A press release from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment via MarketWire, has the following information on the upcoming release of Ratatouille on DVD and Blu-Ray in the US later this year.
Special Features for the DVD release will be:
- Deleted Scenes – With introductions by “Ratatouille’s acclaimed screenwriter/director Brad Bird.
- Your Friend the Rat” – Remy and Emile star in an all-new animated short film.
- Fine Food and Film: A Conversation with Brad Bird and Thomas Keller – Cuisine and cinema come together in this behind-the-scenes look at how master chef and restaurateur Thomas Keller brought his real-life expertise to the table.
- “Lifted” – In Pixar’s latest short, Oscar® nominated for Best Animated Short Film, a teen alien learns that failure is an option.
- More Surprises!
Special features for the Blu-Ray release will include:
Includes all the bonus features available on DVD plus:
All-new features only available on Blu-ray™ Hi Def:
- Gusteau’s Gourmet Game: In this inventive new Java-based game, the orders are stacking up in Chez Gusteau’s kitchen. You must help Linguini by moving quickly from station to station in the kitchen to prepare the right meal. If the guests are happy, there just might be time for a delicious bowl of ratatouille.
- Cine-Explore: An innovative, in-movie Java feature allows viewers to customize their own behind the scenes experience, which includes:
- Animation Briefing
- Documentary Shorts
- Deleted Shots: R.I.P.
- Deleted Scenes
You can read the full press release here. Sounds like it will be a skimpy 1-disc DVD release again. Disney are still trying to push us onto technology were not so sure about still.