Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

And for those wondering: Twitch does indeed have his magical battle staff for about half the movie. I will start sculpting myself one sometime next week!

deleted

I’m kind of wishing I hadn’t seen these pics cause I heard there was going to be a monkey in the film, but I would have liked for it to be a surprise. It’s no surprise though that Lee likes monkeys. At least now I get why they had one on the Monsters Inc. DVD.

I apologize deeply. I deleted the post.

You didn’t have to do that on my account though.

How about you keep the link to the picture up, but just with fair warning. It’s still a significant find for this thread.

But may I suggest you edit your post, though, because it still has the picture up, and put the info in spoiler tags. I can still sympathize with you, because someone posted a picture of Sid early, and someone had a picture from the ending of Toy Story 3 in their signature for a long time.

Does anyone have plans to sculpt/sell staffs for twitch?

EDIT if someone bought the 3 3/4 inch line twitch, he has his staff. Someone could easily use that as a reference

Well, after seeing 3 tonight I have to get a chatter phone. I just don’t know if I should get the classic one or the talking one. It would be nice if we could create a classic style sticker to place over the talking one’s top so it doesn’t have the picture of the characters on it.

You should try to find a classic (wood base) version if you can. The differences on the newer versions are pretty noticeable (even on the regular, non-TS version).

I actually think I might still have one from my childhood. I will have to check with my mom next time the wife and I visit home. I just really like the talking feature on the new one.

Yeah, absolutely get the original classic phone if you can. Mine arrived today. (It was by the door when I got back from seeing the movie, actually.) It’s really great if you can find an original one in good condition, because the replicas available aren’t nearly as nice.

Just so everyone knows, be careful with the paint on sparks. He fell off my shelf and the red translucent paint rubbed off a bit.

So the new “classic” one in retro packaging has a plastic base?

Yes it does, and while it does look decent at first glance, it’s got a ton of inaccuracies, like the wheels and the cable on the receiver. Not only is it the wrong color, but it’s also extremely short (for safety concerns, same as the modern phone). If you can’t get a wooden one, the retro phone is still a better choice than the actual Toy Story 3 phone, but it’s far from perfect.

With that being said, even the real deal original Chatter Telephone isn’t a perfect match to the one in the film, as they altered his proportions and facial features a bit to make him look kind of sneaky in the movie.

Just got a reply from Alex at otaku.com. My Totoro will be here in about a week!

About the chatter phone, Toodles is right that it was altered for the film, but the only really significant change was the exaggerated/articulated eyebrows. And since none of the versions feature those eyebrows, the original wood base version is still by far the most screen accurate version out there (which makes sense, because that was the starting point for the filmmakers’ alterations).

The challenge is to find one in good enough condition. Because of their extreme age, most of the ones for sale on ebay are pretty trashed.

Okay, thanks to both of you! I hope I can find a good one as he is probably my favorite new character, even though he is not an original one.

Indeed. Though that reminds of kind of an ironic point in the film: [spoil]Woody refers to the Chatter Phone as “Old Timer” in the movie, but as a Woody’s Roundup Doll, Woody would actually be a couple years older than the phone himself! He looks good for his age, doesn’t he?[/spoil]

So I spent the day yesterday with my Toy Story DVD and photoshop to try and make the Big One Firework graphic label. I have to say I’m very pleased with it. I used a Pringles tube as a basis for the size of the rocket I was going to make.

I had a go at making the rocket itself, but my maths went a bit wrong as I went down to Staples to get the label printed as I wanted it laser printed not inkjet and my printer only does A4 and it came out larger.

So here is my first attempt. I’m gonna try and work out the sizing better as I think a pringles tube is the perfect size to go with the TSC Buzz.

I also had a go at Andy’s cow boxes but again the sizing go me and the boxes weren’t the right shape. I’m gonna have a got again soon and just make box fronts instead of using actual boxes.

What do you think aside from the sizing issue?

That label looks great, but you have a spelling error. It is “Extremely”, not “Extreamely”. Other than that, AWESOMENESS!

Nice work there Eggy. There seems to be a wealth of talent on this forum.

I just won this Lenny on eBay.

He’s described as approx 3" high by 5" wide. He can be used as actual binoculars with a working focus dial. He isn’t the most accurate I have seen in detail but I think he is close to scale. Anyone out there have this version?