Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Just got an email this afternoon from Vivid Imagination, the UK distributor of the Toy Story Collection toys, and they said this:

“We have not been informed yet of any new figures that are to be released, but should know by about June as to which ones will be released for the summer collection.”

So looks like we have to wait until the Summer to find out.

They havent gotten confirmation? Than what does this mean about what Doomseeker saw?

Idk what it means i guess the ones Doomseeker said he saw might of been ditched and they are selecting diff characters.On to something else i need some ones opinion on these peas i can get them for 30 bucks and they are better then the DS Peas and its my only choice since i cant get my hands on any of the nice looking sets japan has.Here are the Peas i am interested in…

amazon.com/Toy-Story-Peas-Pl … 92&sr=1-10

I would get them, they don’t look bad at all. :slight_smile:

They look great, I would get them if I was you.

And regarding the new additions, it seems odd that we’ve only heard from Doomseeker about the new toys and nowhere else. Surely if they were shown at the London Toy Fair, photos and articles would be all over the internet, but there’s nothing anywhere apart from the 1/2 sites briefly saying what Doomseeker saw. But they’re not very reliable sites and just Q&A forums.

Plus it would surprise me if Thinkway produced those 5 toys and then scrapped them. I’m not saying what Doomseeker is wrong because I don’t want to cause an argument but I’m just going to wait until I hear the official confirmation with photos before I get my hopes up.

On the other hand I’m sort of happy and disappointed by the proposed new additions because although Mr. Pricklepants, Buttercup, Dolly, Twitch and Big Baby are great characters and would be great toys to have, they’re much more vital toys that they need to release. Such as Prospector, Zurg, Hamm, Slinky, or Mrs. Potato Head.

I just really hope that they keep producing these toys until the majority of the toys are made. Would be great to see the definitive collection of the greatest toy film ever made complete.

Doomseeker says we’re getting a Zurg, just not in the collection. You’re like the millionth person to just ignore this entirely, and there are very good arguments as to why Prospector and Mrs. P aren’t being made.

I was wondering if anyone could make me a Chunk and Sparks COA?Need one since i got the Thinkway versions of them i held off on twitch since he may be in TSC.I would make the COA’S myself but i have no talent in photoshop. :blush:

Yeah I know he mentioned that, but I was just saying it would be good to see him in the TSC as well because they’d be different. The TSC version would be cheaper, not programmable and it would be a toy just like in the film.

Where have you seen/heard these arguments then?

And I’m only saying they should be made based on the fact that it would be great to see all of Andy’s toys released and for the Round Up gang to be complete. I’m saying this as a fan of Toy Story and the TSC, not as a toy manufacturer or salesman.

For Stinky Pete they would have to track down and pay Kelsey Grammar, or a suitable soundalike to do the voice. It would be a lot of effort for a character that most young kids don’t want, parents won’t be likely to buy for them, and which non-fans probably don’t consider very important.

Mrs. P would have all the same problems that Mr. P had, and would have to pay licensing costs to Hasbro. Mr. P also didn’t sell well, I think we heard, so his wife isn’t likely to sell any better.

Slinky is also a licensing issue, I don’t think Poof-slink wants to hand over the rights.

I want a Hamm as much as the next guy, but Thinkway already tried to make him, and it didn’t work out. Its not worth it for them to try this again.

And you aren’t looking at it like a manufacturer, which is how you have to look at things to understand the choices that Thinkway has to make with the product they are putting out.

Yeah I understand and that all makes sense. I suppose it’s just a matter of waiting until they do release the line up for wave 3 now. Wish it would be sooner rather than later as I’m itching to find out for certain. But I’d still be really happy with the toys that Doomseeker mentioned that he saw.

Im happy with whatever toys are in wave 3 because in the end Thinkway makes high quality stuff i just want to know who is in it and then my quest begins to hunt down the toys once they are released. :laughing:

Im seeing all of these toys in stock again locally. Except Rex, that is. And he is he last thinkway toy i need to have them all. Urgh.

I am seeing all the toys stocked locally just like oreo so it looks like there is still hope for anyone trying to start collecting now.Only one not being stocked is Rex who i am missing.Rex is 300 bucks on amazon yowzaaaaaaaaa!

Maybe disney store will start restocking rex?

Chunk:

Sparks:

Click on the pictures to get them full sized, the screen was going to warp something chronic if I put them in.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah I agree with YouAreAToy, the toys that Thinkway make are brilliant quality and even though there are a few inaccuracies they’re still great. I think I will make a big order on all the toys as soon as they are released! That’s what I’ve done in the past and it’s like having a second Christmas :smiley:

But I’ve got to say Rex is absolutely brilliant! Highly highly recommend getting him if you can. Definitely worth the money and he’s just amazing to have in your hands because he’s so realistic and the texture of the plastic is brilliant.

Just searched for a Rex on Ebay.co.uk and they seem to only be shipping from Israel and China which is a shame for people who haven’t got it. Haha just seen one for £1.99 from Tel-Aviv but postage is £140 8D

Also guys, if any of you want the Hamm piggy bank that is to scale with the TSC toys from the Disney Store, it’s now available again on DS.com

disneystore.com/disney-store … ailsAnchor

Ordered mine yesterday after a heads up on the Replicas forum. Probably the cheapest way for a Brit to get one at £25ish delivered. :slight_smile:

Yeah definitely, this is great news seeing as they were in high demand. I’m sort of annoyed that I paid quite a bit of money for mine from the US because it was so rare at the time. But now more are appearing on Ebay and now it’s on the DS obviously.

But on the other hand, it wasn’t guaranteed for it to be re-released so I could have missed out. Sort of want another now seeing as it’s so cheap haha :slight_smile: