Too much bias against Dreamworks

Whenever I watch an animated movie, I don’t think about whether it’s Pixar, DW, or whatever. I just judge each movie individually.

Well, I think Dreamwork’s has been getting better ever since HTTYD even though they’ve been releasing alot of sequels since Madagascar 2. I’m glad that they’re going for alot of original projects after Madagascar 3.

I love to group movies by their company. But that doesn’t affect my enjoyment of them. And I agree, DW is much better since HtTYD. I would say since Kung Fu Panda, but that would be saying Monsters vs. Aliens was a good movie. Yuck. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I hope Dreamworks can make films like HTTYD in the future which has good story telling and didn’t rely on pop-culture jokes.

Yes, that would be best.

I don’t mind the pop culture jokes. They can keep them, as long as their main priority is to give a good story.

Well, they can keep the jokes if they want to but just don’t over do them like in Shrek 2. I don’t mind hearing them a couple times but when they keep doing it alot in their films is when it starts to irritate me.

I used to prefer Pixar over Dreamworks simply because they thought about the heart and not about the money. But after Dreamworks made How To Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda 2, I kind of switched over.

Hate me all you want, I don’t care. Movies should be judged on how well they’re made, not on the people who made them. And I can never, ever hate an animated movie simply because what with me being an aspiring animator, I know how hard it is to make. Realize that, people.

I came on this forum to appreciate the joy that animated movies brought us, not to hate on them!

Well, I don’t hate Dreamworks’ movies because they made them but because most of their films don’t tell good stories. I admit I do like some of their films like Shrek and Kung Fu Panda. Obviously I like Pixar better then Dreamworks but this might be the second year I take Dreamworks over Pixar.

I used to hate Dreamworks, because most of their movie I had seen were horrible. But lately I’ve been hearing a lot of their newer films getting good reviews. And then I saw Kung Fu Panda, which was a huge improvement, so I’m willing to give them a chance with their newer movies.

I really used to despise them. Period. But now some of their movies are so good, I can’t help but love them. I still prefer Pixar, but I’ll be keeping my eye out.

I alway’s liked them, not as much as Pixar but I never saw what was to hate. If they did their films more like Pixar’s, people would call them rip offs,so I think Dreamwork’s doing their style is the right idea.

Even if I love Pixar so much, I am more than willing to give any studio a chance, and Dreamworks has been rising up to the occasion, in my opinion, starting with Kung Fu Panda. (Then of course things took a downward slope with Monsters Vs. Aliens, but How to Train Your Dragon more than put them back on course) :smiley:

The only thing that bugs me with Dreamworks is them doing pop-culture references. I don’t mind them but it’s when they over do them like in Shrek 2 is what irritates me. Anyway, Dreamworks future looks promising with all these original films. I’m probably looking forward to Me and My Shadow the most since it’s a CGI and hand drawn combo.

I have that same issue with the excessiveness of their pop culture references; honestly, I usually enjoy some good pop culture jokes when they’re relevant and used in moderation, but Shrek 2 and some others just took it wayyy over the top, to the point where some jokes don’t even make sense only a few years later. :confused:

Yeah, even some of those jokes are a bit outdated now and possibly been done plenty of times.

Completely! Kung Fu Panda was the first trace of them changing.

The unfortunate thing with me and DreamWorks is that right when Kung Fu Panda came out, the sign of DreamWorks’ first main change, I was no longer going to the theater to watch their movies. I had no idea they were suddenly going to be regularly producing some pretty good films. Then I started realizing, “Wow, maybe I’ve begun to start missing out”. I think my parents also had the impression that I despised them, though that wasn’t entirely true, mostly just their early Pixar knock-off efforts. So now, I would really like to watch most of these films. I really can’t wait to view this gem that is How to Train Your Dragon, in fact the trailer for that one made me think, “Huh, this one actually looks good” and apparently it rocks! I’ve already made the reservations to pick many of these films up, I look forward to a summer of some good films I’ve been missing out on for the past few years. But Pixar will always be my #1 with Disney right behind it, and then DreamWorks, but possibly after Blue Sky.

I Think Dreamworks did a great job with KungFu Panda and HTTYD (1 and 2). I’m not bias against them. not any more since Pixar has yet to make a film that has blown me away since TS3. But I’m open minded. i enjoy watching their movies.

I have nothing against Dream Works, but I have noticed that I do not enjoy their releases as much as I enjoy Pixar’s. To be honest thought, I haven’t seen many of DW’s latest releases… I hear HTTYD2 is great.
But since Spirit is the only animated movie I absolutely love, love, looove from them, obviously Pixar has my vote.