You know what really grinds my gears?

nice rant, remy14!!!

I guess another thing that really grinds my gears can be voices of Pixar characters. After all, we do have a thread that says “Which Pixar Characters Annoy You” or something like that.

I wouldn’t really call it a rant, but thanks all the same. :smiley:

Yeah, there always seems to be one character that just doesn’t fit the voice in every movie that I just can’t seem to stand…

Oh yeah, here is a big one. One of the biggest things that grind my gears is the explanding sult of HSM. I know that it is popular, but the more you do with it, the more annoying it becomes. Now all they care about is making money.

I saw the trailer for HSM3 today and I think this is the last one because they called it “HSM3: Senior Year.” That doesn’t make sense to me because there should be 4 years of highschool these days, shouldn’t there be?

I don;t know, I heard there was going to be a 4 with a different cast.

throws up good God not another one >.<

Yeah, and that is also what annoys me. Movies that seem to go on and on when they should just stop where it perfectly ended.

People who stand near exits of buildings and smoke, so that you have no choice but to walk through the cigarette smoke. If I want to be dramatic I’ll let in a big gasp of air after I’ve passed them, he he. Also, when people smoke around their children. And when smokers always need to go outside to have a cigarette break every couple of hours - it’s disruptive!

EDIT: And you can always tell when someone’s a smoker because they smell like cigarettes. There, I said it.

What really hurts rachel is the person who smells like cigerettes is someone you care about or have know for a long time.

I do the same, in order to let the smoker know that what they’re doing is wrong.

Another thing that gets on my nerves so much is when someone puts down other people and insults them if they think differently. I mean, yeah everyone has his/her own opinion, I respect that. But sometimes people go too far and start offending other people.

Ever heard this one:

[size=167]Can I ask you a question?[/size]

:angry: :angry: :angry: :laughing: :angry:

TSS makes a great point there. My grandma used to smoke and she quit when she was diagnosed with pneumonia and had to stay in the hospital over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Yeah, I hated it when people smoked outside. It’s like not giving us non-smokers a choice as to whether or not WE want to smoke, due to passive smoking. But now there’s a smoking ban in public places here, things have got better- it’s just more annoying when people ignore the ban and smoke nonetheless!

Ditto, TSS. Though in a way, I sort of like the smell of smoke…I’d never take up smoking personally, but I find the smell quite appealing. It’s like how some people like the smell of petrol stations, but it’s not as if they’re ever going to start drinking petrol. :laughing:

Pfff… :laughing:

Yes, it’s very annoying, indeed. Thesauruses, dictionaries, encyclopedias: The words tucked into the pages of those beautiful books weren’t intended to be ignored.

Abbreviations don’t bother you? Hmm. It must just be me then. Even such a simple short-hand word as… as… Gosh, I can’t even say it. I feel that when I abbreviate a perfectly decent array of words (such as “be right back” or “you’re welcome”) I’m committing a crime.

Oh! I just remembered another thing that grinds my gears…

• When you’re in a grocery store and, while trying to walk down an aisle, you come upon a woman who has very insensitively parked her cart right in the middle of the aisle.

It’s always a woman, too. (No offense to women here. Heh.) :unamused:

– Mitch

W o w . I m u s t b e a w o m a n ! T h a n k y o u f o r h e l p i n g m e d i s c o v e r t h a t , M i t c h ! XD

• When people use a hyphen in “WALL•E”
• When people use Wikipedia as an encyclopedia.
Personalized license plates.
• That dude who drives by your house everyday with the stereo turned way up. :angry:
• Evolutionist snobs who look down on anyone else.
• Nigerian 419 emails (so far, i’ve supposedly won over $75,000,000, but i’m smarter than they think :laughing: )
• Alltel commercials!!! or any commercial that makes fun of dorks…DORKS ARE PEOPLE TOO!
• AVG
• whenpeople forgeta fewspaces betweensome oftheir wordswhen theytype
• The American flag
• Animated GIF siggies that work your web browser too hard (that means you, Rachbel! no offense lol)
• When people use capital letters in the middle of a company name with no spaces (ConocoPhillips, eBay, AmeriSuites, etc.)
• Your neighbors’ dogs that treat everyone that walks by like they’re the mailman.
• Ageism.
• Pessimism.
• Disney sequels!!!

I now when I use the hyphen for WALL-E, you get annoyed A113, but I don’t know how to get the dot, so I find this a lot quicker for me.

I swear, though! I hardly ever see any guys do that, let alone use a cart. Maybe it’s just me, though?

Oh well. No offense intended, either way. :laughing:

The American Flag?? Might I inquire as to the reason why? Heh.

– Mitch

My little sister has been a little annoying lately. She claims that our puppy loves her more than me, and I have DVR. When she wants to record a show, I let her, but when I want to record something, she tells me no and says I am selfish.

I rarely ever use them myself, only in a REAL hurry. :smiley: Although, if they’re used a lot, it will start getting on my nerves…

As for the grocery store woman, this actually happened to me the other day! I was in the store and sure enough, this woman is in the middle of the aisle, and I see people behind her trying to find a way through… like they don’t want to ask her to move. Heh, it was actually kinda funny. :laughing: (Luckily I didn’t have a cart, I was just picking up some milk.)