I’m willing to bet that you’ll all be in line to get this November 2nd release, but which version (out of many) is on your wish list? Hopefully the special features listed below (now complete with official descriptions) can help you make that decision!
• Day & Night – The innovative and entertaining short from the imagination of Pixar artist and Director Teddy Newton.
• Toys! – A closer look at all of Toy Story 3’s beloved toys from updating the classic characters to the creation of the Sunnyside Daycare and Bonnie’s Room toys.
• Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: The Science of Adventure – Produced in conjunction with NASA, this hybrid animation documentary of Buzz’s visit to the International Space Station focuses on research in zero gravity and Buzz’s triumphant return to Earth.
• Paths to Pixar: Editorial – Pixar editors, past and future share anecdotes about their careers.
• The Gang’s All Here – A touching look at the returning voice talent for Toy Story 3 and an introduction to the voices of the new characters.
• A Toy’s Eye View: Creating A Whole New Land – A sneak peek at the new Toy Story-themed playland at Hong Kong Disneyland.
• Studio Stories – A series of amusing animated anecdotes about life at Pixar.
—- “Where’s Gordon?” – An animator finds a hidden room at Pixar.
—- “Cereal Bar” – The majestic and expansive Pixar cereal bar is explored.
—- “Clean Start” – The Toy Story 3 animators shave their heads to mark the start of the film.
On Blu-ray: All of the above plus…
• Toy Story Trivia Dash – This cool game challenges you to sprint to the finish with Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Rex as you quickly answer questions about all three Toy Story movies.
• Cine-Explore – Commentary by Director Lee Unkrich and Producer Darla K. Anderson.
• Beyond the Toybox: An Alternative Commentary Track Featuring Leads from Story, Tech, Art and Animation – Commentary by Story Supervisor Jason Katz, Supervising Technical Director Guido Quaroni, Production Designer Bob Pauley and Supervising Animators Bobby Podesta and Michael Venturini.
• Beginnings: Setting A Story In Motion – Screenwriter Michael Arndt analyzes successful opening scenes from Toy Story, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles.
• Bonnie’s Playtime: A Story Roundtable – A roundtable discussion with Director Lee Unkrich and the story artists who brought the “Bonnie’s Playtime” scene to life.
• Roundin’ Up A Western Opening – The development of the movie’s exciting opening scene.
• Life Of A Shot – Toy Story 3 artists and technicians describe their contributions to a few of the shots in the film’s “Western Opening.”
• Goodbye Andy – An exploration of character design, acting and animation in the scene “Andy’s Goodbye.”
• Accidental Toymakers – By creating the Toy Story characters, the Pixar filmmakers found themselves in the unlikely role of toy designers. Meet the toy company that took a chance on manufacturing the now iconic toys and learn of their incredible success that began with a modest number of Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys 15 years ago.
• Making of Day & Night – The story behind the unique 2D/3D blended short.
You can pre-order three versions of the film right now: a 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (SRP $45.99), a 2-Disc Blu-ray (SRP $39.99) (with alternate cover) and a stand-alone DVD (SRP $29.99). Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box Collection, including the entire series in 10-discs, is also up for pre-order. Choose wisely!
(via Latino Review)