Who has the best Signature?

Sorry Bryko614 but I totally agree with thedriveintheatre.

For me, and in my honest opinion, you are providing spoliers along with WannabeChef91 What you both seem to forget in the publication of these like TDIT said: not all territories have had the movie yet… Australia is closing in on it… The UK now has 41 days minimum… and then there’s one territory who won’t have their Cinematic release until after the US gets the Home release December 19th (if I remember rightly).

I remember this being a comment that other members have made somewhere before.

And in the UK as far as I can remember I have never seen an image in any way shape of form of the female character, I’ve watched the US promotional material and cannot remember seeing an image of her either.
I’ve been forced to read the name of the character now up and down the pages here, and come to think of it I now question is there any point in going to the cinema and paying to see the movie considering I’ve very much of the movie I know… It feels like I’ve been forced to watch the entire movie through signatures, twitter statuses and skype conversations, and all against my wishes.

Its nice to see you guys so passionate about the movie… but for me I now see little point in paying to go and see it as you have either showed it to me in conversation or in pictures. And I am now (again) reconsidering my October and Birthday, and Pixar will not be receiving my money for the numerous times I planned to see it.

Unlike My other forum I can’t shout at you for giving me the smallest of spoilers… Ask Chef Goo Stow on our other forum I went off the handle at him producing the location of A113… After I specifically asked him not to… my reaction is one of the many reasons he’s now here with Us…

Meanwhile back on the farm…annarborjack its nice to see a bit of the 80s wonderkid Rick Astley around international locations! weither it be Rick-rolling or through choice!

Captain Pan: Didn’t know you felt that way. I’ll change them.

Theres no need to do rash things… I just my opinion… I just feel like someone’s told me the end of the movie and I haven’t entered the cinema yet…

It doesn’t spoil the movie that much, I will say that, but it’s during an important scene.

Chef’s sig is kind of the same way, but I wanted that picture for mine (some people will attest to me already making a sig with that picture)

I changed my sig and avy.

Sigh I’m sorry to say this, wannebchef91 (I truly am, I don’t mean to hurt your feelings or anything cos’ you’re my pal), but you kinda spoiled Partly Cloudy for me (I have been refraining as much as I can from finding out the plot). I mean, okay, not all of it (I don’t know the plot), but now thanks to your graphics, I sorta know who the characters will be. :frowning: Maybe you can switch to one of your earlier sigs?

I guess I can still be excited about it, though. Wonder what [spoil]a stork has to do with a cloud[/spoil]?

I think a good rule of thumb for posting graphics of new releases is to try to refrain from posting any pics beyond the trailers and the official website. Although, the issue of how much can be revealed in the public domain can be debatable, and is a hairy issue, indeed.

I think it’s safe to hold back ‘dangerous’ graphics and fanfic titles (which I’ve noticed being posted by a few members in the FanFiction section lately) until the Japanese release in December. I know, it’s a long time away, and we have some excited fans who can’t wait to share their opinions on the movie they’ve already seen… :confused: I don’t know, what you guys think? I don’t want this to come off as too ‘control-freaky’, but at least by tomorrow, I’ll be okay with these graphics (Don’t know about Brits or others in countries who haven’t seen a theatrical release yet, though).

To other members, please read this thread, and exercise some discretion when posting spoilerific items. When in doubt, just don’t post it. At least, not until December, which is a few months away anyway. If you really can’t wait to show off your fan-made graphics, don’t wear them publicly, and post them in your fan graphics thread with a SPOILER warning as the first line. I think that’s the best compromise for now. Sorry for turning this post into a lecture (God, I feel so weird now), but please guys, show concern for others who have not seen the movie yet, okay?

BTW, thanks for changing your graphics Bryko. I’m sure me and other people who haven’t had a chance to see Up yet appreciate your considerate action.

TDIT Well put, I didn’t feel comfortable debating that point, considering I haven’t really been here that long, and it’s not really my place to be pointing out rules and stuff to members. I appreciate the support on the matter.

