The Dark Droid Trailer 2 [Reupload]

Haha, that parody trailer was pretty neat. I enjoyed the 2001 and Star Wars parts

That’s a great idea, rachel. I’ll let you in on the way I set about doing a parody trailer. I first make a list of all the movies, TV shows and Internet memes I can think of that are associated with the main movie I’m poking fun at. Then I download their respective videos or trailers from IGN or Youtube and then write a script so that I could plan out how to combine them coherently. Then it’s just a matter of editing and voice overlaying in iMovie. Right now I can think of a lot of France, cooking and rat-related pop culture things I can mash with Ratatouille, but I’ll have to shelve this for the time being. After my next trailer spoof (which is of a movie everyone loves to hate now), I’ll probably attempt another Pixar movie music video (time permitting, as the end-of-year assignments’ deadline is looming like a guillotine over my head :stuck_out_tongue: ) before embarking on a three-way ad campaign for the impending Wall-E DVD release, Bolt, and Quantum of Solace, all coming out this November!

I’m glad that you liked it, lennonlurvr9. I appreciate your regular comments on my videos. Did you get the [spoil]Titanic[/spoil] reference? I thought Wall-E’s whole ‘forbidden love’ theme and in particular the movie’s climax reminded me of the 99’ blockbuster hit. :smiley:

Sorry for the double post, but it’s time to announce my latest and final “Where’s Wall-E” parody trailer! Some of you who have read my sig may have been (hopefully) anticipating its release. Although I don’t hate the film as much as others do (probably because I will never see it until DVD), this is the first parody trailer which is actually done in contempt of the film it’s spoofing, instead of as a light-hearted tribute to it. This may be the last one in the “Where’s Wall-E” series (as far as I can tell), so keep those peepers peeled! Our favourite couple only appears once, and when you least expect it! Without further ado, allow me to present to you:

Beverly Hills Ninja Cop Chiwhawhat
Chloe, a pampered pooch from the most overrated neighbourhood in the U.S.A., finds herself lost in the mean streets of Mehico, where she meets an assortment of Latino stereotypes from other movies (including a trio who suspiciously sound like Cheech Marin). Her not-so-secret-admirer, Papi, embarks on an Incredible Journey to rescue his one true love. If only he can stop endorsing a certain fast-food chain that sells tacos first…

Keep an eye out for a Ratatouille cameo, as well as other various Disney dog flicks and Latino movies! And Cheech Marin fans will get the running joke throughout this trailer!

As usual, comments will be much appreciated. I have taken TSS and Pixar rocks’ advice on too many interruptions and have cut them down, using more lip-synching instead of interjecting clips which break the ‘flow’ of the trailer. Please comment here on this thread or better yet, on the vid itself. And you can make my day by either Favouriting, Subbing or Friending me! If you didn’t like it, please tell me why nicely, as I’ve said before, I really appreciate constructive criticism and I always seek to improve my endeavors.

Yoquerio Taco Bell!

[spoil]OMG Patrick Star! And Pirates, ha ha! And when that guy went through the glass, laugh out loud (in your words.) :wink: “Say hello to my little friend!” was just genius. Yay, EVE finally shut up the taking dogs! I’m guessing the underlying message of the video was that this movie is very unoriginal, and it just takes references from everywhere else? Well, if that’s what you were trying to say, I agree with you and you got that through very well.[/spoil] A really enjoyable spoof, as always.

Oh, and I’m a real sucker for cheesy puns, and those ones in your YouTube description are great! As well as those advertisements you put in your signature - a clever way to advertise your videos.

PS. You are allowed to double post, just as long as it’s not less than 12 or so hours between posts. =)

I love the beverly hills chiwuawua vid ! It maked me blast into laugther ! :laughing:
The penguin at the end is just hilarious, isn’t it Robbin Williams doing his voice ?

I like this one thedriveintheatre. It is a good mix! The clips are not as random as I thought, yet it all worked out so well. Great idea dude! You’ really got some clever juices inside your right now.

haha yeah great vid! i loved it! especially the end w/ beverly hills cop and ninja. apparently hollwood doesn’t get enough of beverly hills!!! :laughing:

Thanks everyone for your constructive feedback!

rachelcakes1985 - I’m pleased you noticed the pop culture references! ‘That guy’ who got thrown through the window is Eddie Murphy’s character Axel Foley from Beverly Hills Cop, one of my all-time favourite action movies. Glad you also noticed the little “promotional taglines” I “air live” on my signatures. It’s part of the act of running the “theatre”. And congratulations on 'Finding Wall-E!" You just won yourself a year-long supply of BNL’s best-selling food product: ‘Lunch in a Cup’! :smiley:

Pixar.rocks - Yes, the penguin at the end is a Mexican Adelie penguin from Happy Feet voiced by Mr Williams. There’s a reason I put him in there besides the fact he’s ‘Latino’. His name’s Ramone, which is coincidentally the name of the lowrider Impala from Cars (both movies were released merely a few months apart in '06). And Ramone (the car) is voiced by Cheech Marin, who also voices Manuel the rat from B.H.C. and Tito, a chihuahua from Oliver & Company. Everything’s all connected, if you know where to look. :wink:

