Pixar Planet

Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Postby PaulM1983 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:31 am

Great collection. I really want the Troikas but can't afford them just now. I'm in the UK so adding postage bumps up the price too much :(
PaulM1983
Ant

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:28 am

Has anyone tried buying Toy Story figures off of the Japanese auction site, "buyee"? They seem to have a wide selection but I'm worried about international purchases.

With all my work I have to finish, I'm definitely going to delay my Woody doll review. Sorry guys. :(

On an unrelated note, I'm curious to hear whether or not DCP has taken my email into consideration after forwarding it to product management.
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby PixarDude » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Welp, I was looking through the pages and came across some good stuff. Only problem is, I don't use yen and I've heard some bad things about the site. Among some of the stuff I saw, I found some of the Medicom figures (Andy, Sid, and Janie with the Pterodactyl head). However there is one auction that I found that has a Medicom Rocky loose. here's the link: http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/n142065391

EDIT: On the very next page, I found a sealed one. http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/f151548431

EDIT (again): Here's something AMAZING that I would LOVE to get, but like I mentioned, I don't use yen. http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/f143210362
"To Infinity and Beyond!"- Buzz Lightyear
"Never tell me the odds!"- Han Solo
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby Slink » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:10 pm

I'm just throwing this out there:

I can't tell what shipping is for either item. And if you hear the website isn't legit, thats also an issue

BUT:

I don't use "yen" is pretty silly. Its a currency right now thats very weak against the american dollar. 1 yen = 0.008 US Dollars. That means that giant lot is about $16 and the sealed rocky is about $90. For a figure that sells for $300+ its definitely worth a second look into the credentials of the site, regardless of currency.
Customs:

ImageImage
Slink
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby PaulM1983 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:33 pm

Yeah I've been trying to figure out if that site is trustworthy or not but even translating the page doesn't help. I don't have the first clue what to do.

I did Google it though and there are some stories about international shipping charges racking up because the items get posted to so many points in Japan (which you pay an individual fee for) before they even leave the country, that it made the purchase way more expensive than they initially thought.

I've been put off, despite those crazy cheap prices, purely because I can't make head nor tail of how it all works.
PaulM1983
Ant

Postby PixarDude » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:20 pm

Slink wrote:I'm just throwing this out there:

I can't tell what shipping is for either item. And if you hear the website isn't legit, thats also an issue

BUT:

I don't use "yen" is pretty silly. Its a currency right now thats very weak against the american dollar. 1 yen = 0.008 US Dollars. That means that giant lot is about $16 and the sealed rocky is about $90. For a figure that sells for $300+ its definitely worth a second look into the credentials of the site, regardless of currency.

I guess I wasn't too clear with that. I live in the US and I understand that you can get yen if you go to the bank or something, but I'm not sure how much shipping is for the items. I also don't trust the site, considering that a lot of people say that there are some bad things about the site. Also, I don't really have the money for stuff right now as I don't have a job (I'm 15) and my parents are on a tight budget.
"To Infinity and Beyond!"- Buzz Lightyear
"Never tell me the odds!"- Han Solo
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby SpaceRanger237 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:20 pm

Has anyone attempted to replicate a different expression for Woody or Buzz, and if so how or with what type of material?
SpaceRanger237

Postby kdthomas » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:21 am

It's been a while and I've added a few items to the collection. I'm to the point where I've got pretty much all the characters I want that are available.

I'm running out of space in the IKEA bookshelf I bought. I never thought I could fill it up when I got it a few years ago.

Anyways, I always enjoy seeing other's collections so here's mine. Hope you enjoy looking at how I display them!

Top Shelf: Small Fry Buzz, Hot Wheels Baron Car & Track, Disney Store Zurg, Disney Store Buzz, TSC Buzz Lightyear (Unopened), TSC Alien #1, Disney Store Pixar Ball.

1st Shelf: TSC Lotso, TSC Alien #2, Disney Store Wheezy, Tonka Truck, Combat Carl Jr., Pez Cat, TSC Woody, TSC Jessie, Mr. Spell, Thinkway Bo Peep & Sheep, TSC Bullseye, Rolly Poly Clown, Troikas, TSC Mr. Potato Head, Mrs. Potato Head, TSC Alien #3, TSC Bucket O Soldiers.

