Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Hey All! First Time Reader - Long Time Drooler :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Have finally given up trawlin’ through Disney & W & TRU and everywhere else and decieded to complete my collection on Ebay and the only Rex is in the UK and won’t ship abroad!

(ebay.co.uk/itm/Toy-Story-Col … 2c5ecf269b)

Anyone else got any ideas?? :bulb:

I hope this info might be useful to you

This is a korean TSC Rex imported by Mimiworld in korea. They have impoted some TSC toys such as Woody, jessie and REX in korean packaging.

This is basically a same rex as the english one but in korean packaging.

its not like he would speak korean or anything he would still be in english but just korean packaging. and certificate of authencity will be in korean too.

Now, even in korea these TSC toys are running super low quantities as the toy story 3 was in cinema like a year ago, but i found a website that does international shipping and it might cost you $75 USD all together including shipping to US.

[url]http://english.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/neo_goods/goods.asp?goodscode=192341102[/url]

They have 5 mor rexes but eventually they made me pay a bit more of shipping as the rex weighs 3kg.

but still cheaper than Ebay. I have bought one myself and is on the way. i think its in the international cargo in korea now says the tracking system.

Sorry my friend. But i’m really sure that there will just not be a Zurg at all. The U-command Zurg was modeled after the TSC Zurg (that they were going to make, but never saw the light of day). But then Thinkway said nope to the TSC Zurg, and created the U-command Zurg and now they say no(again) to the U-command Zurg. Well there’s really no hope. :angry: I’m kinda MAD at thinkway right now for mixing the hole TSC line right now. The 3 toys only a limited edition, not making Zurg, and feeling there is no hope fore Trixie, Chuckles and TSC Wave 4… :cry:

Yeah I know the TSC Zurg was scrapped for the U-Command Zurg which is really annoying as a TSC Zurg would have been amazing and sold really well, not forgetting it would be an excellent addition to the collection. But I was thinking possibly Thinkway have decided to go back to the idea of a TSC Zurg because it would be a more popular buy as it would be cheaper than a U-Command Zurg? I just think there’s a lot of uncertainty with the toys as we don’t really know what’s going to happen beyond these 3 toys being released in October. Obviously all of us don’t want to see the end of the collection just yet as there are so many excellent characters that we want to be made. Fingers crossed that they do release additional toys such as a Trixie and Chuckles!

I still want to see a TSC Hamm and Slinky even though it’s been rumoured they won’t be made. As well as those two, I really want to see Zurg, Prospector, Mrs. Potato Head, Bonnie’s toys and the Sunnyside toys.

I feel like it would be insane to release the plush bonnie’s toys like buttercup, pricklepants, and dolly, and then turn around and not do Trixie, which would be plastic and probably talk, which is what thinkway likes to produce.

However, I’d be happy with 1 character per year, if it meant keeping the line going. However, there is a short list of viable candidates for any future toys.

First of all, eliminate any minor characters from Toy Story, Rocky, Robot, Lenny…aren’t going to happen.

Low sales of Hamm in 1995 was enough to kill the new TSC Hamm prototype, and he was a main character (with a funny voice) from all three movies…so Bo Peep isn’t happening either, if it applies to Hamm, sadly is also applies to Bo. Slinky has patent issues, so no on him

Mr. Potatohead was either clearanced out, or is still currently clearanced (as is the case at TRU). Not having seperate eyes or a compartment, made it the weakest TSC character. I think those sales have killed any chance for a Mrs. P, despite being easy to copy the Mr. P design.

So who does that leave?

Stinky Pete - finishes the Round up Gang, negative - might sit on shelves, just like the movie
Zurg - should sell well, but already have had a canceled TSC and U-command Prototype
Wheezy - very small chance, but out of minor characters, this seems most realistic (at least to me)
Stretch - to help finish lotso gang, negative- prolly made from essentially imaginary material in movie
Big Baby - already has had an alleged prototype, decision has probably already been made
Twitch - most inexplicable appearance at Toy Fair, a near perfect one already exists albeit w/o staff
Trixie - goes with rex and rest of wave 3, the kind of toy up thinkways ally, negative - a GIRL dino toy
Chuckles - goes with bonnies toys, cult appeal, negative - no a strong main character

This leads to my theory that IF thinkway continues the line, Trixie would definately be apart of it, along with a few others from the list…

However, it almost seems like they are done now, because they wont produce a trixie figure bigger than 3 inches, for whatever reason.

There’s a fellow in Hong Kong who i bought mine from he has 2 left,

ebay.co.uk/itm/250881023289? … 1438.l2661

Albeit a bit pricey but perhaps you could cut a deal and he will post to where you need it i’m sure.

Yeah I’ve heard that before about Hamm, was that the prototype in that photo that we saw which had all the other wave 1 toys at a Disney exhibition of some sort?. Is there not a chance that they might try and release it again? I have the Hamm piggy bank but it’s not the same. Pose is not accurate and the finish is not quite TSC quality.

I agree that they probably won’t do the minor characters such as Rocky and Lenny but Wheezy is a small possibility as you said.

Shame about Mrs. Potato Head seeing as she is a major character in Toy Story 3 and would go brilliantly with Mr. Potato Head but what are the patenting issues with Slinky?

All the other ones listed would be great but most possible ones for next release are probably Trixie, Chuckles and any of Lotso’s gang I suppose expect from Stretch and Bookworm.

I’m selling my toy story trilogy box set so I can buy a rex and I was wondering if any one might want it. Its brand new never been open, when I ordered it amazon screwed up and sent me two so its just been sitting on my self. PM me if your interested.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Toy-Story-Col … 2c5ecf269b

The seller said: was lucky enough to find one of these on Ebay a couple of months ago and made sure I got it… and today I saw this one in Toys R Us.

Today?
I wish i lived in leeds (thats where the seller is from)… :cry:

Rex is so expensive and rare! :frowning:

Wave 3 are on ayo baby (never heard of this site…)
[url]http://www.ayobaby.co.uk/item/self-service/toy-story-buttercup-soft-toy[/url]

Hawaiian toys are available at disney store UK (Not that i want them!)
for some reason Jessie and Woody are in a double pack, but buzz is on his own. Also they are in different boxes to the US version

Sorry for the long post!

My Korean TSC Rex Arrived. this came in a super huge box…

REX it self is pretty huge already too

Yeap. He does Speak “English” and its all good

congrats walt! Hope u get ur other goodies soon!

Ya. somehow my TSC Rex came earlier… hope the other package arries this week too

Might have shipped it express or possibly just with the a service like UPS, DHL, etc…which tend to run faster…it would have cost way more though

I cant remember how long it took for the last packages i bought from you… like 10 days ish?

hopefully they will b here this week

id say 10-12 days the last two

I email Thinkway this weekend and she says that the entire wave 3 is only buttercup, dolly, and mr. Prickle pants. And they will limited amounts online at the Disney Store in late October, she also says that they have many concepts for wave 4 and they will be released in 2012, hopefully this is good news but keep eyes pealed on the Disney Store :slight_smile:

Question is…is wave 4 new characters or insert something stupid versions of buzz, woody and jessie

Sorry she gave me no info on the components of wave 4 all she said was that they have many concepts hopefully not crap like that new power up buzz, I saw that at ToyRus a couple of days ago what were they thinking in making that, I wish they would make an accurate size zurg or trixie :slight_smile:

UK collectors

44.99 bullseye restocked on amazon.co.uk!!!

I’ve noticed a few places with more bulleye’s in stock in the UK