The Star Swordsman - Thanks for the compliments, TSS! My parody trailers have many hidden references that viewers may not catch on their first viewing. It helps if you know the films and actors whose footage I have edited into the trailer, to be able to ‘get’ the jokes. Everytime I do a parody trailer, I write up a list of similar-themed movies and films that the actors in the movie I’m spoofing in have acted before, then I try to mix it all up a coherent manner. I then spice it up with a few Internet memes and shuffle up the order to produce an entirely different trailer than the original one intended for the movie. :slight_smile:
Oh, and you mentioning ‘juices’ makes me thirsty for some lemonade in this summer weather…

wallerat - Thank you for noticing the joke at the end. They should maybe bundle all these unrelated movies into one compilation and sell it in (where else?) Beverly Hills, Laugh Out Loud. And thanks for the video comments and being one of my most regular commentators. :sunglasses:

Greetings again and welcome back to the Drive-In Theatre! This year-end holidays has provided the Manager ample time to plan the premiere of several brand-new music videos and trailer mash-ups. This is in conjunction with a few movie-event premieres this November and December, like the release of the Wall-E and Dark Knight DVDs, the bow of Quantum of Solace and Bolt in theatres, and the airing of Cars Toons on television. In addition, the Manager will be introducing several new segments like “Trailer Park”, “Review Mirror” and “Sixty Second Cinema”.

As part of our initiative to create awareness of our Manager’s new projects, we are proud to present to you an exclusive sneak peek: “UPcoming Attractions Trailer”. Featuring Wall-E, Eve, Bolt, Mittens, Rhino, Lightning McQueen, Mater, James Bond, Batman, Joker, and a surprise cameo from an Upcoming film, this is your chance to see what’s in the pipeline for the Theatre in the coming months.

Catch a glimpse of what’s in store this holiday season HERE.

And there’s a free Pizza Tree to anyone who can recognised the tune used. :wink:

Neat. I especially liked the James Bond and Batman shots (besides the Pixar ones, of course) and the Up bit was amusing.

Hey, that was really good thedriveintheatre. Really impressive. A thumbs up to that video. Really nice. I really thought there were going to be movies like that. BUt you got me. really nice.

I like the music selection the most. I don’t know the title, but I do know it is used in those Ipod Touch commercials.

WOW! and again i say, WOW!!! can’t wait for this upcoming season!!! haha quantum of bolt!!

the song is “around the bend” by the asteroids galaxy tour. (interesting name…)

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

lennonluvr9: Yeah, those are my non-Pixar related music video/trailer projects, so if you’re interested in any of those films, stay tuned for more updates! The Dark Knight clips were taken from the trailers while QoS clips were from the trailers, the Sony HD ad, and a sneak preveiw of the car chase. And thanks for noticing the Up cameo!

TSS: Thanks for the kudos!

I’m not really sure what you meant by that comment. That wasn’t a trailer mash-up/parody. It was a sneak preview of not only upcoming trailer mash-ups/parodies, but music videos, official trailers, and several new segments. If I misunderstood your comment, then disregard the above. :wink:

And yes, the song was from the iPod Touch ads, which was where I also first heard it. Apple is always on the cutting edge when it comes to songs for their ads. And they have good taste too!

wallerat: Haha! Thanks for the enthusiasm, I’m glad I achieved the desired effect of getting you all pumped up. And yes, you read that right. Quantum of Bolt is my next trailer mash-up, except this time, I’m going for a full-dub instead of mixing clips together. Don’t miss it! :sunglasses:

And we have a winner! Congratulations wallerat, you’ve just won yourself a pizza plant! Expect your prize to be delivered to you in the year 2700. :slight_smile:

Anyone else have anything to say about my line-up for this holiday season? Excited for the two upcoming Pixar music videos?

To explain the comment that confused you, I meant to say “You had me convinced and anxious.”

haha pizza plant! thanx! always wanted one of those since i saw the movie…

RE: “UPcoming Attractions Trailer”

That was terrific! It’s really gotten me excited for what is coming soon at the drive-in theatre. This is all stuff that’s coming before the end of 2008, right?

Can’t wait for the “Go the Distance” video, eeep! My favourite part of the video was when it seemed as if WALL•E was whistling, but it was really Nelly Furtado. I also loved the ending, and the general pacing of the trailer. Well done - you have a natural talent for editing.

Okey dokey, TSS. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome, wallerat! I made it a pepperoni…here’s duss005’s cute rendition of one.

Thanks for the comments both on the thread and on the video itself, Rachel!

I hope so, hopefully I’ll get a lot done before my family take me on holiday either overseas or back to Malaysia or both. And even if I don’t complete all by year’s end, at least I set myself a high target so even if I fail, I still would have released a lot of videos. And although my trailer implied 2008 is coming to an end, it said “This Holiday Season”…which could include a bit of next year! :smiley:

Glad you look forward to “Go The Distance”. I’m now debating whether to do a James Bond-related Wall-E music video first or “G.T.D.” So many projects, so little time…

Thanks for noticing the ending. Notice I cold-opened the trailer, led into the chorus, and finished with Wall-E vignettes? :wink: And thanks for the kudos about the ‘whistling part’, although it may sound like Furtado, it’s actually a Denmark band called The Asteroids Galaxy Tour.

Aw, shucks. :blush:

Nice, but not as good as your others, IMO, sorry.

Okay…thanks for the honest comment, Wall-e. Could you elaborate as to why you don’t think it’s as good this time round? :neutral_face:

It just seems there is too much “filler” stuff in and where you stop the music, it doesn’t seem to resume int he right place.