2nd Shelf: Angel Kitty, Speak N Spell (Blue), TSC Utility Belt Buzz, TSC RC, Barrel of Monkeys (Hasbro Canada), Etch-A-Sketch, Slinky Dog, TSC Rex, Burger King Lenny, Blocks, Disney Store Hamm, 1988 Animal Lovin' Ken (Original/Unopened), 1983 Great Shape Barbie (Original), TS3 Ken & Barbie, Pink Troll with Blue Eyes (Thanks EmmaInCandyland!).

3rd Shelf: TSC Twitch, TSC Sparks, Speak N Spell (Yellow), TSC Chunk, Japan Jolly Chimp (Works), 1989 FP Rock-A-Stack (New), TS3 FP Chatter Telephone, Stretch, Magic 8 Ball, FP Helicopter, FP Queen Bee, FP Teddy, Little People.

Bottom Shelf: Disney Store Japan Peas In A Pod, TSC Butterbup, TSC Dolly, TSC Mr. Pricklepants (Unopened & Opened), Thinkway Rex (Smaller Size), Little Tikes Fire Truck/People, Japan Totoro (Large).

kdthomas
Shark Bait

Postby actionman81 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:18 pm

I gave my Animal Lovin' Ken to a buddy of mine. We both collect 1:6 figures, too.

Here's my correct See N Say toy, complete with pull string, and it actually works

My DS Woody and Buzz. Woody has a new pull ring installed, but his string function broke- I tried to fix it, but now its just pulled out completely and won't retract at all. Buzz is the Spanish/English version. Woody has the older hands, splayed like they are in the film, but has the new face. Buzz has all the movements/functions - laser, karate chop, voice simulator, spring opening helmet, pop out wings with lights (one wire was broken on mine when I tried to get his batteries out)

-Omar
Det. Olivia Benson: "I had lots of dolls but never ones as nice as yours."
Billy Jessup: "Girls are lucky, they can play with dolls, boys can't."
Det. Fin Tutuola: "I had dolls."
Billy Jessup: "You did?"
Det. Fin Tutuola: "Yeah ... G.I. Joe, Batman..."
Billy Jessup: "Those are action figures." - Law and Order SVU, Dolls
actionman81
Garbage Boy

Postby TrustaMann » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:51 am

Snake&Robot wrote:Should I get the DS Buttercup or try to wait for on Ice Buttercup? :?

Or maybe you should get a Toy Story Collection Rex or Toy Story 3 Thinkway Rex because you don't have a Rex! >:(
TrustaMann
Ant

Postby SpaceRanger237 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:00 am

Hey came across this eBay listing for the Baby Monitors if anyone's interested.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1654300788
SpaceRanger237

Postby Agent 86 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:51 am

Agent 86
Garbage Boy

Postby Evil_Emperor_Zurg » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:48 pm

This year it's Toy Story 20th anniversary, and Medicom comes back to make a perfect replica of Woody, standing at 15 inches, it's nearly fully articulated inside of the figure, just a masterpiece that only hardcore Toy Story fans would buy... Let's hope that medicom someday make more figures for this line in scale... The sad thing about this collector piece is the price, costing about 440 dollars, it's like buying 2 masterpiece Ultra Magnus from Takara(!!)

Anyways, guys, this is the perfect replica that any company has ever made... and now, it's up on Pre-order on Big Bad Toy Store, arriving in December, the 20TH anniversaryof the first movie.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

And lastly... His creepy face

Evil_Emperor_Zurg
Ant

Location: Trying to capture Space Rangers somewhere in the galaxy...

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:26 pm

Nice to see you again! We we're just discussing the figure over in the 20th Anniversary thread.
http://pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14335&start=30

The asking price from the BigBadToyStore is over Medicom's suggested price. The figure should cost $380 at most.
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby Sumori » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi Guys. After a really long time, now I´m able to star working on Pete´s and Zurg boxes. I remember that some of you created the boxes and I wonder if you could help me with some tips or advices...

I´m not sure about measures and I have to start from zero.
Sumori
Mutant Toy

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story