Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Anyone know how to make the disney store buttercup bigger, still debating what i should do to make him bigger. maybe unstitch him and make him taller and add more stuffing. anyone have any ideas??
im also gonna put a shiny gold fabric around his horn and hooves to make him look more accurate:)

Decided to share my latest work in progress.
It is going to be a couple of days before I finish, but here is my Disney Store Pricklepants, after replacing the fur, buckles, buttons, and removing the eyes and eyebrows with a seamripper.

I know the proportions are still off, and the buttons and buckles are too big, but I think they are cute that way. And I feel that he certainly looks better than he started out. I am not going to be able to finish him until Friday at the earliest, but I wanted to share how he is coming along so far.

The longer the movie settles on me, the more I want Pricklepants (and Trixie and Stretch) to get the TSC treatment. Here’s hoping.

And since I only showed Tyler when I finished it, here is the shark I repainted and moved the eyes on. Its not great, and is clearly a little too small, but it certainly works.

In the coming week or so I should be getting a Dump Truck (not exactly like Lotso’s since I couldn’t find a perfect one, but one that will hopefully have the right feel when it gets here), and a Totoro, and a monkey, as well as constructing a cane for Lotso with some dowel rods I bought, and sculpting a Battle Staff for Twitch. I also have all of the supplies bought for a Roly Poly Clown…I will start him early next week.

shouldn’t his hair be more like shag carpet?

I love that shark, wampar. Poor Mr. Pricklepants looks like he’s blind in those pics.

I actually looked at a shaggier more carpetty type of fur, and he looked like little orphan annie. And besides, having worked with carpet samples in some other projects, trying to cut carpet into a wig for a beanie baby is a little impractical. My main concern was just to lose the fluffiness and the singulairty of the color in the fur that he came with. I am not striving for perfection here, I am just looking for something that will make me smile when I see it until Thinkway sells me something better.

Went looking for Bullseye today at a couple of different Toys R Us stores, but unfortunately didn’t find any yet. Did finally end up gettting the Barbie/Ken 2 pack with the screen accurate Ken head. Didn’t know that they made one until I saw it online today, and was lucky to grab the last one at one of the TRUs I checked, as it was hiding behind 5 or 6 of the packs with the normal Ken doll. Probably going to get a Chatter Telephone from Target tomorrow.

img59.imageshack.us/img59/5158/t … ion018.jpg

img36.imageshack.us/img36/2341/i … e23169.jpg

What! I didn’t know that existed. Is that the 2 pack? What does the box look like compared to the other one?

It is the 2 pack, and the box looks exactly the same as the other one from what I could tell. Box didn’t seem to be any different, the back of it still shows the Ken with the normal, movie inaccurate head. I didn’t know that the movie styled existed either until today. Didn’t think to check and see if the UPCs on the different versions are the same, I’ll check next time I’m at Toys R Us.

Edit: another pic of the more accurate Ken doll:

toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp … Id=4188738

Sli|||nky, Ken looks awesome

Did you buy twitch, sparks, and chunk as toys r us?
Cause i need to pick them up, theres no disney stores where i live

No, I got all 3 of them at the Disney Store. I think I read earlier in either this or the Toy Story Collection thread that they were starting to show up at Toys R Us though.

Those mods are looking great Wampar. Pricklepants looks far better already. I gotta love shark, I got my human version as a sig. Between the likes of yourself Tyler,pixarbuilder,sumori etc, there’s like a mini Thinkway production line going on. Don’t be afraid to post progress pics. It’s nice to see the work that goes into the mods and gives a template for others. Great work man, keep it coming.

I must find that Ken! -Omar

The new Ken looks much better.

It’s a shame they didn’t fix/shorten his clothes as well as changing the head-sculpt.

Yeah, but at least it’s just cloth, so mods could be done easily. Even it you can’t sew, you could just go at it with scissors. It may look cheap, but you could probably get at least relatively the same feel.

Toys R Us now has Sparks, Chunk and Twitch all available on their web site, $24.99 each.

Sparks:
toysrus.com/product/index.js … Id=4040808

Chunk:
toysrus.com/product/index.js … Id=4040810

Twitch:
toysrus.com/product/index.js … Id=4040809

Now, if I could only get my local TRU to put ANY of them on the shelf.

Pricklepants,Buttercup and peas in a pod are at the disney store online in the UK. Just ordered mine and can’t wait till they come.

I was at Toys R Us the other day and they had all 3 in stock for $24.99

hehe I know everyone already owns most of the toys and are concentrating on getting the new characters but I’m starting my collection barley tomorrow. Its been 2 weeks since i ordered woody and Jessie :0 Couldn’t sleep or eat lol so excited!!They mean alot to me becuase their the 50 dollar ones got them on sale for 40…they wiped out my dad bank account :frowning: I kinda feel guilty for it now…its total was $80.89 After all the money troubles my dad is still taking us to see toy story 3 :slight_smile: Best dad ever!

in my opinion, the hair is yarn that has been worn out (or brushed a lot)
for example:

not exactly right photo on what im saying, but i think you know what I mean

I was a little underwhelmed by the TSC Potato Head and by Hasbro’s, so I bought the cheap TS3 Potato Head and sculpted new eys and mouth, which in my opinion were the features needing the most reworking! What do you think?

therpf.com/f9/toy-story-mr-p … ead-87053/