (Mr and Mrs) The key differences that I saw, bearing in mind that the angle I saw them at wasn’t particularly clear, included new mouths - teeth, lips and black centre, new legs - seperate but connected to a base that the potato sits in, Couldn’t see the eyes properly so can’t really comment on if they have been seperated or not. The key thing I would sasy is that the Mrs I saw looked nothing like the TS version, no hat (actually I’m sure it had a blonde pony tail!)did have the red handbag though.
Hasbro’s stand was a much more guarded and secretive afair than Vivid’s and not quite as easy to see product (did manage to catch a glimpse of the new Star Wars Republica Attack Ship - man that thing is big!)

So we shouldn’t get excited about the Mrs one since its not even trying to be the Toy Story version?
But the Mr. p is? Basically a TSC version just without electronics (presumably)?

So she kind of looked like this?

…damn. Maybe the Potato Heads will come with a bunch of different parts including the TS ones?

That image isn’t too far away from what I saw, I think Hasbro have tried to replicate elements of the TS Mr and Mrs but at a very budget price point. I wonder if the reason that a TSC Mrs hasn’t happened is down to poor sales of the MR, he was reduced quite quickly???

You sure they were new then and not just these?

kimmyshop.com/toy-story-3-mr … -head.html
kimmyshop.com/category/toy-s … -head.html

No, they were different, different mouths and legs

Is there a picture of the potato heads ??

I don’t know what to do. My Buzz’s stickers are kind of peeling a little bit on the corners or sides of the stickers. Is there any way I can get new stickers because I don’t think it would matter in my pictures of my collection but it really bothers me that I always have to look at it like that :unamused: . Please help.

There have been no pictures of anything toy story related from this event yet. pics weren’t even allowed. they did allow video though. but alas those haven’t been found yet either.

I am back after a long break, and I gotta say, I am extremely disappointed. Im just going to say I hate this new layout. There, I got it out of my chest, now for the real issues:

The TSC wave 3. I’m not sure if this guy is telling the truth, but honestly, this news is a severe dissappointment to all Toy Story Fans. This is quite possibly the worst line up I have ever seen. The only one I might get is Mr. Pricklepants, and only for less than $20.

But seriously, Buttercup, Big Baby, and TWITCH?! Big Baby would have been cool, but I am not paying $50 for a clean, regular baby doll that only makes baby sounds. I can get the exact same thing for 10 dollers. What am I paying an extra 40 for, the box?

And Twitch. My god. Sure, some of us were disappointed that the regular Twitch didn’t come with his staff. What else? He was perfect scale, and looked really good. I dont know what this new Twitch is going to do that the other one can’t. Move his arms around? Say one of his two lines in the entire film?
I don’t know a single person, collector or average person, that would have rather gotten another Twitch rather than a Hamm, or Zurg, or even a Mrs. Potato Head.

Speaking of Mrs., what’s her problem? Was there not enough demand for her? I hope this Doomseeker saw wrong and that the Hasbro Mrs. doesnt have blond hair, but actually looks like her movie self.

Actually, I hope he saw everything wrong and only confused Twitch, Buttercup, Big Baby, Hawaiian gang for TSC Zurg, Mrs., Hamm, Bo Peep, ect!

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that Stinky Pete is one of the characters that everyone seems to want? The same Stinky Pete who, within the movie universe didn’t sell well. The one who was the bad guy because no one wanted ever wanted him.

And now collectors would kill to get a Stinky Pete the same way Al obsessed over finding a Woody doll. I’m not the only one to see this right? :laughing:

haha, in our universe, Stinky Pete is Woody. He’s the one hooking up with Bo while Woody watches the Sheep.

It never really made sense that woody was rare in the first place, being the star of the show he was in they would have made the most of him over everyone else. Pete could have been considered an annoying character and been a shelf warmer of sorts. which is probably why they don’t want to produce them in real life, they don’t think he would sell very well.

anyway, I don’t want to doubt doomseeker, but it does seem suspicious that I haven’t been able to find anyone/anything to back his claims in the least. Ive been searching twitter, google, youtube, collector sites, there’s no sign of anything he mentioned. Usually things leak from all sorts of sources.