Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

I might check out my local Disney Store when I’m at the mall, thanks for the news.

Anyone get any new/updated photos of their Toy Story collection for all of us to see? :slight_smile:

I’ve been putting $10 per week aside wave 3 (when it eventually does arrive) so I can go ahead and buy them all online direct from the US.
Dr. Porkchop, I’d post pictures, but all my toys are scattered everywhere, I’m trying to get shelving installed in my bedroom so they can all go up there together, but at the moment a third of them are throughout my bookcase, another third are on my chest of drawers and the rest are on my desk.

flickr.com/photos/48893248@N03/

Draik that’s a good idea. I’ve just been making sure that I have about £200 spare for the release date. Being a student I should really use the money on trying to stay alive but these Toys are more important :slight_smile:

And Oreo that’s a really impressive collection. I do hope they release TSC versions of Chunk, Sparks and Twitch (I know Twitch is apparently being made) as then I won’t need to search Ebay for the DS versions when they’re sold out in stores.

I noticed a few TSC boxes on the lower shelf, are they another copy of the toy kept for collection or are they just stored there from the toys on the shelves?

Also I really like your Disney Store Exclusive Replica Lumiere Candelabra :smiley:

I went ahead and arranged them all together, I’m a little surprised they all fit on top of my chest of drawers.

I’m holding off on Twitch, Chunk and Sparks because 1. They’ll cost me roughly $70 each to buy and ship, and 2. They’ll probably be included in wave 3.
My next ‘acquisition’ will be Lotso, nobody seems to have him in-store anymore so I guess I’ll be going to eBay. $100ish for him. :confused:

^^^^

I’ve seen the odd Lotso show up in Big W and I think Myer stores every now and again. It’s normally just a single Lotso sitting on the shelf, so it’s not “new” stock - maybe just returns or cancelled lay-buys?

And as an aside, forum member Slink helped me out with the Thinkway Twitch, Chunk and Sparks and I’m very happy with the figures.

Cheers.

Im glad you like it! The boxes are just the ones belongign to the toys on display. And yeah, that Lumiere is one of my prized collection pieces! Very limited and very cool!

While it’s not a huge savings compared to what you said you’ve found on eBay, Amazon has a merchant listed that is selling him for only $68.99 with $5.99 shipping. Not a really big difference, but every little bit counts right? :slight_smile:

Nice collection, I’ll get a photo of my collection when I’m back home in Easter.

I understand you’re point. I wanted to get Twitch, Chunk and Sparks from the Disney Store but waiting until wave 3 is confirmed before I purchase them or not.

Does anyone think Thinkway will bother making a TSC version of Peas-in-a-Pod?

I highly doubt that, the peas just doint have enough value for the line. In fact, I’d be suprised if we saw the henchman especially Chunk.

Thanks, yeah that’s what I thought. At the end of the day they’re just three peas in a pod and are a plush toy. Plus there’s a perfectly good replica in the DS now for not much money. So will probably purchase it at some point.

I’m just now noticing that you included Totoro in your collection as well! Hey, does anyone know if they’ve actually made any Toy Story-brand Totoros, or if you have to buy similar-looking brands?

I’ve just done a few searches on the internet and can’t seem to find a Totoro toy, let alone a Toy Story brand one, maybe something to see in future waves once they’ve done the more major characters :slight_smile:

I bought my Totoro from the beNippon website, he was $60 plus $30 postage. The website’s been closed down temporarily because of the Japanese nuclear crisis though. If you want to go prowling on the internet for one on another site, it’s the 16 inch dark grey large version.
I tried Amazon for Lotso, they don’t seem to want to ship anything to Australia anymore. :
I was pretty excited when I found my old Etch-a-Sketch, I thought I’d given it away years ago.

There is a large Japanese shopping district in my area. I’ll definitely have to try looking for one there.

Hey guys as you know I’m from the uk, but thanks for my dads permission, I ordered my Hamm bank off the USA Disney store !!! Im soo happy after I get it I will post a picture of my collection once I get the Hamm.

I got my girls their Totoro on ebay. I just did a search for Totoro plush.

Does any one know where I could get a rex he’s the last one I need for wave one besides r.c. who i see al the time at my local target.

I know how ya feel due, I cant find rex anywhere and he’s also the last i need. I’ll keep ya posted if you keep me poted :slight_smile: