Your Friend the Rat fan commentary - 9.20.2008

First of all, my computer’s still not ready. I think those guys have no idea what they’re doing. :open_mouth: I hope they do.

Secondly, stay out of the kitchen and away from the humans; it’s dangerous.

Third, there is a very little chance that my computer will be ready on Saturday. :cry:

LG: So sorry to hear that. You did good on the first commentary, though. :smiley: Still, if you can make it, please do!
Rachel: It looks like we’re going to be using the times on the first post of this thread.
Peter: Your siggy does rock! :smiley:

Oh boy, I’m sorry about that A113. Well, meybe next commentary then.

Just downloaded Skype, and got everything situated with that. (I’m going to make some test calls tonight) So, I guess you could say I’m 100% ready! ^^ Am I supposed to PM qxgnxamy with my Skype name?

A113- Ouch, sorry about that…D; Stupid computer repair guys…

I think you should. Do it anyways. I’m sure after he gets your PM, he’ll go and send you the list of the skype names of everyone else who is participating.

A113 - Thanks. =) If your computer’s not ready on Saturday, let’s not schedule the next one until you’ve actually got your computer back.

Lightning Eclipse - Yes, PM me your Skype name and I’ll PM everyone involved with the list tomorrow.

thedriveintheatre - I need you to PM me your Skype name too.

Actually, I’d like to change the time back to Saturday 22:30 (GMT) if this is ok with pixar.rocks and everyone else. I may get home late on Saturday night (not too late, mind you, I love my sleep) and that extra 30 mins would be great. Let me know… (I hope that GMT time zone is understandable and correct.)

A113 - How about you try installing Skype on the computer you are using now, just in case you don’t get your other one back in time…? It would be good if we didn’t have to organise a third YFTR commentary.

I’m okay with rachel’s suggestion. That means I get to wake up anytime before 9! (BTW, thanks, got your PM, rachel!) :slight_smile:
So, I log on to Skype and wait for you guys to appear about 15 minutes before zero hour? Will someone count down before we all (hopefully) simultaneously press the ‘play’ button and start the movie?
Like someone mentioned earlier, it’s the first frame that the Disney logo appears in, correct?
PM-ed you my skype name, qxgnxamy (pretty unique username you got there!). Sorry if I was a little late…
Thanks for the warm welcome, Lightning Eclipse. Same goes to you!
A pity you can’t make it, Lizardgirl. Hope you can join the Ratatouille one!
Come on, A113! It’s bad enough we don’t have Mitch and Lizardgirl, though I can understand if you really can’t make it. I also hope you can be a part of the feature-length commentary.
I’m so stoked, I’ve gotta get down to viewing YFTR and your first commentary! I can’t wait to hear how you guys sound like!

That’s a shame, A113! As Rachel said, is there any chance of you being able to use your other computer?

Technology is great, but it can also be darned annoying at times.

Lightning Eclipse- Cool that you could join in with this practise! I can’t wait to hear the recording and what you have to say about YFTR. :smiley:

By the sounds of things, even if not everyone can make this one, when it comes to the actual Ratatouille commentary, there will be plenty of people willing to sign up!

That’s ok, I was waiting until today to send out the list anyway. I think I’ll wait a little bit longer for A113.

To answer that question, I guess I’ll quote myself:

I think that now we’re starting from where the spark appears in the Disney logo.

A113 so sorry to hear that ! i was really expecting you !

As for me you think my brother could make it with us, i don’t thnk he’s gonna talk much but y’know… :smiley:

Pixar.rocks - Sure, your brother can join us. =)

Hey guys, remember I told you I might have a chance if we moved it to Saturday? Well, as it turns out that it is going to be a huge no for saturday for me. I have tried everything I could, but I can’t. Sorry guys.

Great, he’s not gonna talk, :stuck_out_tongue: he’s just gonna listen 'cause he’s not much of a Pixar geek but he likes everyone of their movies ! :smiley:
By the way, his name is Loic, i don’t think anyone’s gonna say it right but just call him Frenchy ! xD

That’s too bad TSS. At least you made it to the first one. =)

Pixar.rocks - Does your brother have his own computer and microphone/headset?

Thanks, qxgnxamy. Sorry if this has been asked before, but who will be recording and synching the audio together? Just out of curiousity. Also could that person tell me what program is used for post-prod, cause I’m interested in doing my own personal commentaries for my favourite movies in the future.
I also hope that this commentary will have a better place to archive it, because the last one only had one YouSendIt link in the middle of the thread, and so far no one who has the audio has posted it to alternative sources or tried synching it to the video. Somebody also suggested it be uploaded to Radio Pixar (which I’m just beginning to be aware of its existence, being the forum newbie I am) Just a suggestion…
Oh no, TSS! Ah well, at least try to make it for the feature-length Ratatouille! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the film!
I’m also intrigued by Pixar.Rocks’ brother’s opinions…can’t wait!

:sunglasses:

thedriveintheatre - I’ll be doing the recording and editing. For recording I’m using ScreenFlow (a Mac program). For post-prod I’m using Audacity and Quicktime Pro. When we do our first feature length commentary, I’ll send a sample of the commentary that’s synchronized to the video (postage stamp sized video) to licensing@pixar.com to see if they’ll let us release it.

He doesn’t have a microphone, but he has nothing to say, he’s just wants to listen. :wink:

Great news! :smiley: We called the repair dudes, and they said we can pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully i can get everything set up by 4:30. :sunglasses:

Heheh, awesome ! We couldn’t have done it without you !! :smiley:

I will for sure be there for the Rataouille one. In fact, you give me the date, and I will clear my calendar of everything.