I will point out however, that chef’s avatar is indeed on the official Pixar site. I didn’t think it seemed spoilerish at all, it’s just an image of some characters in the short, they’re not even performing their task in the film in the image. I just wanted to point out that the rule you pointed out about sigs didn’t apply to his, it fit the bill.

Let’s keep it fun for everybody here, there’s a lot of us that haven’t had a chance to really witness the movie, we gotta be patient.

By the way, about wannabechef’s old signature: (SPOILER!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE!!!) [spoil]Whose house are they in?[/spoil]

Well, [spoil]it’s after Carl loses his house, and all you see is Carl in a chair, Dug sleeping next to him, and the window that Russell is standing outside. It might be Shady Oaks, but I’m not sure.[/spoil]

sigh, sigh, sigh~~~~~~

Okay, okay. But instead of removing/changing my sig, I’ll put it with spoiler tags. And please make me clear when will I reveal the sig - again. :frowning:

Okay, I gotta admit this quite irks me. I’ve changed my sig almost 4 times this week. But hey, it’s for everybody’s good. :frowning:

And thanks ffdude1906.

Well, sorry about that Chef, but it’s for the sake of others who haven’t seen it yet… thanks for being considerate, I really appreciate it!

ffdude, my bad then, guess I didn’t know that it was on the official site. But the short’s characters and story was pretty much under wraps in the general public’s perception… again, this is debatable as to what is considered spoilerific or not, and I don’t want to come off as a control-freak. But the truth is I was indeed spoiled (maybe I’m the only one, maybe not), and I got a little upset over it. I think the best thing to do is when in doubt, err on the side of caution.

Please don’t take any of this personally, guys. I really like your Pixar fandom, as much as other fans here. Thanks for accepting my request to wear less spoilerific graphics… the ones you wore months ago were actually okay to begin with…

Yeah, I understand, you want to be surprised, I don’t blame you. No biggie, I understand completely. :wink: Rest easy bud, I’ve been trying to keep my mouth shut, but it’s so hard! XD

My sig is back! And I feel that now, I have the right to put it as Partly Cloudy sig here. Why? Because the public now aware of PC short - including the characters: Fluffy & Bird ([spoil]Gus & Peck[/spoil]).

I just hope there won’t be misunderstanding or dissatisfaction towards my (lovely) sig.

chef

shrugs shoulders Well, I still haven’t watched the short yet, thanks to my cinema bungling up my Advanced Screening. But if you really want to wear it, I won’t stop you, Chef. I don’t have the right to force you anyway (and I would feel bad if I did). And it’s already been spoiled for me, so there’s no point anyway…

Well, I just hope you don’t feel bad for me. I just love the short, and like ffdude1906 said, it fits the bill. :neutral_face:

Sorry though.

wannabechef91’s public apology:

First of all, I just want to say sorry for misunderstandings and/or dissatisfaction towards my sig. I dunno if I eligible to view it or not, but personally, I do. Because the public are quite aware of the short. Sorry for spoiler-ing the movie or/and the short. And I too sorry for my selfishness of my fandom.

I really hope that all PP members won’t see me in a negative perspective or something. I already feel like I am the bad guy in this forum. And I won’t be hesitated to quit PP if I already made misunderstandings and/or dissatisfaction to anyone here. I, here leave to the mod for all the authorities and I am ready for all the consequences.

:neutral_face:

And mods, tell me if I do eligible for the sig or not ASAP. The situation here has becoming more and more complicated. Thank you. :slight_smile:

I think this has gone on long enough… and as a result we’ve lost the friendly nature around here and it has become a place where members feel like they need and want to depart. That is unacceptable.

Lets get this back on topic too…

thewisecookiesheet your Lifted Sig is Genuis… and I love it!

Well put Cap, let’s drop it and move on.

I like TDIT’s new sig and avvy, even though they’re a bit old. :wink:

It’s great to see all of us work together to sort the “mess” out… without the combined cooperation between TDIT, Captain & wannabechef we can finally put the matter behind us. :slight_smile:

Look at my signature

My, this has been interesting.
Let’s not do this again.

Ahh. Thanks
I’m glad you like it!