Today Disney/Pixar released an official new trailer for the Incredibles 2, which explodes into cinemas June 15th.
There’s a lot to digest here, so if you haven’t already, take a look at the epic video below (or re-watch it for the 100th time, like me):
The trailer begins as we share dinner with the Parr family, tonight’s special: Chinese food. Dash and Violet are back at it, fighting over minute things like whether or not Dash washed his hands before devouring egg rolls, as siblings are known to do. Before we know it though, we’re back into some serious action as we’re introduced to Helen AKA Elastigirl’s new job. “Help me bring Supers back into the spotlight,” says tycoon Winston Deavor, as he gives an impressive presentation about his plan for this superhero renaissance.
For the rest of the trailer we’re following Elastigirl as she zips across town on her sleek motorcycle, jumping through helicopters, using her parachute powers to stop a moving train, and just well, generally being amazing as she saves the day. Meanwhile, in stark contrast, Mr. Incredible is fighting his own battles at home. He’s not only dealing with Violet’s “adolescence,” Dash’s ridiculously hard math homework, but he’s also got to take care of and manage Jack-Jack’s new range of superpowers.
Even Elastigirl is struggling as she tries to adjust to her new life and reversed role. “You know it’s crazy, right? To help my family, I’ve got to leave it. To fix the law, I’ve got to break it.” Mr. Incredible is supportive and quick to respond with, “You’ve got to so our kids can have that choice.”
Some of the best bits from the trailer:
- There’s a new villain named Screenslaver, who has a menacing design, complete with a robotic voice that sent chills down my spine. He’s obviously bad news and by the looks of it, he’s able to manipulate viewers by taking over their devices.
- We’re introduced to the Parr’s gorgeous new mid-century modern home #HouseGoals
- Frozone’s wife, Honey, is back, and she’s just as sassy as before. Talk about iconic, “Where you going ASAP? You better be back ASAP!”
- We get to see the family working together to fight crime.
- And of course there’s Edna Mode going over some new suit tech with Mr. Incredible.
I was lucky enough to visit Pixar on April 4th and 5th for an Incredibles 2 press event where I learned everything about the Parr’s fancy new home, got to find out how they achieved all those intense explosions with the visual effects team, saw some stunning new costume designs, and I even got the run down on some of those key story points that were depicted in the trailer.
Make sure to suit up and come back after April 16th to read all about what I saw and experienced last week.